Thread: Groom's attire

Default Groom's attire

What is your groom wearing for the wedding? My fiance wants to wear tan linen pants but I'm wondering if he will look too casual next to my wedding gown. (here's the link if you want to see it) http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/w...=6109351&sort=

I was thinking maybe khakis and a white button-up shirt? I originally wanted a khaki suit but we haven't been able to find one that we can afford.

Tan or khaki colored suit with a nice shirt.

Default My groom

Hi,

My groom is wearing a canteloupe colored cuban shirt with white drawstring pants. I am wearing a simple wedding dress and I think it wil work out fine.

I have seen so many different combinations that I think anything goes. It's your day...do whatever!

We have picked out tan linen pants, drawstring and a short sleeved collarless button up shirt for him and I'm wearing a dress similar to yours, but it is a halter with a lace insert in the train and silver trim on the halter. ($99.00 on the rack, except I added the lace on the train)

This is our second marriage each, so we are probably more lax than others. We both feel very comfortable in what we are wearing and that was what mattered to us. To the outside world, I'm sure my dress looks a lot more "dressy" than his attire, but that is "us". He's the plain silver band and I'm the dress it up with diamonds girl.

That is a beautiful dress. Good luck on your upcoming marriage

Thank you so much Apprentice! I really liked it and it's not as heavy as some of the other dresses I tried on. I think we are going to go with khaki's and a white shirt and then he's going to change into linen pants before we take everyone out to dinner (I'm changing into a shorter dinner dress as well). I can't wait!

amymarieky,
    What kind of shorter dress are you wearing? I have been looking for something similar, but I'm only finding "cocktail" dresses or church dresses. One's too dressy and the other not at all what I'm looking for.????

I found my dress at Nordstroms.com. They have really nice dresses from on the beach, to walking down the aisle. Also they are very reasonable. I also found serveral on craigslist.com, new never woren. Good luck, and congratulations

We ordered his suit from an online company. Several other destination brides from another forum I'm on used the company and gave it good reviews.

www.studiosuits.com

They have custom made linen suits for $99. It sounds too good to be true but the reviews I've seen have been good and I just got the shipping confirmation for the one we ordered so I'll know in a few days.