Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Trading Places-CSS & CTI-Which days?

Which days does the trading places take place between CSS and CTI. Staying at CSS, wanting to visit CTI.

And...which night is the repeaters dinner at CSS?

Thanks!

Trading Places is Monday, Wednesday and Friday. CSS repeater's dinner is Thursday.

Trading places for all Couples resorts is Mon,Weds & Fridays

The repeat stay dinner @ CSS is on Thursday nights and is not to be missed

We are going to CSS in July and our only disappoint is that CSS does not have a Cat Cruise. So we thought we'd try trading places and go to CTI one day to do the Cat Cruise. We didn't know you can only trade places on certain days. We thought you could do it any day of the week. According to this post, that is not the case. If we can only go Monday, Wed or Fri that doesn't help with the Cat Cruise since that runs Tues, Thurs and Saturday. We are very disappointed. Oh well. Next year is CN and we can do the Cat Cruise there. The Cat Cruise is just one of the highlights of the week for us. But overall, we LOVE CSS.
    At least we know now before we go. Thanks for the info.

BrendaandBruce ~ You wouldn't have been able to go on the Catamaran cruise even if it was one of the days the Trading Places runs. Anything that requires a reservation can only be done at your 'home' resort, you can't do them at the resort that you visit. And Trading Places runs from 10am - 4pm and you must take the shuttle back to your 'home' resort at 4pm or you can be charged for a day pass.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

When doing a Trading Places day you will return to your "home" resort around 4:00 so you would not be able to do the cat cruise or dine at any of the evening restaurants. None of the activities that require a reservation are available at the resort you are visiting (spa, cat cruise, horseback riding etc). That being said you can eat, drink and participate in daytime activities. It's a great way to see and experience one of the other Couples resorts and I highly recommend it!

When trading places you could not do the Cat Cruise anyway since you cannot do anything that you have to sign up for. The cat cruise was the thing that had made me lean toward CTI a couple of years ago, but that was when it was under remodel, so we had to go to CSS. We LOVED CSS. We did the trading places last year to check CTI out, and decided we had been lucky haveing to go to CSS. It was more our style. CTI is beautiful, but to us it was to "hotel" like. We love the grounds at CSS. They are more rustic, and much closer to nature, which is what we love. So don't worry about the cruise, there is a lot of places to explore instead at CSS. You will enjoy it.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaandBruce.PA View Post
    We are going to CSS in July and our only disappoint is that CSS does not have a Cat Cruise. So we thought we'd try trading places and go to CTI one day to do the Cat Cruise. We didn't know you can only trade places on certain days. We thought you could do it any day of the week. According to this post, that is not the case. If we can only go Monday, Wed or Fri that doesn't help with the Cat Cruise since that runs Tues, Thurs and Saturday. We are very disappointed. Oh well. Next year is CN and we can do the Cat Cruise there. The Cat Cruise is just one of the highlights of the week for us. But overall, we LOVE CSS.
    FYI, it would have been a moot point, as even if the CC ran the same days as the TP, you still couldn't go on it. The cruise doesn't head out until later in the afternoon, which is when you have to return back to CSS.

But as you stated, you'll get your chance to do the CC when you visit CN. You'll love 'em both - the cruise AND the resort.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can do the cat cruise, or diving or any excursion for the trading places. I'm not sure if you can even snorkel. We're thinking of doing checking out CTI while at CSS too, but it will certainly just be a beach day if we do. Maybe we'll just do a half day and take a cab back early.

Curious, does anyone know what that would cost?

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaandBruce.PA View Post
    Also, you can't do anything that requires a reservation AND the bus to return to your resort leaves at 4, so you couldn't do cat cruise as it doesn't return to resort until after 6.
    Vicky

You cannot utilize any reservation activities when doing Trading Places including the Cat Cruise, scuba diving and horseback riding.
    If you really want to take a Cat cruise you can arrange for one thru the tour desk @ CSS. The same thing goes with horseback riding.

You wouldn't be able to do the cat cruise from CTI with the Trading Places pass anyway. That only runs from 10 until 4 and you can't do any of the inclusions at your visiting resort.

Have fun anyway.

