Default First time to CSA!!!! Any suggestions/tips?

My fiance and I are getting married on June 5 and spending our honeymoon at CSA. We will be there June 9-16 and are soooo excited!!!!! Kevin isn't too keen on seafood so I'm hoping there's plenty of other choices for him. Based on other reviews and photos, the resort seems amazing! Any suggestions and/or tips?

The beef that they serve at Feathers and Patios is excellent,,as is everything else really, go and have the time of your lives and forget about the real world for just a little while..
    ARE WE THERE YET??

I can't stand seafood either, and I never, ever went hungry. They have great chicken, pork, beef, and even veggie dishes available at every meal. No worries, I promise!

You will not ever be hungry. Just relax, go with the flow. The only advice I have is do not plan every minute out, just see where the day takes you.

I usually have a list of things I want to do, and usually leave with the list exactly as I arrived. Sand gravity and yummy drinks on the beach become priority 1 once you arrive.

OMG, where would I start? OK, here are my suggestions:

1. DO Try ALL the restaurants

2. DO Spend time upstairs at the Martini Bar with Winston. Tell him that Penny, his personal artist, will be back in March

3. DO Chat with the staff, as they are the most wonderful and friendliest people anywhere on this planet!!

4. Watch each sunset, it's different every night

5. DONT get caught up in the Palapa-Drama, its not worth a minute of your vacation time

6. DONT forget to try the daily drink specials

7. DONT Worry....about anything the entire time

Cheers!
    -Penny
    CN
    8/16-8/21

Home to CSA 3/4-3/11/2011

Relax, enjoy the resort and each other. Practice safe sun!

As a repeating theme....Relax, Relax, Relax. Go with the vibe do eat at each restraunt, do do the cat cruise, do lay on the beach, take a bob marley shot, meet as many people as you want as lasting friendships have been made on the island, have a red stripe in the lounge, sit on your verandah and have breakfast with significan other, bnothing too extravagant and nothing mentioned other than cat cruise needs to be booked so you really can chill and have the time of your life...

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    You will not ever be hungry. Just relax, go with the flow. The only advice I have is do not plan every minute out, just see where the day takes you.

I usually have a list of things I want to do, and usually leave with the list exactly as I arrived. Sand gravity and yummy drinks on the beach become priority 1 once you arrive.
    I kinda think this list I've been working on since March will stay the same also. I tried to list everything we didn't try last time but wish we did and everything we wanted to do again. My dh is not as detailed as me...he said 'as long as I get to snorkel'. We waited to snorkel two days before coming home last time and we're mad at ourselves...

I can only add this:

Wherever you are eating - try the soup.

We just got back from CSA two days ago and were first-timers. Everything went very smoothly and we had a wonderful time! Here are just a few suggestions:

Don't pack too many "day" clothes. We didn't wear two-thirds of the stuff we brought. We both packed 2 swimsuits and that is what we wore most of the time. I also brought 2 coverups and my boyfriend brought a couple of sleeveless shirts to put on for lunch. Otherwise, we dressed for dinner after the amazing sunsets.

Bring LOTS of sunscreen! We ran out and had to spend $21 for one bottle at the gift shop... continuous spray works nice. Don't go any lower than 15spf.

Bring dollars to the beach in case you would like to tip the local Jamaican musicians or buy a souvenier or two.

Our favorite thing was taking our shoes off and walking the beach after dinner each evening. I miss it already!!

Enjoy and congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    I can only add this:

Wherever you are eating - try the soup.
    GREAT TIP....when we went to CN last year for the first time, I had seen many posts on the Pumpkin soup at Otaheite and tried it and it was awesome. Tried soup several other places that trip and all were excellent....desserts too! And not too much usually.

Quote Originally Posted by kckp060510 View Post
    My fiance and I are getting married on June 5 and spending our honeymoon at CSA. We will be there June 9-16 and are soooo excited!!!!! Kevin isn't too keen on seafood so I'm hoping there's plenty of other choices for him. Based on other reviews and photos, the resort seems amazing! Any suggestions and/or tips?
    We just returned from our first trip to CSA last Saturday,
    TIPS:
    1)Take extra sunscreen, sun is brutal and shade is a premium
    2)Take a can of OFF bug repellent, all the restuarants except for feathers are open air which meant open season
    3)Try the daily drink special and everytime time you order a drink order a bottle of water. I would suggest one for one all day, with the sun and alcohol you can dehydrate quickly.
    4) I know you stated your hubby is not keen on seafood BUT, he should at least once try the snapper at the Cabana Grill next to the pool bar. I am not a big fish guy myself but this was awesome, and had it EVERYDAY for lunch, it was that good.

Enjoy and congrats on your upcoming wedding

We are getting married June 5th too. Might see you around. We will be there in the garden view veranda suites from June 7th -14th. My name is Venessa and my fiance is Brendan. Can hardly wait for this amazing honeymoon

Kckp & Venessa, congrats on choosing a wonderful resort to spend your first few days as husband and wife. Here's my list of things to do at CSA:
    1. Pig out on a breakfast pizza and banana stuffed french toast at Patois.
    2. Have lunch and snacks at the Sea Grapes Cafe. They will be different meals than anything you've ever eaten before but are all excellent. Gotta have the sweet potato chips and dips.
    3. Park yourselves on the beach between the bar and Sea Grapes so you're within striking distance from them and the water sports shack. Get your first drink at the bar and then plant your flag in the sand for refills.
    4. Snorkel at least 3 times because they'll take you to different locations. One has a sunken ship's cannon and an anchor...so cool to swim over them. Buy a good waterproof camera like my Olympus 1030 so you'll have great pictures underwater.
    5. Take a catamaran lesson and go for a sail every day to see the resort from the sea.
    6. Take the catamaran cruise and swim into the cave. Then swim back to the ship and go off the sliding board a few times. You'll love the sunset on your way back to CSA.
    5. Go to the Manager's cocktail party Monday evening to nosh on appetizers and sip cocktails while meeting all the wonderful managers.
    6. One of my favorites is to spend a few evenings with Ultimate Chocolate in the Aura Lounge singing and playing name that tune. The bar is right there for quick refills...<smile>.
    7. Don't miss having at least one meal at Lemongrass and Feathers. They are worth getting dressed up for!
    8. Stroll down the beach past Margaritaville and take in some of the local culture and shopping. My wife bought a beautiful beach wrap on one of our trips.
    9. Visit the sports/spa complex across the street and sample some of the smoothies at the bar while watching sports on the big screen tv. Take an exercise/yoga class from one of the certified visiting instructors. Get a nice massage and don't forget to tip the talanted ladies. They work on tips as do the van drivers.

Well you've got a few things to get you started so enjoy your time in Paradise!