Thread: Vow renewal

Default Vow renewal

My husband and I will be at couples sans souci in july for our 10th anniversary and have been thinking about renewing our vows.

I have a few questions...

If we were to use the resort photographer how many days would we have to have the ceremony before we leave for the photos to be ready? Our anniversary is july 7th but we leave on the 9th so Im worried that wont leave enough time.

Also would it be tacky if I was to wear a wedding dress for the ceremony? Our original wedding was very small and simple and I didnt even wear a real wedding dress, so I was thinking of buying one for this.

I say you can wear a pink tutu if you want. It's your vow renewal! We did a renewal on Thursday and picked up the photos on Monday. I am not 100% sure on this but I believe they will mail the photos if you have already left. Contact the wedding coordinator on that, I am sure she can get you all the details on this.

Definitely get the wedding dress of your dreams! I was always hoping on our 25th anniversary we would repeat our vows on the beach and I would be able to fit into my wedding dress and wear the same one.....however.....I was pretty tiny back then and the dress did not fit and on a down note my husband passed away just before we were able to arrange it. So enjoy your life while you can. ..and buy yourself the most beautiful dress of your dreams.
    Good luck!

I say wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing. It is a special day for you and yours. Enjoy it in whatever you like. When we renewed our vows I wore a beachy type wedding dress and i enjoyed it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfFImIM6N7E
    I don't know about the resort photographer because we didnt use them but I have read that the turn around can be quick.

My husband and I renewed our vows Dec 2008 at CSA, I wore a white dress as our first wedding was not the beach wedding I wanted. So I made the vow renewal the wedding I always wanted. here is the link
    http://picasaweb.google.com/trhops/J...Renewal122008#

Thanks everyone, decided to go for the wedding dress Ill attach pics of it to this post (the only difference is i opted not to go for the modesty panel where it laces up, i figure its air conditioning)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Donna&Jason View Post
    I say wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing. It is a special day for you and yours. Enjoy it in whatever you like. When we renewed our vows I wore a beachy type wedding dress and i enjoyed it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfFImIM6N7E
    I don't know about the resort photographer because we didnt use them but I have read that the turn around can be quick.
    Hello Donna!
    I agree with you completely! My husband and I are at CSS in late August 2010 to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. We are considering renewing our vows and after seeing your wonderful photos, I am very excited about planning this special occasion. Thank you for sharing your special moments with all of us in the Couples family. You both look so happy and absolutely amazing - and married 35 years - hard to believe!
    All the best in the years ahead!
    Kelly