V

jamaicamecrazy - When we were at CSS in Feb, we did the trading places to CTI, but took a cab back after lunch instead of waiting for the bus at 4:00. It was $10.
    (Karen&Paul)

EVERYONE, THANK YOU for the information. We really appreciate it. We have been to CSS, CTI and CN but have never checked into the Trading Places or how it worked. CSS is our favorite because of the layout and it is just so beautiful. We like CN for the nicer beach and we like CTI because they offer a lot of choices of things to do. Each year we usually switch resorts so we always have a change of scenery and it seems new all the time even though we feel like we are going home each year. It's been 3years since we were to CSS and we are really looking forward to it and counting the days.
    Thanks again. We can survive without the Cat Cruise.

Oh no! This makes me really sad. I booked CTI specifically for the horse riding and cat cruise....there was a glitch with the TA who booked us for CSS in a nicer room to make up for it and said we could do the activities when we do trading places. Are you saying I can't do the cat. cruise OR the hb riding? Now I'm really disappointed.
    Sean & Bekah Walsh

SueBoo, what time is the CSS Repeater's dinner on Thursdays and why is it not to be missed? We are planning a vow renewal ceremony on a thursday at CSS but I certainly don't want it to interfere with the dinner if it's that spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by bekahchica View Post
    Oh no! This makes me really sad. I booked CTI specifically for the horse riding and cat cruise....there was a glitch with the TA who booked us for CSS in a nicer room to make up for it and said we could do the activities when we do trading places. Are you saying I can't do the cat. cruise OR the hb riding? Now I'm really disappointed.
    Unfortunately, you would have to pay for these activities if you do them out of CSS. Not sure how important these two activities rank on your total agenda, but if they are super high and it may make a significant difference, you can always try to return back to CTI. Not saying you should do this, only you know how important various excursions and activities factor within with the context of the total resort experience. But at least it's an option you can explore.
    Ron

Thanks KarenON. That's a cheap cab ride. It's nice to know it would be easy to leave early if we wish. But who knows, maybe we'll end up wanting to stay the whole day.

Do they only allow a few people to trade places each day? We were not allowed to do it but there was no explanation as to why, just that it wasn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Do they only allow a few people to trade places each day? We were not allowed to do it but there was no explanation as to why, just that it wasn't available.
    I think it's strictly a numbers game. Once they've reached the limit for that day, and I'm not sure what that limit is....10, 12, ?.....then that's it. I'm sure Couples has logistical and/or financial reasons behind what drives the TP program, but personally I think they should expand it by making it easier to visit the respective sister resorts (CSS/CTI in OR and CN/CSA in NG), as well as offering lengthier stays during the visit. But again, they have their reasons for the restrictions. And so it goes.
    Ron

amyangeli: I think the repeater's dinner is around 7:00 pm. It's after the manager's cocktail party. Pierre is always there and holds a contest with prizes (gift shop or spa certificates etc) It's fun and the food is excellent.

We traded from CTI to CSS on our trip last week and I am so glad we did. We loved CTI and all the activities there, but really wanted to consider CSS for our next trip. We fell in love with CSS, but will be hard-pressed to decide on a resort for our next trip because the staff at CTI were beyond compare. Truly amazing people, warm and friendly and so much fun!! The staff we met at CSS were wonderful, too, and I would expect that if we stayed there, it would be more of that amazing Couples hospitality.

In any event, I wanted to highly recommend doing the day trip to the sister resort, whereever you stay, just so you can get more of that Couples goodness & see what the other resort has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    I think it's strictly a numbers game. Once they've reached the limit for that day, and I'm not sure what that limit is....10, 12, ?.....then that's it. I'm sure Couples has logistical and/or financial reasons behind what drives the TP program, but personally I think they should expand it by making it easier to visit the respective sister resorts (CSS/CTI in OR and CN/CSA in NG), as well as offering lengthier stays during the visit. But again, they have their reasons for the restrictions. And so it goes.
    It must fill up fast then! We were there for 10 days and asked if we could sign up for any day and they said no. That's over a week in advance.

The maximum couples they allow for TP is 10. And I can see why. We were at CSS and a group from CTI came over. There were more than 10 couples and they took over the AN pool. It was packed! Really put a strain on the resources for that day. So I understand why they put limitations on the number of guests allowed to trade.

Melody ~ Do you have a RR number? It is hard to believe that in a week's time there was never any openings (not implying that you are lie-ing). You can only do the TP if you have a RR number.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Yes, I put it on my sheet and we got the massages but not the t-shirts or cooler and snack. I asked about them and the person we talked to acted like he had never heard of such a thing. We also went to the repeaters dinner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast