Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Closed toed leather sandals ok?

I was wondering if these would be ok to wear with khakis to the formal restaurants at CSA?

Only 9 more days and its our first time so I really want to make sure we get this right!

Hubby had them & we had no probs.
    Have fun! We are scheduled to go in Aug to CSS for our anniv 16th

Yes, I do. I have a pair of nice Born closed toed sandals, they look really nice.

I have worn that combination many times in the past. You should be fine.

you will be fine I wore open toe sandals to feathers and lemon grass

That will be just fine.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Sandals at Feathers

The simple answer is actually no. I was very surprised, when I showed a girl that worked at Feathers, the dress closed toe leather sandals (new) that I was wearing and she told me that they were unacceptable besause my heels would show. You have to bring actual dress shoes. There is no solution other than this.
    It seems really dumb, but them's the rules apparently. If it is a big deal, then just don't bother with Feathers. I wore them at all of the others except Lemongrass and I didn't ask at Lemongrass.
    The other restaurants are all fine and sufficiently classy, that skipping Feathers is not that big of a loss in my opinion.

The dress code states "closed toed shoes" "dress shoes".

Use your own judgement on whether you call them "DRESS SHOES".

While I sincerely doubt that staff or management would refuse you service, it becomes a matter of how far people want to push the limits of dress attire.

Ask yourself if you would consider them suitable for formal wear.

All my shoes are open toed. Does this mean I won't be allowed into the formal restaurant. I mean, come on, its Jamaica!

As long as they are closed toed they sound OK

Nope.

If they are truly "closed toed" they are probably alright.

There was a guy with flip flops, cargo shorts and a Hawaiian shirt in one last week so I would say it's probably ok.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    There was a guy with flip flops, cargo shorts and a Hawaiian shirt in one last week so I would say it's probably ok.
    It isn't at the formal offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    It isn't at the formal offerings.
    The man I was talking about wore the same outfit to Feathers and the repeaters dinner. Not sure what the dress code is for that dinner but everyone else was very dressed up.

In this thread I see a lot of women saying yes, they wear them all the time. I believe the shoe requirement is only for men. Every woman I saw there had an open toed sandal of some sort but that is ok as long as it is semi-formal.

as a newbie and someone who has never been to couples i would love to get some straight answers on a few q's
    The boards seem to have a disproportionate amount of post around dress code. Yet the FAQ seems to clearly state dress code.
    If there is a clear FAQ why are there so many conflicting posts about dress code.? int he above thread alone there are 180 degree comments on the same topic so what is true and what is not
    What is the penalty if for some reason you are in violation of the stated dress code? I have to assume you would simply be turned away and left to eat somewhere else is this the case ? or is there some public flogging the next morning . I know i would hate ot see my picture next to the daily activities as the dress code violator ( think old school post office wanted picture)
    any help on this simple yet as per boards very complex issue

When we were there last year they did send a man away to change. He left and came back with something else on so yes it is enforced! Worse case if you are told no then oh well go to one of the other resturants and eat. You wont go hungry. It is ONLY feathers that has this severe dress code. Other resturants nice cargo and nice sandals are fine.We enjoyed our meal there, but it didnt make or break our trip. The food was great at each place we ate!

We have been to Couples 5 times. My husband has a pair of closed toe sandals with the back also enclosed. He has never been asked to change.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

maywillcomehard

They all have a common statement>>>> Resort Attire-Jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted

There is a dress code and with all due respect to the resort I don't think it is a big thing for us, the guests, to comply with their request. Sure you will find some that push the limits but there is a dress code.

CSA Lemon Grass --

An authentic a la carte Thai Dining Experience overlooking the main pool and the Caribbean shores while dining under the stars.

Reservations required.
    Dress code casual elegance, no flip-flops or beach slippers.
    Daily 6:30pm- 9:00pm, closed Fridays

CN Otaheite Restaurant

Reservations are required for this chic restaurant, where you can encounter all the spices, flavor and fusion of fine Jamaican and Caribbean fare.

Required Dress Code - [Resort attire -- jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted.]

Daily 6:15pm – 8:45pm. Closed Mondays.

CSS Ristorante Casanova

Dress code is resort attire (Jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted]
    Reservations required, call guest services desk upon arrival
    Daily from 6:30pm to 9:30pm, closed Tuesdays and Fridays

CTI 8 RIVERS

A recreation of the glamorous 1950’s era serving classic food while incorporating local Jamaican and Caribbean ingredients. Make sure to request reservations at guest services upon arrival to the hotel.
    Required Dress Code - [Resort Attire-Jeans, sneakers, flip flops and shorts are not permitted]
    Open 6:15PM to 9:00 PM and closed Mondays

I have been going to Couples for a long time and have always wore open toes heals to the formal restaurants. I agree with Melody that it is moer enforced with men than women. Aa long as the women are on dress shoes and and not a form or flip flop then I don't see it being a problem. My shoes were actually open in the front and back. I think it is acking a lot to require women to wear that sort of closed shoe a summer dress in the carribean. I think it is more of a judgement call.

Quote Originally Posted by yookster View Post
    I have been going to Couples for a long time and have always wore open toes heals to the formal restaurants. I agree with Melody that it is moer enforced with men than women. Aa long as the women are on dress shoes and and not a form or flip flop then I don't see it being a problem. My shoes were actually open in the front and back. I think it is acking a lot to require women to wear that sort of closed shoe a summer dress in the carribean. I think it is more of a judgement call.
    Nobody is asking women to wear a closed shoe in the Caribbean

The closed toed shoes guildelines are for MEN only, not women.
    Last edited by WandA; May 4th, 2010 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post

The closed toed shoes guildelines are for MEN only, not women
    That being said, flip flops for women are not dress sandals.

Not sure what the big deal is to dress up. Heck if you visited a 5 star resort in FL you couldn't walk through the lobby in your swimwear. If you belong to a country club, you have to follow a dress coke on the golf course.
    Vicky

Men only has to adhear to the shoe dress code, the women are alowed to wera open toe shoe and or sandals as long as they are semi formal no flip flops or chanklas.

Default Thanks

This thread got quite a few responses but they seem to differ a little. Some say yes they sound ok and others say the back must also be closed. The reason I asked the question to begin with is that in the FAQ it says that "Dress sandals are allowed". What is a dress sandal? Is this a dress sandal? Or what about these? Mine are more like the second pair so if those dont work I guess I'll have to bring my heavy, make my feet sweat, wear to work everyday dress shoes. Thanks again, this board has been a huge help getting us ready for our first vacation/our honeymoon.

4 days until the wedding!
    6 days until the honeymoon!

I just rechecked the dress codes for the reservation restaurants at each of the resorts. It seems that only Feathers still has the closed shoes/dress shoe requirement for men. The rest only say no jeans,sneakers,flip flops or shorts. Maybe Randymon can clear this up. Is Feathers the only restaurant that still has the stricter dress code, or did they just miss updating the info on the Swept Away dining page? This may help clear up the confusion on whats allowed and not allowed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast