Default A Love Letter Surprise

As many of you know, I take my role as Chief Romance Officer very seriously. I am privileged to read love letters to significant others and today I was able to surprise - and I think wake up - Ed.

He and his darling wife Terri are at Couples Sans Souci. Here is his surprise from Terri.

"To be read the morning of Monday April 12, 2010 7:30ish a.m. at Couples San Souci

Good Morning Ed. This note was planned to be read to you the morning of our tenth anniversary, but instead of waking up in paradise, we shared a very un-romantic hospital room with our sick daughter.
    We were fortunate enough to return to paradise and today as we wake together in this beautiful resort I want to share a few thoughts with you.
    Originally, I thought that our wedding day was the happiest day of my life. We jetted away to a beautiful Caribbean island in November 1999 and made a life-long commitment to one another. However, after some thought, I don’t think I can actually say that any certain day has been my happiest. They all have made me quite happy. Especially the birth of our beautiful daughter Giuliana.
    OK let’s get to the point. When I mentioned to you last year that I had plans for us to renew our wedding vows in Jamaica you said to me “What makes you think I want to do that?” (chuckle). Then we were both devastated that when the time came for the renewal, we were unable to do so because we were back in cold, dreary Ohio caring for our sick child.
    When we re-booked this trip you said we really didn’t need to renew our vows as the special date came and went and that we could always wait for the next anniversary or another time. Well, you were right, but when our friend was diagnosed with cancer in January and was given less than a year to live, I decided that we shouldn’t wait. We need to celebrate our life and the love we have for one another now, while we have the chance and the time.
    And to answer your question “What makes you think I want to do that?” I know that you will agree that we have an enduring relationship, a strong marriage and a healthy family and that we are best friends. And our friendship is worthy of saying “yes” to all over again. So, will you? Marry me again? At 11:00? Today.
    Your loving wife, Terri"

I love my job!

Couples Resorts

Default Randymon

That was a very touching story since I've been through so much recently it really hit home. One Love. Kim Robinson

"like"

Bless a place that celebrates love. With all the bad news in the world, it is truly special to read this and remember that life is precious and should be honored.

All-Inclusive doesn't get any more All-Inclusive than this!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I wanna know if he said 'yes'?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thank you so much for sharing this letter.... with all the bad in the world its good to hear that a " happy " marriage is not all that hard to achieve.
    csr

Default Thank you Randy!!!! He said "yes!"

Yes, you did have the honor of waking my husband, Ed, the morning of the love letter call, but that was my intention!!!! I was actually in the living room receiving our room service breakfast when the call came in, perfect timing!

Thank you so much for doing this for us, I actually detected a tear being wiped from his eye at the end of the letter. It was wonderful!

The vow renewal ceremony, honestly, was many times better than our actual wedding ceremony at a competing resort. The wedding staff at San Souci is phenomenal and the ceremony was absolutely beautiful and was so meaningful at this stage in our lives. I actually cried and I didn't even cry on our wedding day!!!

Thank you again for such a wonderful option that is offered at Couples Resorts. I wish more people would take advantage of carefully crafting a love letter and having you, Randy, read it to their significant other as a surprise. My husband loved it! Priceless!!!

Heartwarming and wonderful! Thanks so much for posting it so that we could share that special private moment. And we send our love to the happy re-vowed couple!

As I am sitting here crying, I am wondering if my new husband, who doesn't know Randymon, would get as much out of it? He is not a stalker of the boards as I am, and I don't think he understands why I am homesick for CSS when I haven't even been there yet?!

I would love to read more love letters! This is the best reason for tears!