Default Was your first time to Couples 30 years ago or more?

We arrived on our honeymoon at CTI (COR) September 14, 1980. Even back then Couples' Management and Staff were top notch and is still our favorite home away from home. We have been back many times since and love it all the more. So much that we are going back again this September (30th Anniversary) and already booked for September of 2011.

Just curious if anyone of the Couples' family went to Couples at least 30-32 years ago (opened in 1978).

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks
    Paul and Debbie

Default 30 years for us too!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 30 year anniversary at CSA this coming August, as our anniversary is Sept. 14. We honeymooned in Jamaica, but not at a Couples resort. We stayed at Hedonism. Took us 25 years to get back, but we've been returning every year since. We stayed at CN twice, and 3 times CSA. So looking forward to August!
    Pat and Fred - Jackson, NJ

Sorry.....not 30-32 years ago,more like 27 years.We honeymooned at COR in 1983 and didn't return until 2007.We were amazed at how its beauty had grown and quiet charm remained so bright.

We've been back now every year and will hopefully continue to do so,as long as the "gods" continue to smile on us!!

It is one of those treasures that we feel very lucky to have stumbled upon,along with sooooo many amazing people we have been fortunate enough to meet each year.

Our friendships grow stronger and the common thread.........our LOVE of everything Jamaica......grows stronger as well,

We just got back from TI on the 23rd of April and are planning our return trip for 2011.

We were there 42 years ago. Not a "Couples" resort then, but "Tower Isle" and run by the same family with the same outstanding service. Been coming back since 2005 and wouldn't consider going anyplace else. Can't wait until July!

Ron & Jean Jolliffe

Yes, we were there in April 1980 for our honeymoon! As I posted previously, at that time they would have free cigarette's at the bar! My how times have changed! We went back to COR twice since, with this past January being the latest. But we have also been to CN about 5 other times...love the beach there!

Quote Originally Posted by Justdiane View Post
    Sorry.....not 30-32 years ago,more like 27 years.We honeymooned at COR in 1983 and didn't return until 2007.We were amazed at how its beauty had grown and quiet charm remained so bright.
    Are you in this photo? August 1983:

Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We first went to Couples in 1981 and fell in love with the place. We just returned from trip #43. My husband and I are lucky enough to be able to reach this point. Can't ever imagine not going back. We now split our trips between CTI and CN even though CTI is home.

Hi Beth - GREAT seeing you and Jay again !! Jay, T.Y. for the Lox!!!
    Lucky Lucky - 43 times....
    We hope to get there - 24 and counting.....
    P.S. Not 30 years ago, BUT 26 years ago.... almost...
    Art xo Francine

Not quite as long but 1990, just a little of 20 years ago.Got a chuckle over the free cigarettes at the bar, in fact I still have a match book from that trip, one the logo was the lions. In fact I still prefer that logo

Jim and Rita

We stayed at CSA when it was just SA, not as long as 30 years ago though!

Seems to me that 30 years ago, there was only a single "Couples" resort. In fact, only two of the current properties existed back then. Couples Negril was originally built from the ground up as a Couples property (the only one that can claim this) in 1993-94(?).

Since then, all four current properties have been brought under the "Couples" logo and umbrella by Mr. Issa.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"