Hybrid View

Default Help!!! Items to pack!

Leaving for CN in 13 days. I remember seeing a thread for items to bring that people wished they would have know before they went to CN. I know some of things were bug spray, etc. Can anyone help me find the post or give me some hints. I am going shopping this weekend for the necessities.

I think this is what you were looking for:

"The 'I wish I would have thought of that' thread"

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=354
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Default Thanks

Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for.

Just as important is a list of things NOT to pack - or at least, don't pack as many of as you think you need.

And the number one item on that runway: All those clothes (especially shoes!) that you think you ought to have. Remember you'll be poolside or on the beach most of the time, so swimwear (and a shirt for guys) is appropriate most days. Obviously, some nicer clothing is needed for the fancier restaurants, but for the most part you can get by with a whole lot less than you think you'll need.

I remember a suggestion on a cruise message board for travelling on any vacation: "Pack all your clothes for vacation. Then take out half of them."

The number two item probably is the hairdryer, unless you have some really hard-to-dry hair. Yes, the resorts have hair dryers. No, they won't be as good as your Jetflame Blowtorch 10000 model back home, but they're still pretty good, and it's one less (bulky) item to pack.

I looked through that thread before our trip a few weeks ago. One of my favorite suggestions that we used all the time was a watch for the beach/pool. I put it in a plastic bag and we were always able to make activities like Hobie Cats at ten or breakfast before 11 at Patios.

I also recommend buying a cheap waterproof camera. It was nice to not have to worry about screwing up our good camera around the water

Have a GREAT time!

Bendy straws