Default Body type at CSS? Should I be concerned?

Hi all. My wife and I are going to Couples CSS for the first time in August. You always see commercials for resorts and vacations on tv with people with flat stomachs (6 packs) and well built. Well, I am just an average guy with a little bit of a stomach. Not fat, but a little self conscious. Am I going to be out of place, and should I either cancel, or leave a shirt on at all times as not to scare anyone? Does everyone that goes to these type of places always look like models? Am I going to be laughed off the beach? (5'11", 225 pounds, male) Let me know and please be honest either way. Thanks for answering. Yes I am going to a gym to try and prepare.

The only person that cares what you look like at Couples is your SO.

Ha ha! NO. You won't be laughed off the beach. Here's how to get a good idea of what you'll see. Go to the mall or the grocery store and look around. See all those people? That is what you'll see on your trip to CSS. You will see some people that are built really well, some that even have flat stomachs and maybe even a 6 pack, and you'll see chubby people, flabby people, and in-between people. You'll see couples who are a mix of both...one thin, one fat. Everything you can imagine, you will see. No worries!!!

About the only thing anyone will ever giggle at is the random sunburn patterns if you forget to be very thorough with sunscreen! Other than that, nobody gives a d@mn what you look like - as long as you're having fun!

BillyD:

Just come as you are. We saw all body types at SSB on our visit in July 2009. We are going back this July. We are working out too. But, still have a long ways to go...all bodies are welcome...

Bilkat

BillyD ~ You will be fine. We've been to Couples 7 times and I've only seen 1 model couple in all those times. You will fit in perfectly. My hubby is 5'7" and weighs 170 pounds with a rather large gut (looks 7 months pregnant) and he runs around without a shirt on all day long. Shoot, he runs around on the nude beach without anything on.

No need to be concerned. Go and have a wonderful time.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

No problem, mon - Couples isn't South Beach Miami!! You will see all body shapes in all styles of bathing suit. Average shaped people are the norm, not the exception.

no! you'll be fine, trust me.

we saw a few model-type people while at CSS recently but mostly everyone was average size or bigger. Not a problem and you won't be laughed off the beach! everyone will be too busy concentrating on their rum drinks/significant other/naps/etc to worry about what you look like. promise.

No sweat, you will be just fine on the beach. The model types are few and far between. Most everyone is like us, I too am a bit over my ideal weight. Take off the shirt, get a tan, relax and enjoy. No one is going to be either impressed or disturbed by how you or anyone else looks.

Have a great trip!

BillyD,
    That is the exact size of the average person at the couples resorts. Ages range from 18-85. Weight ranges from 80 lbs to 300 lbs and height = if you can reach the bar, you can order a drink. You will fit in perfectly. Unless you do something to draw attention to yourself, no-one will notice you except the wonderfull staff. Go have fun and be yourself. If you want to be less noticed, go to the AN beach. That is the BEST palce to be at CSS.

You will see all ages, and all sizes and shapes at CSS, the first rule of thumb in JA, is NO WORRIES! Just be who you are and be proud of who you are. You will have a wonderful time, and any concerns you are having right now, will melt away instantly when you arrive. Same applies at the Au Natural side, all sizes, shapes and ages. No judgements, nobody cares what you look like or how much you weigh it is about who you are! You will meet some of the most incredible people on this trip!

Have a wonderful vacation!
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by BillyD. View Post
    Does everyone that goes to these type of places always look like models?
    What do you mean by "these type of places"?
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

BillyD:

Put that horrible thought of cancelling right out of your head. Once you're at a "Couples" resort all worries will melt away and this will be the last thing you think of. There are people of all sizes and shapes-along with many, many other differences that are not physical. You will meet great new friends and find your "other family".

NOT TO WORRY. You will see all body types at any of the Couples resorts. Just relax and be yourself. Definitely try to lose a few before you go because with the GREAT food at Couples you'll be sure to put a few back on. HAVE A GREAT TIME.

BillyD - you have nothing to worry about. There all shapes & sizes at Couples. My husband & I have been to COR/CTI 8 times & CSS twice... we have never seen anyone who had a perfect body... nor does anyone care.

Couples is a place of romance... not for fashion shows or beauty contests. If your honey accepts you for what you look like... then that's all that matters.

Relax!! Have a great time!!! =)

Don't worry about it. Everyone at Couples is with they're significant other and really could care less how you look. It's not a singles resort. I'm 6'4 and 250 pounds and I'm more self conscious in my pool at home than at Couples.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    What do you mean by "these type of places"?
    What I meant was "beach resorts". Thank you everyone for your prompt replies and reassurance. Now I feel better and can go relax during my trip. Thanks again!

I have been to Couples 3 times (twice CN, once CSS) and will be returning in 20 days! I have a body that resembles a 6 pack...well, if you consider a keg similar to a 6 pack! No worries, everyone is there to have a good time, doesn't matter size or shape!