Hybrid View

Default atmosphere ? CN v CSS

Hi there - wondering if you can tell me what the difference, if any, there is in the atmosphere at CSS v. CN. We're frequent (if you can call it that) guests of CN and are thinking of taking the plunge out of our safety zone to CSS. We've been to CTI (before it was CTI) and loved CN so much more .... I know it is all a matter of personal preference but what are your thoughts?

CN = small bohemium style resort on a busy beach in a busy beach town in lovely Negril

CSS = giant private romantic tropical paradise in the port town of Ocho Rios in the beautiful parish of St. Mary with the blue mountains in the background

Yep I think that says it all!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Ditto, Shari and James. CSS will not disappoint you. We just got back from our 4th straight trip and it just keeps getting better.
    Steve

Curious as to "why" you did not like CTI that much? If you like to take long walks on the beach then you will be disappointed at CSS because the beaches are small and you can walk from one end to the other in 1 minute but you can walk around the grounds at CSS which seems bigger than CN.

We liked the rooms much better at CSS but we enjoyed the food selections better at CN

the a/n beach at CSS is MUCH better than CN

We did enjoy CSS but we will return to Negril for our next visit in January of 2010

I've never been to CN, but CSS is absolutely beautiful. You may join in the fun with other folks, or find a private spot for just the two of you. I can't imagine a better setting.

Its not that we didn't "like" OR, we just were in love with CN - we definitely have friends that make fun of us constantly because we ONLY go to Jamaica - but in reading the Travel & Leisure mag last night, Couples took 4 out of the top 10 spots for best Caribbean resorts - I'm thinking that we can't go wrong!! :-)

We are the same way, we love Jamaica. We live on the east coast and it is faster to Jamaica than almost anywhere else.

We were in a rut and we went to Negril time after time, so we did try CSS and liked it but....

We have been to Puerto Rico, London, and the florida keys this year and none of them were as nice as couples or as relaxing and all but the Keys were trains, planes, and automobiles to reach (long trips).