Default Booking a split trip for the first time CSS/CN

We are CN lovers but we've wanted to mix things up a little so we are booking 3 nights at CSS and 5 nights at CN. So all you CSS fans, can you tell us all the must do's to maximize our 3 nights there. We will be on Sunset Beach for sure but other than that what restaurants are the best, activities, etc. Thanks!!!

I'll leave restaurant and food ideas to everyone else but my favorite thing that we did at CSS was just to take a few hours to walk the grounds! We went and explored every little nook, cranny, and staircase, took our towels with us and dipped in the pools, explored the tiny beach over by the spa, watched the fish swim in the waterfall pool, dipped our feet in the cold grotto waters, grabbed a smoothie (or two or three) every time we passed the smoothie bar, and generally had a blast!!! It was beautiful, romantic way to experience CSS, strolling lazily around the grounds together, and I would highly highly recommend anyone going to CSS do something like this!

also, activity-wise... If you're CN lovers then maybe you haven't been to the ocho rios side yet and if you haven't you should go on the Dunn's River Falls excursion. It's a blast!

Have a ton of fun!

Linda you have picked the perfect split. We too are CN lovers and this past year tried CSS. We now love both resorts.

The one suggestion I have is to spend one afternoon exploring the entire resort. Take a dip in all the pools and a soak in all the hot tubs. Along the way grab a drink from all of the bars. It seems like a silly thing to do, but we really enjoyed our afternoon when we did this. Plus you get to see the entire resort. Remember to take a stroll around the lake.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I forgot to mention that there are bikes available to ride around the lake.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Definitely try Dunn's River Falls if you haven't before, it is included free with your stay and is a neat experience. Take along a water proof camera and water shoes, water shoes are required and if you don't have your own, you can rent or buy some but are not cheap...

Yep we too are CN lovers (06,07) and decided to try CSS, get ready to fall in love all over again with this resort for entirely different reasons!

I can't agree with Asylinn & Juli more on taking a day to just stroll the grounds, go into each and every pool, and hot tub, stopping at every bar. Dip into the Mineral Grotto, go out to the beach near the grotto.

If time allows, do a massage at CSS up on the cliffs, The location is outstanding, and their staff top notch.

Dunns is another must do, it is only a couple hours, (not all day) but well worth the experience.

Which days are you there? The Beach Party at CSS is Tues night, the Repeaters dinner is Thurs night, and the Gala of course is Friday night.
    Having said that, the restaurants are all special in their own way. Casanvoa is CSS's Othaheite, and is wonderful. Palazzina has a wonderful Pasta station every night and Tues at lunch. Their menu changes. Bella Vista changes over from the Beach Grill at night and is near the beach under the stars. (Similar to Heliconia).

CSS really is all about it's beautiful lush tropical grounds. Don't miss a sunset at SSB with the Sax player in the background.

You cannot help but love CSS.

Happy Travels,
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Linda you have picked the perfect split. We too are CN lovers and this past year tried CSS. We now love both resorts.

The one suggestion I have is to spend one afternoon exploring the entire resort. Take a dip in all the pools and a soak in all the hot tubs. Along the way grab a drink from all of the bars. It seems like a silly thing to do, but we really enjoyed our afternoon when we did this. Plus you get to see the entire resort. Remember to take a stroll around the lake.
    Hey Juli!!! We met you and Scott I think is your husband, right, two years ago at CN. We are Neal and Lindsey, we got married there.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we are really getting excited for this trip. We ended up going back to CN last year for our 1 year anniversary. Missed Kathy and Tom and the rest of the gang by a couple weeks I think.

How have you been?

Lindz,
    We were at CN when you (and Coloradojulie) were there in '08 and I remember how much you enjoyed the AN area (even got a picture of you with the band on the AN beach). Just wait till you get to SSB - you will wish you booked the full 8 nights at CSS.

We went to CSS after 5 years in a row at CN and are completely hooked - SSB does not even comapare to the AN area at CN. You are absolutely gong to love it, they even serve lunch daily so there is absolutely no reason to leave until the sun goes down. We never mad it off SSB each day until after 6 remaining AN for several of the sunsets with a huge group of AN lovers.

I also highly suggest booking rooms on the cliff vs the beach only because the "nightlife" is up there as is the Balloon Bar.

We didn't do anything but go to the beach every day and skipped Dunns River Falls as well as every other freebie thing to do but still had a fantastic time. I just cannot say enough about SSB - it was a blast!
    ... it keepsh me shane

Lindz ~YES! I remember you! Didn't we have a blast? I agree with Rose. You will love SSB. It is fabulous. The only thing we didn't like about it, is that the river flows right into the ocean by the beach and the water is rather cool and there are lots of rocks as you enter the ocean. But we did take our snorkel gear out a few days and enjoy the ocean life.

The pool is really cool. There is a great waterfall that you can lay on a floatie and let it pound on your back. It is like getting a water massage. Just fabulous. There are also seats in the pool that are wonderful for lounging on and enjoying the sunshine and conversation.

The food they bring over during the day is also really good, plus there is a cook there ready to make a burger, patty, fries that sort of food for you.

As for me....I've had a rough 6 months. I had surgery when we got back from CTI/CSS last November and ended up developing a blood clot the entire length of my left leg. Nearly lost the leg and ended up in the hospital 3 times. I am on the mend and doing much better. Still dealing with a lot of pain, but it is getting better. I managed to lose my job because of being unable to work so I'm not sure if we will make it to Couples this year, but I'm trying hard to save what I can and see what I can do.

When are you going to CSS? It would be great to see you again.

Speaking of Rose's picture, I also have one of you listening to the band, but Rosa is also in the picture. lol That was a great day. So much fun. Hot...Hot...Hot!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Juli and Rose, you'll both need to send me this pic, we hardly got any from the AN beach and I would love to reminiscence those heavenly days at CN. Here is my email: lcourter24@hotmail.com. That was so much fun! We went back last Dec for our anniversary and had an awesome time as well. You really can't go wrong with Couples AN experience in my opinion. That's why we are looking so forward to CSS.

Juli we are booked to be in CSS 11/29-12/2 and CN 12/2-12/7. Hope we can see some familiar bottoms...I mean faces!

Lindsey ~ I sent you pictures. Let me know if you don't get them. I looked and don't have any other pictures of you guys in them. I do have lots from that trip so let me know if you want some of just the resort.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Lindsey ~ I sent you pictures. Let me know if you don't get them. I looked and don't have any other pictures of you guys in them. I do have lots from that trip so let me know if you want some of just the resort.
    Hey Juli! I got the one picture, thanks. Did you say you had more?

I looked at the pictures and didn't realize that the other two are videos so they don't work with email. They are too big. So the one I sent you is the only one I have. Sorry.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

To those who've been to both CSS sunset beach & to CN au nat beach, can you please help me to understand the difference in the beach areas, water, & if there's a "gawkers' factor" at CN? Thanks for your input ~ making our selection in the next couple days.