Thread: Newbies!

Default Newbies!

Hello everyone,
    My husband and I can't tell you how glad we are to have found this message board!
    A little about us, we are both 27 married for just over 4 years and for the last 2 years our anniversary getaway has consisted of a cruise, but this year we were ready to try something new. So here we are, on and off for the last few months we've been reading review after review, looking through countless pictures and it's all brought us to Couples.
    We haven't booked anything yet, but we both seem to be leaning toward CSS and are aiming to go the last week of September into October. Now we've read that that is within the hurricane season, should we be concerned? have a lot of you gone around that time?
    Also, we've checked out the beachfront rooms and oceanfront, what are the main differences? and are there any pros and cons?
    For now our only other question is where is the best place to book our vacation? we've checked out the travel websites, AAA obviously couples.com.
    Well, I think that's it for now, sorry it this came out a little long.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any comment, advice anyone has to offer.

Congratulations on making the decision to go to Couples! You will never want to cruise again!!!! Any Couples resort is wonderful. CSS is beautiful and one of the larger Couples resorts (meaning a bit more walking) but also giving it lots of privacy but there are a lot of steps. We absolutely LOVE CN because of its compactness. None of the rooms there (whether garden or beachfront) are more than a few steps from the beach. Couples has a LoveAway plan where you pay $100 down and $100 per month with the balance being due 45 days prior to departure. (At least I think that's the arrangement but check website). My only advice -- get there as fast as you can!!!! You'll love it -- whichever Couples resort you choose -- you'll be home. (My husband and I have traveled extensively in the Caribbean but CN is the ONLY resort we have ever returned to more than once.)

Oh, I forgot to add -- we always go in October. No problems with hurricanes yet. According to the locals, for some reason hurricanes do not hit Jamaica. They haven't had a major hurricane in ages.

"According to the locals, for some reason hurricanes do not hit Jamaica. They haven't had a major hurricane in ages. "

Really???
    Ivan was less than 6 years ago and Dean was 3 1/2 years ago...

Okay. Maybe to say the hurricanes have missed Jamaica is not quite true. but I DO think that the hurricanes have caused minimal damage. I'm just remembering what our shuttle driver told us about hurricanes not being something we should worry about, even in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Congratulations on making the decision to go to Couples! You will never want to cruise again!!!! Any Couples resort is wonderful. CSS is beautiful and one of the larger Couples resorts (meaning a bit more walking) but also giving it lots of privacy but there are a lot of steps. We absolutely LOVE CN because of its compactness. None of the rooms there (whether garden or beachfront) are more than a few steps from the beach. Couples has a LoveAway plan where you pay $100 down and $100 per month with the balance being due 45 days prior to departure. (At least I think that's the arrangement but check website). My only advice -- get there as fast as you can!!!! You'll love it -- whichever Couples resort you choose -- you'll be home. (My husband and I have traveled extensively in the Caribbean but CN is the ONLY resort we have ever returned to more than once.)
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    We've decided to go with CSS...I think we both liked the fact the CSS seemed to have that secluded feel to it...and hopefully more stairs will just mean I can enjoy the food even more and maybe not feel as guilty haha
    Anyway, thank you again...I'm loving this message board.

My future hubby and I leave in the month of August, what about August with hurricains? 10 til the 19, what of that time...

Congrats on picking Couples. We are also traveling to CSA during that time period and have been to Jamaica a couple times during this time and have had no problem with hurricanes. Definitely get trip insurance, just in case. You are going to love the AI experience. I've done cruises and loved them, but if you are wanting to relax and be romantic, you picked the best option possible. Have fun! I've heard CSS is the most beautiful of all the Couples resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    Congrats on picking Couples. We are also traveling to CSA during that time period and have been to Jamaica a couple times during this time and have had no problem with hurricanes. Definitely get trip insurance, just in case. You are going to love the AI experience. I've done cruises and loved them, but if you are wanting to relax and be romantic, you picked the best option possible. Have fun! I've heard CSS is the most beautiful of all the Couples resorts.
    We've been hearing the same thing about CSS.
    Speaking of trip insurance, how does that all work, where do you get it, and does it matter if we booked our trip already, can we purchase the insurance anytime?
    Sorry for the ignorant sounding questions, we've just had no experience with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocklate View Post
    My future hubby and I leave in the month of August, what about August with hurricains? 10 til the 19, what of that time...

We were at CTI in August 4 years ago and raced Huricane Dean out. We left on Friday and Dean made landfall on Sunday. Apparently aside from a little vegetative debris opn the beach and having to close down Tower Isle there was no serious damage or concern.

Heck I tried to extend the vacation when the airline announced they were waving the $100 per ticket change fee so people could get off the island.

You can buy trip insurance at any time. I just looked online and found a company called CSA (no connection to Couples). Had no reason to make any claims, but purchasing the insurance was very simple. Glad I had this thought as I believe it's better to be safe than sorry.