Default Should I be concerned?

Hi all. I am just wondering how concerned I should be that the forecast calls for rain/storms next week when we are scheduled to arrive at CTI...

Our wedding is next Saturday and it would suck if it was rainy!

I know in most tropical locations it is not uncommon for it to rain a little every day or so. I'm just starting to worry a little.

Thanks!

No worries!!! And besides isnt it good luck if it rains on your wedding day.

Don't worry about it. You can't control the weather anyway. The first (and second) time we went to Jamaica we looked at the weather forecast and thought we would be sitting in the room all week because of rain. I think the first year it rained once. You can literally see the rain is coming down in the mountains behind you, yet never get a drop out on the beach. We leave tomorrow for CTI and I'm not worried about it. Even when it does rain, most of the time its late in the afternoon or early evening and doesn't last long.

And its true that rain on your wedding day is good luck. It rained on our wedding day (May 8th 1999) and we haven't killed each other yet! Congrats on the wedding and we'll now share an anniversary! Maybe we'll see you at CTI!

dandw

You will find tropical showers popping up almost every day around noon and they normally do not last long.

FYI

It is good luck in Jamaica to have a little rain fall on you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiBdp...eature=channel

Quote Originally Posted by Sandan View Post
    Don't worry about it. You can't control the weather anyway. The first (and second) time we went to Jamaica we looked at the weather forecast and thought we would be sitting in the room all week because of rain. I think the first year it rained once. You can literally see the rain is coming down in the mountains behind you, yet never get a drop out on the beach. We leave tomorrow for CTI and I'm not worried about it. Even when it does rain, most of the time its late in the afternoon or early evening and doesn't last long.

And its true that rain on your wedding day is good luck. It rained on our wedding day (May 8th 1999) and we haven't killed each other yet! Congrats on the wedding and we'll now share an anniversary! Maybe we'll see you at CTI!
    We were married say day and year as yall, crazy if you got married at 5pm CST..

We had rain predicted last year for every day. And it did rain every day or rather every night during the night while we were sleeping.
    Vicky

We are also going next week, but to CSA. We are getting married on Wednesday, in the morning. I am confident its just gonna rain in the afternoons, and we will spend our mornings on the beach. Who knows, naybe this rain will bring us a Jamaican baby.

Don't worry about the rain! Jamaica has been under drought conditions for a long period of time. What you typically see forecasted is tropical showers that will pop up almost daily around noon. Head for lunch and most times by the time you are thru lunch so is the shower.

April 2010 was the first time we experienced a tropical shower that lasted over 15 minutes and it was liquid gold for the area.

If it happens to rain on your wedding be proud that you got blessed with Jamaican good luck.

Couples Negril falling rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiBdph2KXb8