Thread: i need help

Default i need help

Hey there i will be visiting CSS for my first trip to couples resort as i will be there for two weeks i will no doubt run out of my 200 cigarettes that i am alowed to bring into the country at some point. can some one please tell me if they sell cigarettes in the gift shop and how much they are?

I have tried to get an answer and to get a post through on this question but no luck yet.

limited selection of Marlboro's in the gift shop. You can get them though.

Quote Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
    Hey there i will be visiting CSS for my first trip to couples resort as i will be there for two weeks i will no doubt run out of my 200 cigarettes that i am alowed to bring into the country at some point. can some one please tell me if they sell cigarettes in the gift shop and how much they are?
    Can't answer the question, but how about going to the MEETUP and ask someone to bring some for you....Just a thought. Good luck.

I can't say for CSS but at CSA they do sell them in the gift shop but they are pretty expensive... I believe about $9/pack (at least 2 years ago they were). If your spouse/significant other does not smoke I would recommend having them carry another carton for you, as allowed through customs. The resort bought cigarettes have a much different taste than ones bought in the US.

14 cigarettes a day??? When do you find time to breathe? Don't worry about running out of cigarettes, your lungs will give out first.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Not sure if your partner is a smoker also but if not could they not bring in the same amt. then no worries.

I cant say about CSS but CN and CSA had vending machines 7-9 dollars a pack . We have never had issues bringing a couple carton each we always seem to smoke more on vacation. They mostly had American brands. They are stronger than the ones we get in the states.For personal use I don't think you will have problems . One in your checked bag and one in your carry on has worked for us.Good luck

Just bring 2 cartons. Nobody is going to say anything to you coming into Jamaica, especially for a 2 week stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
    Silly question -- does your companion smoke also? If not, he/she can also bring over 200 cigarettes. That would give you roughly a pack and a half a day for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    Just bring 2 cartons. Nobody is going to say anything to you coming into Jamaica, especially for a 2 week stay.
    Ha ha ha!

$9/pack in the gift shop, CSS does have them. You might be able to buy more in the airport when you get there too. Or bring over 200, declare them and go in the short line thru customs. (I am so doing this next time! There was no line for the declarations and a huge for for people not declaring!)
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

When I was still smoking, I always bought two cartons with me or four cartons between the two of us. Now my husband just brings his two cartons. I just took the packs out of the carton and divided them up in lose in different luggage. I have never had a problem. I dont like the smokes in the Jamaica.