Thread: Room request

Default Room request

We are leaving Monday the 19th for CN. We booked the standard Garden Deluxe room. I wondered if there was any way we could request a ground floor since I've read that there are no elevators at the hotel. My husband has been having back problems recently and thought the stairs may pose a problem. Do we e-mail the hotel? Thanks in advance for any help.

when you check-in at the front desk, simply let them know you would prefer a ground floor room if at all possible. They don't assign rooms until you actually get to the resort & check-in, so emailing or calling ahead won't do any good. According to this website, the resort is booked to capacity from April 10th until the 23rd, but the staff will always do whatever they can to fulfill guests' requests. We always kindly ask if we can have either a 2nd or 3rd floor room (we like being higher up, makes us feel like we're "in the palm trees!") and they have been able to fulfill our request on both our last trips. You will LOVE CN!! We will be there from the 17th to the 22nd ... maybe see you at the swim-up bar!!

Texgal65, While they do not guarantee that they can honor your request, they will do the best they can. I have had success in the past by submitting requests using the "Customer Relations" option under "Contact Us" on the couples main website. Explain your situation and request along with your dates of stay, and hopefully they will be able to accommodate you. Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

Just ask at check-in. They will do their best to accommodate you especially since it is medical.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Yes, you may e-mail the hotel or call them and they will make a note of it. Many people prefer the higher floors so your chances of getting a ground floor room should be pretty good. I am sorry to hear about his back, but even if you get a higher floor room they will take your bags up and if you call them thirty minutes to an hour before you are to be in the lobby they will come and get them and bring them down. Truly they are very kind.

Texgal65,

I would call the Couples number and just have them place a request on file - that you want a ground floor room for health reasons. They can't guarantee you a specific room but I am sure that they will be able to give you a ground floor room if you ask.

~ Tara

Thank you all for your replies. I may send an e-mail/call to request a lower floor. Just something that crossed my mind. Monday just can't get here soon enough. This is our 4th trip to the island, but first to CN. From all of the reviews, I already feel certain that it won't be our last!

Summervillecutie ~ Couples automatically comes and gets your bags when you leave, you don't have to call them for them to pick them up.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Our success with advance request

When we went to CN I emailed in advance the fact that my wife has difficulty climbing stairs. The response said that while no absolute guarantee could be given, they had noted our request and unless something unusual came up, we could count on our request being honored. When we arrived we were that they were able to honor our request and we were put on the first floor in #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Summervillecutie ~ Couples automatically comes and gets your bags when you leave, you don't have to call them for them to pick them up.
    Thanks. It has been a while since I have been there. I am not getting old or anything. hehe

Texgal65 - A suggestion- ask them if at all possible if you could get
    1st floor building #1. It is close to everything. Oh how I want to be there now. Enjoy!

We've been to CN twice and each time requested a specific building and floor in advance by email. Both were successful - requested rooms were waiting for us upon arrival. Third visit coming up in July.

I don't think you're going to have any trouble securing a ground floor accomodation. It's been my take from reading this MB that most folks prefer the 2nd or 3rd floors, so I doubt you'll have any problems. In our case it's what we requested prior to arrival and they actually had it pre-set up that way when we arrived. However, before taking the room, we had by then re-requested to be off the ground for privacy reasons and again it was no problem.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.