Default CSA Beach Front Suite or Beach Front Veranda Suite

Hi,

We will be going to CSA in December, and I was just curious, what are the major differences between the beach front suites, and the beach front verandah suites? The only difference I can see, is that the verandah suites have a TV, which is not important to me. How about the view? Is there any difference between view, room layout, porch layout, distance to the beach, etc...?

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

No difference in view... both are ON the beach, with only the main walkway separating your building from that sugary white sand of 7-Mile Beach.

The rooms are essentially the same, except for the shutters in the older rooms, as well as the TV you noted. The buildings ARE different, however.

The original Beachfront Suites are in buildings containing four suites (two up, two down) or three suites (two up, one down, with a wraparound verandah). the newer Beachfront Verandah Suites are in buildings containing twelve suites on three floors.

Hope that helps...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

After doing more research on the board, I also found out that anything with the word verandah in it refers to the new side of the resort. Also, the BFS is a two story building, and the BFVS is a 3 story building. Is there anything else I'm missing. My main concern is that I will have a beach view from the BFS. At this point, I'm leaning toward booking the BFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No difference in view... both are ON the beach, with only the main walkway separating your building from that sugary white sand of 7-Mile Beach.

The rooms are essentially the same, except for the shutters in the older rooms, as well as the TV you noted. The buildings ARE different, however.

The original Beachfront Suites are in buildings containing four suites (two up, two down) or three suites (two up, one down, with a wraparound verandah). the newer Beachfront Verandah Suites are in buildings containing twelve suites on three floors.

Hope that helps...
    Yes, that is what I was looking for. Thank you for your reply!!

The other HUGE difference is that the BFS has 3 walls of screened windows, no glass. The BFVS does not have that so it is a lot quieter. We just stayed in BFS and unfortunately got one right by the Palms and Sea Grapes. It was LOUD! We got very frustrated with the noise and not being able to sleep. Not sure how loud it is farther away from the restaurants. Some nights we had loud noise until after 5 am and then it would start up again a few hours later. I'm still tired.

Some of the buildings have a lot of plants around them so I think the view from the lower floor would be not as good but the view from upstairs looked good on all of them. We scoped out the other rooms last week while we were there.

Hi, I have stayed in both. Everyone's different but I prefered the beachfront verandah suite. The beachfront suites have huge porches (which are nice to hang out on) but the rooms are older ,there's no tv and it just felt very musty. Plus your not guaranteed to get the ones with big porches because there are a few version of the beach front suites. The beach front verandah suites are the same room as all the verandah's except located on the beach. Both the beachfront suite and the beach front verandah suite have the same views and are literally on the beach. So I guess it personal preference, but I would go with a bottom level corner beachfront verandah suite. This way you can walk right out on the beach and the corner units have windows.

No windows in the BFS??? We've booked a BFS for our wedding/honeymoon and I'm slightly freaked - does that not mean loads of insects (I get bitten really bad!), less privacy and more noise???

Tor, they have screens with shutters over them. So no worries about bugs any more than any other room.

After having stayed in a BFS, I'd go BVS were were to spring for beachfront again. You do risk getting a BFS with no view, as we did (though they are not the norm)(2nd floor - view of trees). And a couple of the buildings are very close to the Palms. Unfortunately, due to the lack of glass on the windows, my sleep was dictated by entertainment at the Palms shutting down at 11ish and the birds starting up between 4:30 and 6am every morning. We were also treated to every conversation our downstairs neighbors, had even when in our room.

With that said, it was lovely when all of the shutters were open and you got that cross breeze. And I can totally see why this setup is appealing to people. It's all personal preference. I value my sleep and quiet too much to book one again. And I like the fact that with the BVS, you know what you will get (as the BFS actually have different room styles within that category).

We have reserved a beachfront suite for our next trip to CSA in November 2011. I didn't realize that these suites vary so much - it's concerning to think that we could find ourselves in one of the smaller ones without the wrap around balcony and view.
    I made the reservation using the love away plan and took advantage of the $500 resort credit for 2011. Is it possible for me to contact couples and ask that we change the reservation to a BFVS? All comments and suggestions are appreciated!
    Jan

The rooms with the large balcony are the exception rather than the norm because there are so few of them. Almost all of the rooms without a large balcony still have a really good view. The rooms are the same size no matter which balcony you get. We were there in April and I looked at all of them while waiting for ours to be ready. Every single one had a view at that time but it seemed as though they had just done some landscaping. Since there is so much vegetation all of the views include trees and plants as well as beach and ocean. Same goes with the BFVS. There are just too many trees for you to only see beach and ocean.