Default Questions about CSA and CN?

My fiance and I are planning to book our honeymoon to one of the Couples resorts in March 2010 and now sure which one to choose from. CN and CSA looks pretty much the same but I have some questions.
    1. At CSA do you get problems with any kinds of bugs in the rooms from not having normal windows?
    2. Which one, CSA or CN, has a better and prettier beach?
    3. Which one has better pools?
    4. And as for both of them, did you have problems with sand fleas. I am freaked out by the thought of sand fleas. Are there a lot of them in March? What bug spray works the best and am I going to get be able to lay out on the beach without being attacked by them? lol

Thanks!
    Ashley

1. At CSA do you get problems with any kinds of bugs in the rooms from not having normal windows?

Not all the rooms at CSA have only the screens. Look for the room categories with the words "Great House" or "Verandah" since they have traditional windows. You have to remember that you are in Jamaica, there are bugs. In our three trips to Jamaica we have only ever seen a few small ants in our room since we left the verandah doors open. It wasnt a huge issue.

They both have beautiful beaches. I have seen both and I prefer CSA because I like walking up and down the beaches. I would have to say that CN was a bit quieter. They are both stunning and this is really just a coin toss.

I would say CN since the resort is really based around the pool. CSA has a really nice swim up bar and lap pool.

4. And as for both of them, did you have problems with sand fleas. I am freaked out by the thought of sand fleas. Are there a lot of them in March? What bug spray works the best and am I going to get be able to lay out on the beach without being attacked by them? lol

I have only ever been bitten at night and even then it was twice. My wife seems to be immune from them. We just used normal Off and never had an issue. Just spray your legs well if you plan on going out on the beach at night. Like I said, I NEVER had an issue with these during the day when we would spend hours on the beach.
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

1. We have been to CSA twice and have never had a problem with bugs in the room. If you leave your doors open, you will be more likely to have "pests" enter your room.

2. In MY opinion, CSA's beach is prettier and it goes "forever". I am from the Gulf Coast, so I am not accustomed to beaches along bays...that likely biases my opinion.

3. Both of the resorts have wonderful pools. CN's pool is probably more of a gathering spot than those at CSA simply because the resort is centered around it. CSA's newest pool with swim-up bar is very similar to CN's pool, only smaller.

4. I have experienced sand flea bites at both resorts, but they seem to only be a problem at night. I found that applying a product with DEET (specifically, I have used OFF and Cutter brands) below the knees at night helped.

Default Cn vs. CSA

Both are great places! We did a split trip in 2007.
    No bugs or critters came into our rooms at either place. Some kind of little bugs bit my legs up at CSA in the evenings.
    Both beaches are nice. Vendors for shopping come to the beach at CN, walk the beach at CSA for shopping, totally safe and fun, just hot, so wear beach attire to step into the water when you need!
    Pool at CN is absolutely gorgeous, better than CSA, although both have swim up bars.

Default csa

Oh yeah, forgot to say that our room at CSA, one of the newer ones, had regular windows, but was still so tropical looking.
    Click on my username to see my photo albums!

Hi Ashley,

My wife and I were married at CSA in 2007. We stayed in an OVS and they do have actual glass in the windows the wooden shudders just act as blinds that open and close they are only available in the corner rooms. I highly recommend a corner room the verandah is bigger and you have better views. The only rooms that do not have glass in them are the atrium rooms. Some prefer the old section and some the new we are partial to the new section due to the in room mini bar and fridge it makes it so much easier than having to go out for every little thing.

CN has a bigger pool the CSA both stay full especially around the swim up bars. CSA also has 2 other pools on the resort.

Both resorts are on the same stretch of beach they are maybe a mile apart. The only difference is that CN beach is deeper from the resort to the beach and CSA beach is longer it stretches the length of the resort. Try looking at the panoramic views of each resort to help get an idea.

As far as the sand fleas go we were there in Sept. There was about 16 people with us for our wedding and no one complained about them. I guess that is just hit or miss depending on when you go.

I hope this helps you can't go wrong with either decision, My wife and I can not wait to get back to CSA. If you need anything else just let us know.

We stayed at CN in May and did the day pass at CSA -- I think I can answer your questions without favoritism to one over the other.

The bathroom windows at CN are wood shutters only. We had no problems with insects in our room at all. If needed, the room has spray that you can use. Also, there are votive candle holders that you can burn citrinella candels. We did not have the need to do either.

I think this is a personal choice and would depend on what you consider "better and prettier". Both beaches are on the famous seven mile beach. CN is on Bloody Bay -- which is about 2 miles long total. CSA is on Long Bay -- which is about 5 miles long total. Both beaches have white soft sand -- especially along the beach on the Couples property. Both beaches have crystal clear shallow water. As you walk along the beaches beyond Couples, you will most likely find that the other resorts do not keep their beaches quite as pristine. Bloody Bay has fewer resorts -- and fewer local craftsmen. Some people prefer more local influence while others prefer to remain more secluded to the resort. CN is a very deep beach area -- lots of sand and a feeling of less crowding, in my opinion. CSA is a bit longer beach area, but not as deep -- it felt a bit smaller to me only because of the perceived square footage of the sandy beach. However, you just cannot go wrong with either -- the water is unbelievable!

I think CN...the main pool is huge (with swim up bar and two hot tubs -- one at each end). Again, even with people on floats, which take up a considerable amount of space, the pool never felt crowded. Water volleyball is set up at one end of the pool, leaving the rest of the pool open for floaters or swimmers. There is also the small pool and hot tub in the watersports area.

Yes...sand fleas were a problem -- they were more of a problem in the evenings, but I did get a few bites during the day as well. Best suggestion is to bring plenty of insect spray with DEET and/or Avon Skin So Soft -- and apply it liberally from the knees down. The bites itch like the dickens!!