Default Dress shirts & wrinkles

Should I send my fiance's dress shirt to the cleaners before we leave to get washed and pressed, or just wait until we get to Jamaica. We arrive May 1st, and get married May 5th. Would we get it back in time?

Get it cleaned and pressed now. You can touch it up with the iron in the room if needed after you arrive.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Have a great trip!

I agree with dirtleg, get it washed and pressed now then touch it up in the room. We just returned from getting married at CSA. Make certain to carry your wedding dress on the plane just for safety sake. Luckily our luggage wasn't damaged going to Negril but coming home our main luggage got beat up pretty bad.

Send them now. I did that when we were married in 2008...neatly folded them in the suitcase and put them on the hanger when we go there. I don't remember having to iron them, maybe just the sleeve. Congrats and enjoy!!!

Thanks ya'll! My fiance is taking his dress shirt, and all his linen clothes to the cleaners. I am planning on carrying my dress on the plane, and hes gonna carry his suit.

ChrisNDeb, what airline did you fly? That stinks about your bag getting so beat up on your return flight.

I can't believe we finally leave this week! It seems so surreal. It'll be a nice vacation from packing up our house. We close on our old and new house May 17th!

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostMrsC View Post
    Should I send my fiance's dress shirt to the cleaners before we leave to get washed and pressed, or just wait until we get to Jamaica. We arrive May 1st, and get married May 5th. Would we get it back in time?
    Clean and press before you go, I agree with the touch up if needed upon arrival. Trust me, just do it for yourself, no one else will even notice a slight wrinkle.
    We were there last week and I swear one guy was dressed exactly like Larry the Cable Guy. Cut off sleeves, camoflage hat with fish hook, the whole nine yards, your hubby will look just fine

I forgot to ask, what resort? We will be at CSA May 5-10 although I'm sure you will be Mrs. C by the time we get there!!!

I BET ChrisNDeb were flying Delta????

You can request the dry cleaner fold the shirt so that it is ready to travel. We've done this before and it works great. Any wrinkles fall out in the humidity.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Sad to say..we were flying American Airlines when our bag spanked :-) Thing is, they took care of us and replaced the bag in a matter of minutes. So kudos to them for that.

I wished I saw the guy that blueseagolf mentioned that looked like larry the cable guy....good times!

[QUOTE=ChrisNDeb;70120]Sad to say..we were flying American Airlines when our bag spanked :-) Thing is, they took care of us and replaced the bag in a matter of minutes. So kudos to them for that.QUOTE]

I DIDN'T want to here it was AA. We usually fly Delta, but got an incredible deal on AA for this trip. At least it was good they took care of you...Delta usually doesn't!!! Hopefully we won't have any problems