Default Going to CN - first timers - room questions...?

Hi everyone,

I've become super excited about our trip because of this board!

I was wondering, is there any chance at a room upgrade when you check in at couples? Is it worth asking?

What about specifying a building when you check in?

...And any opinions on the best building for a deluxe garden room?

Thanks!
    Bonnie and Josh
    CN - June, 2010
    (first timers!)

Free upgrades are offered based upon availability to Romance Rewards members at the Passionate Love Level. As a first-time guest, you wouldn't qualify.

If you've never been a guest at CN before, you have no idea what you'll be doing and what building will be most convenient you. Why set yourself up for disappointment by making a special request? Two posts come to mind, and both involved first-time guests.

The first involved a newlywed who asked people to recommend a room. Based upon responses, she requested a specific room. That room wasn't available when she arrived, but the room right next door to it was. She had a fit and could be heard throughout the week complaining about the fact that her specific room request hadn't been granted. Not the way to begin a marriage.

The second involved a similar situation. The poster requested room recommendations. When she arrived at the resort, she was offered a room but asked if asked if the recommended room was available. It was, and she was given that room. Subsequently, she discovered where the room she had originally been offered was located and was upset because, for her, the location of that room would have been much better.

People will be happy to recommend particular buildings or rooms, but different people have different preferences; what I like might differ vastly from what you like. Why not just accept what's offered and see how you like it?

Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Perhaps you could just let me know which buildings have garden view rooms...?

While you're correct in that I haven't been there, my husband and I do have our own preferences on location. We like quiet, secluded buildings - far walks to/from beach, pool, restaurants do not matter to us. I would rather not be facing the main road.

If you could recommend a building that might accommodate those interests, I'd appreciate it.

Sunshine18

All you can do is ask when you arrive at the resort. Take the time to fill out the Romance Rewards Pre Check-In.

http://couples.com/RomanceRewards/08-Check-IN.htm

I agree with the reply, here is our expierence. At CN we have always asked for a quite 2nd floor Garden R. We did not want a building near resturants for early morning or late night noise. If after the first night you are not happy with your room location I would ask to be moved and explaine your reason. This past Feb. we stayed at CSA in a Garden Atrium which was close to the Palms resturant and not being night life people we asked to be moved and they kindly delivered.
    Have fun and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Free upgrades are offered based upon availability to Romance Rewards members at the Passionate Love Level. As a first-time guest, you wouldn't qualify.

If you've never been a guest at CN before, you have no idea what you'll be doing and what building will be most convenient you. Why set yourself up for disappointment by making a special request? Two posts come to mind, and both involved first-time guests.

The first involved a newlywed who asked people to recommend a room. Based upon responses, she requested a specific room. That room wasn't available when she arrived, but the room right next door to it was. She had a fit and could be heard throughout the week complaining about the fact that her specific room request hadn't been granted. Not the way to begin a marriage.

The second involved a similar situation. The poster requested room recommendations. When she arrived at the resort, she was offered a room but asked if asked if the recommended room was available. It was, and she was given that room. Subsequently, she discovered where the room she had originally been offered was located and was upset because, for her, the location of that room would have been much better.

People will be happy to recommend particular buildings or rooms, but different people have different preferences; what I like might differ vastly from what you like. Why not just accept what's offered and see how you like it?

[QUOTE]People will be happy to recommend particular buildings or rooms, but different people have different preferences; what I like might differ vastly from what you like. Why not just accept what's offered and see how you like it?[QUOTE]

I think this was very well said. That's exactly what I did when booking my room. We r staying @ CTI 09/2011 and I booked a suite. I did that because, for my a frig and minibar are important to me. I also chose the oceanview suite because, I prefer to view the ocean as oppose to a garden. You may b fine with a garden view because, u don't spend much time in your room. I think as first-timers, we should accept what is given and look around while there. The next time u visit then u will have a better idea of what u want and what to request for yourself. Not based on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine18 View Post
    . . . . [M]y husband and I do have our own preferences on location. We like quiet, secluded buildings - far walks to/from beach, pool, restaurants do not matter to us. I would rather not be facing the main road.

If you could recommend a building that might accommodate those interests, I'd appreciate it.
    None of the rooms face the main road, but many of the garden rooms, being the least expensive, are closer to the road than are the most expensive rooms. Most of the garden rooms are in Buildings 2, 3, and 4. Some people have reported being placed in Buildings 1 and 5 with a garden room, but when we stayed in those buildings, we had either a beachfront room or beachfront suite.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We have been there three times - the only room I did not like this last time was Building 3 - we asked to be moved and they offered Building 2 and it was wonderful!