Default Randymon - Recipe please?

We had the most amazing pumpkin soup with toasted pumpkin seeds at the Otaheite restaurant and wonder if there is any way we could see the recipe. I have searched the net for something close but can't find anything. We are back from our first trip to Jamaica and CN and had the most amazing time! Far better than any all inclusive we have ever been to. We definitely will be back but I don't know if I can wait that long for the pumpkin soup. (And I don't really like soup, haha!) Please help! Thanks!

Default pumpkin soup recipe

Here is the recipe that was posted on the mb once before. Enjoy!!
    Couples’ Pumpkin Soup Recipe

l large onion
    2 cloves of garlic
    1/2 cup carrot
    1 cup potato
    2 stalks cerery
    1 1/2 pound pumpkin
    16 oz.chicken stock
    1 cup whipping cream
    salt and pepper
    2 oz. butter
    2 oz, flour

Peel and wash all veggies and set aside. Dice onion and chop garlic.Melt butter ...saute all ingredients then add flour to make a roux. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Blend in food processor. Add cream, salt and pepper to taste.

Default I have the recipe you are looking for...

e-mail me at tcaling dot com and I will send it to you. We have tried it once at home but just not the same - hard to get fresh pumpkin and plantains in the states like they have in Jamaica - which I think is the key.

I agree too...this soup was excellent. I can't wait to go back and have more. Everything we had at CN was topnotch...only 200 days to go!!

I have also made this recipe at home. The chef at CN gave it to me. I think I am a pretty good cook but this did not turn out well. I agree with Tupperitaville - the pumpkin is just not the same here.

Misja Ruijs - the CN Executive Chef has told us using "American" pumpkins is part of the problem, you need Jamaican pumpkins for the proper flavor.

We attended a festival this weekend at which a Jamaican restaurant had a stall serving jerk pork, etc. I asked the lady running things, clearly born and grow in Jamaica by her strong accent (to my US ears) about where to get Jamaican pumpkins. She recommended farmer's markets and also noted that "calabash" is very similar and may be easier to find. Online research shows similar information - that calabash is nearly identical to Jamaican pumpkin.