Default "Jamaican Smile" drink

Just go back from CTI and loved the drink. Could I please get the recipe for it? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by chakkare View Post
    Just go back from CTI and loved the drink. Could I please get the recipe for it? Thank you.
    I think it's just the pre-made strawberry daquiri mixed with the also pre-made pina colada, then topped off with some of that delish rum cream. It sorta became the go-to drink for me & Rosa during our stay CTI (they also made it for us when we visited CSS as well). Interestingly enough, most of the bartenders in Negril were unfamiliar with it. We usually had to explain it to them and advise how to make it.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

It's 1/2 traditional strawberry daqueri and 1/2 pina colada with a float of rum cream on top. Those are my new favorite!

If it is the same Jamaican Smile I had at CTI, Csa and CSS it is 1/2 strawberry daquiri, 1/2 pina colada, appleton and rum cream. This is a drink I got hooked on at the footwear resort and taught the bartender at CSA how to make in January 2009.
    Marnie

So they add rum and rum cream to the drink or just rum cream? The last day when we were leaving, I told my husband to get me a Jamaican Smile. The bartender was a girl and she smiled at him. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chakkare View Post
    So they add rum and rum cream to the drink or just rum cream? The last day when we were leaving, I told my husband to get me a Jamaican Smile. The bartender was a girl and she smiled at him. lol.
    LOL - that's great. Good one!

As to the drink tho, classically, or at least as we had them, there is no rum added, just the rum cream. Of course there are no rules to any of this and if you prefer to have your Smile with an extra splash of rum - which BTW we had it that way several times - then go for it. But you'll have to ask them to make it like that, by default it will only be the rum cream.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    LOL - that's great. Good one!

As to the drink tho, classically, or at least as we had them, there is no rum added, just the rum cream. Of course there are no rules to any of this and if you prefer to have your Smile with an extra splash of rum - which BTW we had it that way several times - then go for it. But you'll have to ask them to make it like that, by default it will only be the rum cream.
    Thanks. That's what I wanted to know. I have a bottle of rum cream. Just have to get the pina colada and strawberry daquiri mix. I wonder how it would taste with Tia Maria? This way I can order it when I go out.

Sounds YUMMY
    Art xo Francine