Default Missing Items in Luggage!!

Just returned from our second great trip to CSA. I've never seen any threads regarding airpot thefts. On our first trip last year I had a gift for my wife that turned up missing when we opened our bags.

This year we took another couple with us and they said that some cheap jewelry was missing from their luggage when they got home.

I assume these things are taken at the airport. Anyone else experienced this problem?

We always lock our luggage. Never had anything missing. I do pack anything important in our carry on luggage.

No... but I'd suggest getting some TSA locks to prevent this in the future. These locks can only be opened by TSA personnel with a special code or key. While the bags are in handlers hands, they have to damage the bag to get into it.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I was missing some weird things but I keep my jewelry, even the cheap stuff, with me in my carryon. I thought I must have forgot them but I went over that room a bunch of times and was quite sure there was nothing left in there.

I had a few things missing on the way in too but I can't be sure where they happened. Our luggage sat in the front for over 5 hours while we waited for a room and I did catch someone in one of my bags. They said they thought it was theirs I don't think so. It was not the conventional black suitcase. I highly doubt anyone else has one this color with the same things hanging on the zippers.

Been to Jamaica twice and NO problems .....
    sorry that happened to you

KruznSusan and Stan

The first year we went (2008), my husband accidentally put his money clip with about $150 in the checked luggage rather than our carry on. It was missing when we got home. We assumed it was taken at the airport as well. Our bags go through two possible check points where it could get searched and we just assumed it was at one of those. But, since you have no proof, what can you do? We just chalked it up to a costly lesson.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Just returned from our second great trip to CSA. I've never seen any threads regarding airpot thefts. On our first trip last year I had a gift for my wife that turned up missing when we opened our bags.

This year we took another couple with us and they said that some cheap jewelry was missing from their luggage when they got home.

I assume these things are taken at the airport. Anyone else experienced this problem?
    Not in four trips.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

That's quite a disappointment. We didn't experience anything of the kind. In fact, our luggage had color coded locks on them that shows when they've been opened and never were.

While sitting on the airplane waiting to depart the gate, I observed the luggage handlers being searched by security personnel. I assume it was to make sure nothing was being taken from the luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by dawi View Post
    That's quite a disappointment. We didn't experience anything of the kind. In fact, our luggage had color coded locks on them that shows when they've been opened and never were.

While sitting on the airplane waiting to depart the gate, I observed the luggage handlers being searched by security personnel. I assume it was to make sure nothing was being taken from the luggage.
    I saw the same thing. They patted them down. If there was small jewelry in the pockets I don't think they would have felt it though.

Tell me more about these locks, I would love to get some. Could you post a link to the company's website maybe? Thanks!

On our December trip, our TSA locks were missing when we got back to STL. Nothing major missing from the luggage. It's been the only issue we've experienced in 10 trips.

TSA locks are not that hard to pick with a paper clip, according to YouTube videos.