Default CTI Memories That Make Me Smile

So we returned back to reality last Friday. I've already worked 52 hours or so this week, and am back here at 6:00 a.m. on a cool, rainy Saturday. I have the post-Jamaica blues BAD! So I'm sitting here reminiscing, trying to chase away the funk, and thought I'd share some more random happy thoughts.

I ran out of coffee at breakfast one morning. I stood up to go get more, took two steps, and Duedrops politely told me to sit back down and she would bring it to me. She did the same thing on my second attempt. I didn't try it a third time...

I loved the crab cakes at CTI on our first trip, so I was excited to see them on the menu at 8 Rivers this year. Kelli commented to Kourtney, our waiter, about how much I liked them them last year. He brought me a double order.

My dessert at the Verandah one night this year was served with the most delicious coffee ice cream I've ever had. After finishing, I asked if I could get a dish of just ice cream. Our waiter was a traineee, I think, and was happy to fulfill my request. He brought three large scoops on a fancy plate with a sprig of mint, even though I would have happily eaten it out of a coffee cup.

I asked a simple request of Venque one night. When he agreed, I must have looked surprised because he smiled at me and said, "Bruce. Did you really think I'd say 'no?'"

At the repeaters dinner this year, all Leonard Henry could talk about was the staff. (And rightfully so.) He couldn't say enough good things about his team of "278 1/2" individuals. When I asked him about the 1/2 person the next day, he just laughed and said they didn't know who the 1/2 person was, but they were still looking for him/her...

These are the things that make me smile. That make the 51 weeks of work worthwhile. That have twice now made me change our future booking so that we could return to CTI.

356 more days...

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Up until last October, we couldn't imagine that we could ever love a place more than CSA.... I gotta tell you, though CTI got into my blood, too, and a big part of that was the staff.

Thanks for sharing. These brought such a HUGE smile to my face.

I know what you mean. We have just under 60 for 2010 trip so I guess that means about 420 until 2011 (yes, Michael has that booked) But right now, I am just trying to finish out the school year and we begin 3 weeks of testing tomorrow.
    Vicky

Beautifully written Bruce, your words just transported me back to my incredible week there as well, especially when you talked about the crab cakes at 8 Rivers. If you recall in my review, we dined there twice, and it just so happens that those tasty little crab cakes were the only food that we repeated for both dinners.

I'm glad you mentioned what Mr. Henry said regarding the staff (even that half member ), because this confirms what I pointed out in my review, in that the staff-guest ratio had to be high because every time we turned around, it seemed as if there was somebody from his team, either asking if all was well or if we needed anything.

No doubt CTI knows how to treat its guests. That is one incredible resort.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Well, I am very pleased that u both enjoyed your trip. I can't wait to come "home" for the first time 09/2011 to CTI. We have a very long wait but, I am still excited non the less. I here the food at the resort is just fabulous. I have been to Ocho Rios but, we were on a cruise. We did stop to eat and the food was to die for. I just hope that my husband have a nice time since he has never been to Jamaica. I was with my mother.

LOVE IT !!! It's the memories of our time in Paradise that get us thru the day-to-day routine!
    Art xo Francine