Default Calling All Experts

Greetings Couple Junkies,

We are new to this whole crazy obsession, but it seems right up our alley. We decided to take the plunge by grabbing a week at CSA next year for our 10 year anniversary. But we are also looking for some big down time this year.

Here is the age old question - CSS or CTI? We want to try something new and CN is booked full so it is down to these two.

About us. We are very friendly, outgoing and super relaxed and get along with most everyone (even the French). We have traveled the world extensively and have stayed everywhere from a beach hostel in the Cook Islands to 5 star resorts in Thailand. We have done time shares in Hawaii to our only all inclusive experience, La Source in Grenada (LOVE that place).

We are looking to relax after a very he4ctic couple of years. Hang out on the beach, by the pool, and at the bar. Not big disco people but we do enjoy hanging at a pub. We are foodies but we aren't picky.

So both places sound great. I originally liked CSS but CTI is appeals too. We flipped a coin - CTI. Asked the dog - CTI. Now it is down to your collective advice.

Thanks in advance and we are SOOOOO looking forward to this vacation.

Cheers!

We too have traveled the world....Europe, Carribbean, and Central America mostly. Love different foods, willing to try anything, not big disco people. We have never met a stranger, love to socialize, find uniqueness in everyone we meet. Love life, live it to the fullest. We are 45 and 42 and have been married for over 17 years. We have been to CN and to CTI only. CTI for three straight times. I have heard great things about CSS and we will do a day pass there this summer (June).

With all that being said, there is no other place inthe world that we would rather spend a week together than at CTI. If the greatest thing in the world you can think of is termed "IT", then CTI is "IT"!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

I think the main difference between the two is the layout.

CTI is like a high-rise hotel on the beach. Everything is compact and close together.

CSS is spread out on several acres (35 I think). All the buildings are spread out throughout the property. There are pathways all over the property that are excellent for exploring and taking strolls with your hunny. There are wonderful surprises around every nook and cranny.

Unless you have something more specific that you are looking for, that sums up the difference between the two for me. Otherwise you are going to get the same great Couples service at either resort. What exactly are you looking for? Perhaps that would help us let you know which has what.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks for the great advice and information. CSS and CTI both sound fabulous. We could not make up our minds so we put it in the hands of fate and booked a secret rendezvous. 26 short days to go!

Definately CTI, hands down. The piano bar is great in the evenings.

Based on this.....

About us. We are very friendly, outgoing and super relaxed and get along with most everyone (even the French). We have traveled the world extensively and have stayed everywhere from a beach hostel in the Cook Islands to 5 star resorts in Thailand. We have done time shares in Hawaii to our only all inclusive experience, La Source in Grenada (LOVE that place).

We are looking to relax after a very he4ctic couple of years. Hang out on the beach, by the pool, and at the bar. Not big disco people but we do enjoy hanging at a pub. We are foodies but we aren't picky.
    .....and especially the bolded parts, I'm going to lean toward CTI. I should point out tho that we recently stayed at CTI for a week, whereas we only visited CSS for part of a day with the TP program. Naturally, my advice may appear to be a bit slanted. But I always try to advise objectively based on what folks state as to the type of vibe they are seeking in a Couples resort. There's a current thread running on the board where based on what the person mentioned, I thought CSS was the best fit. I've suggested likewise for CN and CSA in other posts as well.

But how you described yourselves is pretty much how I would describe me and the better half. And I have to say CTI fit our personalities like a glove. It's a very social resort, chock full of the nicest guests and staff you could ever imagine. We just loved our week there and my hunch is you would feel the exact same way. But whichever one you decide, may it be a memorable vacation!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.