Thread: Cti 4/16 - 4/23

Default Cti 4/16 - 4/23

Another AMAZING week at CTI... I'm not a big fan of writing reviews, so I'll just share some random thoughts:

Tipping. There have been a lot of recent reports on other sites that have stated tipping is rampant. This is simply not true. During our seven night stay we did not see a single instance of a guest trying to tip a staff member, nor did we see any instances of staff soliciting tips.

Service. Our 2009 trip began eight days after the reopening. We had incredible service, but since then, have wondered if our experience was due to the staff being excited to be back to work after a year and a half, and if was a result of the resort only being at 30%-40% capacity. Nope - this team is the real deal. I'd guess CTI was at 90%-95% capacity during our stay, and our service was at least as good as last year - probably better.

Piano Bar. Yes, there is a faint mildewy smell. I don't think it was as bad as people have claimed, and it seemed to improve over the course of seven days.

Beach. The beach has healed itself nicely. In fact, had I not seen the pictures from a couple months ago, I probably wouldn't have noticed a changed from a year ago.

Food. All of the food was fantastic. Bayside was considerably better than last year. They definitely have gotten the menu dialed in. The beach grill also improved considerably from last year, however the service is still a little iffy. 8 Rivers was a great experience again. My first thought was that the food wasn't quite as good as our first trip, but really the only issue was that the quality of the beef didn't seem quite as good. However it was still a great meal. The Verandah and Pario were again both very, very good.

Repeaters Dinner. This year's was the smallest of the three repeaters dinners we've been to. It wasn't nearly as loud as in previous years, didn't seem to drag out so long, and was much more enjoyable.

Omelet Station. Yes, Ulysse was great, and we really miss him. But his replacement, Myma-Sue, is definitely doing a great job filling his shoes. She's a very warm, happy person with the most contagious smile.

Miscellaneous. We had the $350/$150 credits, plus our Romance Rewards perks for being at the Passionate Love level. Everything was as it should have been and was very easy to use. Our departure check was ready at check-out.

Grounds. Wow! The landscaping was a wonderful surprise. We'd only seen CTI one time right after the renovations, so there was a lot of dirt and construction debris still scattered around the property. Everything is absolutely beautiful now. It's hard to believe so much has changed in just a year.

Swim-up Bar. We spent a couple hours at the swim-up bar for the first time. This seemed to be the gathering spot for all the wedding parties, including a LOT of singles. That, coupled with the activities provided by the entertainment team, made it a little too Cancun-ish for our tastes. Nothing was too outrageous or annoying - we just prefer the atmosphere of the island.

The island. Still our favorite place in the world!
    Last edited by BruceandKelli; April 26th, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Nice review amigo. I had to chuckle a bit when you referred to the swim up bar as being a bit Cancun-ish. When I think back, you're right, it was kinda like that. But for some funky reason we had a ball there just about every day. Don't recall it drawing a lot of wedding parties or that it was filled with singles, but then again, I was really paying attention. Guess Rosa and I looked at it as reliving our younger days a bit.

Again, sure wish we could have shared a few drinks and laughs with you and Kelli. Glad you two had another memorable vacation in paradise.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Bruce and Kelli
    Glad you had a lovely trip, we are sorry we missed you, we
    have been stuck at home due to the volcanic ash situation here in the uk.
    We have however managed to rebook for 1st-15th may, so when we get there we will raise our glasses and have a few drinks for you.
    Once again we are sorry we missed you
    Ellie & Simon

We had the same experience at the swim-up bar in November. It also poured over into the piano bar.

Glad you had a great time. Seems like from reading Ron's review that you guys ended up with a lot of red flag days. That's a bummer.

Now back to CN. Whoo Hoo!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Nice review and to the point. I am glad that u both had a wonderful time. Can't wait to go myself. Staying @ CTI 09/2011. As u can see, we have a very long wait ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Nice review amigo. I had to chuckle a bit when you referred to the swim up bar as being a bit Cancun-ish. When I think back, you're right, it was kinda like that. But for some funky reason we had a ball there just about every day. Don't recall it drawing a lot of wedding parties or that it was filled with singles, but then again, I was really paying attention. Guess Rosa and I looked at it as reliving our younger days a bit.

Again, sure wish we could have shared a few drinks and laughs with you and Kelli. Glad you two had another memorable vacation in paradise.
    Thanks, Ron. It sounds like you had an amazing time as well. I think the wedding parties I mentioned all showed up the day before and the day after we arrived. No big deal. It didn't impact our stay in the least.

I also wish we had had the opportunity for a drink or six. But thanks again for taking the time to say hi. Maybe next year?

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    We had the same experience at the swim-up bar in November. It also poured over into the piano bar.

Glad you had a great time. Seems like from reading Ron's review that you guys ended up with a lot of red flag days. That's a bummer.

Now back to CN. Whoo Hoo!
    Nope. There was a red flag on our first day. But by the time we got to our room, unpacked a little, and got some lunch, we probably wouldn't have gone over anyway. Day two was windy and sprinkled off and on, but we still went over to the island and spent the entire day. The rest of the week was perfect!

CN? Um... We're actually changing to go back to CTI again. It is definitely our home.
    Last edited by BruceandKelli; April 27th, 2010 at 09:21 AM.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Sorry Bruce ~ I thought you were headed back to CN. Glad you have found your 'home'. We are still struggling between CSS & CN to find our home. Just have to go to both of them. Ahh shucks!

Glad to hear about the red flag. That is great news!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post

CN? Um... We're actually changing to go back to CTI again. It is definitely our home.
    As they say, once you go, you know! Some people get it, some don't, but that's okay.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Sorry Bruce ~ I thought you were headed back to CN.
    Oh, we were booked for CN next year. But we've fallen in love with CTI so much, I called yesterday and changed our reservation to go back.

And to think we were so reluctant to try it last year...

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!