Default transfer between couples resorts?

Our next trip is going to be a split trip. We are curious about the transfer between the resorts. Are there set times that they do the transfers or do we set up a time based on a convenient time for us?
    Is this set up when you arrive, a few days before?
    Any other advice based on experiences would be great.
    Thanks
    Iriesue

There are no set times to transfer your from resort to resort. Usually when transportation passes by to drop off guests the front desk will arrange for them to take you.
    You could check a few days in advance

Quote Originally Posted by iriesue View Post
    Our next trip is going to be a split trip. We are curious about the transfer between the resorts. Are there set times that they do the transfers or do we set up a time based on a convenient time for us?
    Is this set up when you arrive, a few days before?
    Any other advice based on experiences would be great.
    Thanks
    Iriesue
    If you're talking about transferring between resorts, but sticking in the same area, ie, going from CSS to CTI in OR or CN to CSA in Negril, then it's really no biggie. In both regions the respective sister resorts are very close to one other, literally just a 3-5 minute ride between them. So getting a transfer should be easy and there will be numerous opportunities for departure.

Now if you're talking about splitting time between OR and Negril, this is a horse of a different color. It's a pretty long ride between the two regions, so if your split trip involves both of those, then you may want to consider what I've dubbed the Wally Transfer (btw Wally, you should trademark that transfer name ), which involves leaving one resort quite early, ie at 6:15am, which I believe is the earliest they will do this, so that it will assure you of a non-stop ride to the other destination. In other words, let's say you took off at 9:00am instead. There's a good possibility the van will make an airport stop to pick up other passengers destined for the same resort as you, being that Mobay lies between OR and Negril.

By leaving so early, you pretty much guarantee no stopping at the airport, not to mention a faster drive in general, as there will undobutedly be less traffic on the roads at that time as well, altho if the transfer takes place during the week, you're likely to run into rush hour type of traffic regardless.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Default Going from CSS to CN on a Saturday

In regards to the "Wally" transfer leaving early in the morning, what do you do about room availability? Did you have to wait until 3 or 4 to get your room.
    We would like to be able to check in shortly after our arrival and not have to carry around some stuff (anything of value) until we can get our room.
    Thanks
    IrieSue

In regards to the "Wally" transfer leaving early in the morning, what do you do about room availability? Did you have to wait until 3 or 4 to get your room.
    We would like to be able to check in shortly after our arrival and not have to carry around some stuff (anything of value) until we can get our room.
    Thanks
    IrieSue
    Well you do run the risk of not having your room available when you arrive that early. And to me that's more than understandable. How many places, especially a resort that's booked to near capacity, is going to have a room ready at 8:30/9:00 in the morning? Ours wasn't ready and we fully expected this, which is why we were dressed in our beachwear. They held our bags for us during this period. In the interim, we walked the grounds, took a stroll down the beach, then headed to the pool bar once that opened. After an hour or so there, our room was ready, which was well before noon. Worked out great for us.

The only suggestion I'd make is make sure the front desk can also get you fixed up with a couple of beach towels before you head out to the water, unless your transfer is taking you to CTI, where they don't have any towel restrictions and you can just grab what you need. We almost learned the hard way at CN. The guy at the beach hut at first wouldn't give us any towels because we couldn't give him a room#, being ours had not been assigned yet. CN has a towel trade policy - first time set of beach towels, you provide a room#, then from that point on you have to hand in the old towels for fresh ones or else your room could get charged. We gave him our names and stuff and assured him he could check with the front desk to confirm our info, then he finally handed us a couple of them. Not blaming him at all for doing his job, but it was an eye opener, so please take my suggestion if you decide to do the Wally transfer.
    Ron

Thank you. We don't mind waiting a few hours. Last time at CSS our room was not available until 4:00. That is what we are concerned about.

Thanks for the heads up on the towels.

Thank you. We don't mind waiting a few hours. Last time at CSS our room was not available until 4:00. That is what we are concerned about.

Thanks for the heads up on the towels.
    No problem. And I probably should have offered one additional bit of advice with my previous response, so I'll throw it in here. As you would probably expect, the chances of getting a room as early as possible would be increased if your transfer takes place on the weekend, with Saturday likely being the best day of all. This is because the turnover rate should be highest on those two days. With more people leaving and you arriving earlier than the rest of the crowd (the Wally Transfer), it should be pretty easy getting a room earlier rather than later. I suspect it's why our room was ready by noon. We beat the madding crowd.

So in the event you have not yet booked your trip, you may want to factor all this in before making a decision.
    Ron