Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Thanks

This thread got quite a few responses but they seem to differ a little. Some say yes they sound ok and others say the back must also be closed. The reason I asked the question to begin with is that in the FAQ it says that "Dress sandals are allowed". What is a dress sandal? Is this a dress sandal? Or what about these? Mine are more like the second pair so if those dont work I guess I'll have to bring my heavy, make my feet sweat, wear to work everyday dress shoes. Thanks again, this board has been a huge help getting us ready for our first vacation/our honeymoon.

4 days until the wedding!
    6 days until the honeymoon!

I just rechecked the dress codes for the reservation restaurants at each of the resorts. It seems that only Feathers still has the closed shoes/dress shoe requirement for men. The rest only say no jeans,sneakers,flip flops or shorts. Maybe Randymon can clear this up. Is Feathers the only restaurant that still has the stricter dress code, or did they just miss updating the info on the Swept Away dining page? This may help clear up the confusion on whats allowed and not allowed.

I don't know if I would say flip flops cannot be dressy for women. I have some pretty dressy ones. There were a few other ladies at Feathers who wore some similar to mine when we were there a few weeks ago. Maybe it depends on what you consider a flip flop or sandal. To me if it is the thong style sandal it is a flip flop. Some people might only think of the rubbery beach type sandals when referring to a flip flop though.

Quote Originally Posted by MichMan View Post
    This thread got quite a few responses but they seem to differ a little. Some say yes they sound ok and others say the back must also be closed. The reason I asked the question to begin with is that in the FAQ it says that "Dress sandals are allowed". What is a dress sandal? Is this a dress sandal? Or what about these? Mine are more like the second pair so if those dont work I guess I'll have to bring my heavy, make my feet sweat, wear to work everyday dress shoes. Thanks again, this board has been a huge help getting us ready for our first vacation/our honeymoon.

I just realized that I could click your words this and this to see the shoes. I didn't see that before. I would think they would be fine. I have seen them at the dressy restaurants at CTI.My hubby takes a pair of topsider type boat shoes.

4 days until the wedding!
    6 days until the honeymoon!
    Congrats and good luck.
    Vicky

"This thread got quite a few responses but they seem to differ a little."

Because these are all opinions, and you know what they say....
    Go by the Resort standards and you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post
    "This thread got quite a few responses but they seem to differ a little."

Because these are all opinions, and you know what they say....
    Go by the Resort standards and you will be fine
    It's because a man asked if the shoes were ok for him and women are answering that they wear open toed shoes. The standards are different for men and women. I don't think everyone realized we were talking about shoes for men.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    It's because a man asked if the shoes were ok for him and women are answering that they wear open toed shoes. The standards are different for men and women. I don't think everyone realized we were talking about shoes for men.
    I think most people know that Michman is a man...lol
    It's because some people like to stretch the rules and wear what they want and some just follow the protocol.

I think most people know that Michman is a man...lol
    It's because some people like to stretch the rules and wear what they want and some just follow the protocol.
    I don't think everyone looked at his username. Read what some women wrote, they obviously thought we were talking about shoes for women. One even said it was a lot of ask of a women to make them wear closed toed shoes in the Caribbean. Sure some like to stretch the rules but a lot of the responses here were not a case like that.

To once again revive an old running joke on this board:

Name:  Crocs.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  10.5 KB

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

The original questions was "I was wondering if these would be ok to wear with khakis to the formal restaurants at CSA?"

I don't find that too confusing....obviously a man

Default funnnnnny

Mr.Spiff I am still laughing at that pic. However comfortable they may be, that would be a NOOOOOO. I needed that stress reliever. I have been so caught up with details that I forget the purpose of vacation. Thanks

The original questions was "I was wondering if these would be ok to wear with khakis to the formal restaurants at CSA?"

I don't find that too confusing....obviously a man
    It was obvious to me too but some of the responses are obviously women who didn't realize we were talking about a man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2