Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Too old for Couples?

My wife and I are in our early 50"s..We have some hesitation about going to Couples because the crowd might be a little young for us. Would you recommend a couple in their early 50"s going to a Couples Resort? We are pretty active but just wondering what the age range is?

You'll fit in perfectly! Actually, from alot of the posts I've read, you age group is more the norm than the exception. We are 53 and 45 and love it.

Diane & Brian

It has been said many times on this board and it is still true.....There is no age difference at any Couples resort. I know it is hard tobelieve, but if you are ever going to trust anyone or anything on blind faith, this is it. My wife and I are in our mid 40's, act like we are in our 30's, drink like we are in our 20's and sometimes wake up feeling like we are in our 80's. We will be making our fourth trip to Couples in June. Some of our best friends down there are in their late 20's. We have been able to make great memories with people in their late 60's and while we are all aware of each others approximate ages, it never seems to matter. Just go, relax, be yourself, and have fun. Once you go, you'll know!!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by rhmoore12 View Post
    My wife and I are in our early 50"s..We have some hesitation about going to Couples because the crowd might be a little young for us. Would you recommend a couple in their early 50"s going to a Couples Resort? We are pretty active but just wondering what the age range is?
    I sure hope not. We will be 50 when we go in December. There are all ages at the Couples resorts. You will fit right in.

Are you kidding? Book it!

We are in our.... mid fifties, celebrating our 30th anniversary in June at CSA, as we did our 25th a few years ago. You will fit in very well at any of the Couples resorts. Ages range from newly weds at 20 to newly weds at 60 plus, and everything in between. Folks of all ages on vacations, honeymoons, anniversaries or no reason at all other than to just spend a few days in one of the greatest places on earth to relax and unwind. It really is a great mix of ages and backgrounds of all types.

Go, and have a great trip!

Age range is 20's to 70's. You are never too young or too old for Couples. Couples is for everyone and everyone is whatever age you want to be or act. Book, go and have a great time. I hope 50's is not too old or I will have to stop going in the next few years and so will a lot of the freinds we've made over the years.

56 & 54 here, and we'll be celebrated our 35th anniversary at SweptAway... just as we spent our 20th and 25th anniversaries... so yes... age will be VERY important... as you will help us to provide inspiration to all the young lovebirds that you'll find scattered about.

Book it, and ENJOY!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

remoore12-
    We are a couple in our mid 50's and have been to Couples 5 times in the past 3 yrs. We LOVE it and can't wait to return "home" again!

We're in our mid 50's and can still act like a kid with the best of them. Don't worry about age. As a matter of fact there will probably be more people closer to your age than those closer to the 20 something.

30', 40'S and 50's are abundant, there might be a few younger during the wedding months.

Not that many 20 year olds spend $$$$ on vacation.

The age range is couples in their early 20's to couples in their early 80's!! Don't hesitate another minute, pick one of the 4 resorts, and GO!!!
    (Karen&Paul)

Default No, not too old

I'm 51 and my husband is 65. We are typical of the age group @CSA. There are all ages however middle age is more common. You will fit right in.

We're mid 60's, have been to all 4 of the Couples Resorts and have had no trouble fitting in. Time of year could be an issue - we go in February each year and there is always a good spread of ages, from 70's down to early 20's.

My husband and I made our first Couples trip when we were 60 and have now been to all 4 resorts. You will find couples of all ages at each of the resorts. We have never felt out of place at any of the resorts and have enjoyed meeting and getting to know couples much younger and older than we are.
    Give one of the resorts a try; you will not regret it!

We are also in our 50's and have been going to Couples for the past 10 years. You will find a lot of people in their 50's and
    60's. You will fit right in. There are people in all age groups but everyone is friendly and the younger couples mingle with the old couples. There is no age recognition at Couples. GO, you will love COUPLES.

The first time my husband and I went to Couples TI was in 1989, we were then in our early 50s. We just returned from our 9th time recently and as you can tell we are now in our 70s. Will we stop going? No way. We never felt too old, too young, every age group blends in so well together. Start going and don't ever stop. Have fun.
    That Colorado Couple Hermine and Bernard

20's to 90's. You are not too old for Couples. In fact you are about the median age. We have been going to Couples every year since 2003. I'm 57 and my wife is 55. You're as young as you feel and when we're at Couples, we feel like we're in our twenties again. Go, have fun, and be young again.

Default AGE, no matter, mon.

We were at CSS Aug. 2009 for our honeymoon, I'm 54, wife 41. We had the BEST time of our lives. We are returning, Aug. 2010 & are already booked for Aug. 2011. The ages when we were there, were 20's to late 60's & all got along & mingled, the average age was probably 40's. GO and have the best time of your life, & find a new family, The Couples family.
    Gerard

Go for it! Age is just a number. There have been alot post likes yours. In fact I asked the same question on the MB last year. We went to CSA and met all ages, from young honeymooners to persons like us celebrating 34 yrs together and had a great time. We are mid 50's to very early 60 and had fun with all ages and especially quiet time just the 2 of us. Met a couple late 30's, early 40's last year for our 33rd anniversay trip (was our 1st time to Couples )and we have been emailing each other all year. We are meeting them again this July at CSA to celebrate her 38th birthday and our 34th anniversary. Do not let age be a hinderance

Oh my, please don't worry. Nick and I are looking forward to our 7th Couples trip in 9 years and we are a bit (not too much) older. We even had one of our daughter's wedding/honeymoon at CTI ( formerly, Couples Ocho Rios)!No one pays attention to age. We all mix well and have made terrific friends of all ages from around the world. Go and you will know why we go home again each year!

My wife and I are in our late 40's (I'm turning 50 later this year) and we feel perfectly comfortable at Couples. There are all age ranges there, so book you're trip and don't worry about it. You'll have a great time!

rhmoore12,

The right age to go to a Couples Resort is 18 years old to infiniti!! There are couples there of all ages and you'll fit in just fine. You've just got to choose the resort that fits you...now that's a real challenge because they're all good in their own way. Go for it and enjoy becoming part of the Couples family.

Bart & Bug

HA! Go...Have fun...that is the GREAT thing about Couples, you will meet people of ALL age groups!! My hubby jumped off the cliff at Rick's Cafe with a man in his 70's. He had more life in him then most 20 year old's!!! Enjoy your vacation!!! ;-}

We are in our 50's also and have never felt out of place. There are people of all ages at all the resorts. We definitely were not the oldest couple there.

Dear RHMOORE12,
    We are also in our early 50's. We started going to Couples when I turned 45. This October will be our 4 visit to CN.
    You meet all different age people there. We just love it.
    Enjoy...... everything is good in Jamaica.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast