Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CTI or CSA??

Default CTI or CSA??

Which is the best for beach and luxury and food, CTI or CSA? Has anyone tried both?

...haven't been to both, but if the beach is very important to you, definitely go to CSA. Negril is known for its fantastic beaches....

We love both.

Luxury - neither. None of the Couples resorts are particularly luxurious.
    Beach - CSA. Big Long Beach. (CTI has a smaller beach, but it's still lovely and VERY private, which I liked a LOT.)
    Food - either. CSA maybe a little, little better.

Honestly, look at the pics. They are both awesome and we love them both.
    CSA is rustic and tropical.
    CTI is South Beach tropical.

Pick the one that calls out to you and GO! Don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by haleyreneeh View Post
    Which is the best for beach and luxury and food, CTI or CSA? Has anyone tried both?

As far as luxury CTI is slightly better. When it comes to the beach CSA is superior, but not private. CTI's beach is totally private
    When it comes to food they are equal, both great!

We have been to both and much prefer CSA.
    CSA is more spread out, tropical and romantic. The rooms are all in low rise (3 storey) buildings so you don't get much traffic outside your door. CTI is a hotel and they are currently having big issues with hallway noise since the flooring was changed. The food, we thought, was better at CSA and the evening entertainment too. We liked the option of an a la carte breakfast which is only available at CSA.
    We loved the beach at CSA as it was calm and very large. I like to float on my floatie and could not do this at CTI, rough water and very small beach. We missed the vendors and atmosphere on CTI's private beach.
    The service and staff at both are top notch.

Hmmm, Luxury? Neither resort is what I consider luxury,what they do have is that funky, chic, Caribbean soul. What I would consider luxurious is the beach at CSA, one of the perfect beaches of the Caribbean, and I have seen lots of them. CTI has the more polished image. As far as the food, I found more choices at CSA, while I love Lemon Grass at CSA and the new Lychee at CN, both are Asian Fusion, I was not impressed with Bayside at CTI. We have had a great time at all 4 resorts, but CSA puls me back again and again.
    6 more sleeps to go!

Default Going to CSA and CTI on June 1st!

Ever thought of splitting your trip? We are staying at CTI for four nights and then CSA for four nights. That way we get the best of both!!!

Default CSA and CN is the Winner

We have been to CN, CSA, and CTI. We definiately would not go back to CTI. Smaller resort and smaller beach. The ocean is rougher with alot of red flag days and a very small area roped to swim within. The food is also better at CN and CSA with more of a selection of places to eat. The staff was not as friendly at CTI.

We've been to both CSA and CTI. But it was COR then before the renovations and renamed CTI. We love CSA more since we enjoyed long walks on the beach and strolling through the grounds hand in hand to get to either side of the resort to eat. Oh and the Sea Grapes Cafe at CSA was awesome for exotic lunches and snacks. And banana stuffed french toast for breakfast at Patois...MMMMM. If you want intimate, all in one place and a hotel feel, go to CTI. If you want beautiful grounds and quaint rooms go to CSA!!!!! Need I say more?

We have only been to CTI. We love the renovations, the food and the staff. The beach is nice, but not that important to us as we are just happy to be at beach without kids. The food is very good and the service is exceptional.

Your best bet is to look at photos and you find that one keeps calling you back and that is the one you should go to.

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...2f2841c4d4a52e

This is a link to our photos. There are two Jamaica Albums. Hope this helps!
    Vicky

Thanks so much for all the advice. We are planning to go next December for our 20th anniv. and so far it looks like CSA will be our choice and maybe we'll visit CTI while we're there!

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    CTI is a hotel and they are currently having big issues with hallway noise since the flooring was changed.
    This is an overly generalized statement that I feel needs to be addressed. We recently returned from a week at CTI, as well as four nites at CN. Interestingly enough, we heard more noise outside our room at CN than we did at CTI. Not that the noise at CN was bad or anything, it was almost no problem at all, but the point is it was actually quieter at CTI.

The noise-in-the-hallway issue that seems to plague CTI is IMO way overblown out of proportion, and is fast becoming this board's equivalent of an urban legend. Because of what I read prior to going there, it was probably the only physically characteristic that I recall discussing with fellow guests during our mutual stay. Yes, where there are rooms closer to the night time action, such as those closest to the Patio where most of the entertainment takes place, it could be a little loud at times, that just stands to reason. But the stories of rude, obnoxious guests making tons of noise in the hallways just didn't take place, at least not on our watch, nor did anyone we spoke with echo a similar complaint.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by haleyreneeh View Post
    . . . . so far it looks like CSA will be our choice and maybe we'll visit CTI while we're there!
    The Trading Places program allows guests staying at one of the Negril resorts (CN and CSA) to visit the other for the day and offers the same option for guests staying at the Ocho Rios resorts (CTI and CSS). VIsiting CTI from CSA, however, is not an option under Trading Places. While you could always buy a half-day or full-day pass, the drive from Negril to Ocho Rios and back again would take up a good portion of the day and, in my opinion, wouldn't be worth it.

If you want to experience both resorts, consider splitting your vacation between the two or stay at CSA this vacation and CTI next time.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I have to disagree Ron and Rosa. We were in a Premiere Ocean room 3208 if I remember correctly, and we did not hear any noise whatsoever from the evening entertainment. The noise that bothered us everynight was that of other guests going back to their rooms and saying goodnight to their freinds. We rarely went to bed before 1am and the noise carried on until 3 some nights.
    Their voices carried terribly. It got to the point that we were joking with each other that we should open our door and shout "goodnight JohnBoy!"
    We had friends in the new building as well as in the Superior Ocean rooms in building 4 and they had no problems. Perhaps we were just unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    I have to disagree Ron and Rosa. We were in a Premiere Ocean room 3208 if I remember correctly, and we did not hear any noise whatsoever from the evening entertainment. The noise that bothered us everynight was that of other guests going back to their rooms and saying goodnight to their freinds. We rarely went to bed before 1am and the noise carried on until 3 some nights.
    Their voices carried terribly. It got to the point that we were joking with each other that we should open our door and shout "goodnight JohnBoy!"
    We had friends in the new building as well as in the Superior Ocean rooms in building 4 and they had no problems. Perhaps we were just unlucky.
    Marnies, I wasn't saying that you personally didn't have such issues or that even others may have had similar problems. No resort is perfect and there are bound to be situations where some have problems where others don't experience the same.

What I addressed was you making the blanket statement that the noise issue is a big problem at CTI, which tends to paint a negative picture as a whole. Now if that really was the case where guest after guest was constantly complaining about this, then I'd have left well enough alone or even joined in the chorus. But that's not been the case and I feel as if CTI at times gets treated like the proverbial red headed step child (with apologies to any red headed step children out there).

I never have a problem with those who say this or that resort is simply not their cup of tea. I guess I draw the line when I feel one of the resorts - and CTI in particular - gets unfairly bashed. It wasn't personal, it was strictly based on what you said, nothing more.
    Ron

OK, let's set the record straight. I commented on the layout of CSA vs CTI. In a hotel, you are going to have noise outside your door, no question about it. I have read many reviews of CTI both here and on other sites and this has been the #1 issue. There is another thread on this site that specifically addresses the changes at CTI since the renovations and the lack of carpet in the halls. I would never have known this had I not read it as it was our first trip to CTI.
    If you read my initial post carefully you will see I was answering the question posed. They are asking for differences between the two resorts and for us, this was the biggie.
    We enjoyed CTI but would not return for the above mentioned reasons. Would we return to Couples? Absolutely! It is the only place we will stay in Jamaica.

By the way, before the hairdresser put the streaks in my hair, I was a redhead LOL

Default Cti

My wife and I returned from CTI last week, and we LOVED it!! I mean, LOVED IT!
    We went to CSS two years back and were skeptical that could be topped.
    We still love CSS, but CTI really took a lead on CSS, in our minds.

I do not know much about CSA, but to address one issue here:
    The hallway noise at CTI is NOT a rumor or urban legend.
    We were in room 3308, which is on the third floor above the lobby.
    We didn't hear much noise from the lobby area, but if people were even just speaking in the hallway, we heard it. One night, I did hear people partying loudly in the Piano Bar, which is even further away from the room then the lobby is.
    For whatever reason, in the section we were in, you can hear EVERYTHING from the hallway.

With all of that being said, again.....WE LOVE CTI! We'd go back in a split second, although we are considering trying the Negril side of the island in the coming years, seeing as we have only seen the Ocho Rios side.

By the way, the noisy hallways did not affect our sleep all that much. We generally slept from about 10:30PM until about 6:30AM, without much interruption.

If anyone has any specific questions about CTI, feel free to email me at Dickie3770@aol.com. I'd be glad to answer them. )

Dickie, interesting that both you and Marnies had room 08, altho hers was on the 2nd floor and yours the 3rd. But maybe being the rooms edge closer to the lobby where there tends to be more activity, perhaps the sounds from there make their way up or....hmmm, not sure what the or would be.

But I'll state it again, I asked a number of fellow guests specifically if they were having problems with hallway noises being it had become almost a running topic in here, and not one person said they had such a problem. So while it may not be an urban legend, I'll continue to hold the belief that it's still way overblown.

BTW, noises aside, I'm so happy you found CTI to be just as we found it, a fantabulous resort!!
    Ron

We were in building one and we had issues with the noise. Not only was there hallway noise, but we also got all the music from the patio restaurant. And it went late into the night. Really frustrating as we like to sleep with our doors open and this was impossible. Even with the doors closed we still had a problem with the noise from the Patio.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Hi Dickie and Thanks!

It sounds as though you were in the room directly above us. As I said before, we did not hear any of the entertainment noise just other guests talking, laughing and pounding their heels. It was amazing how the footsteps carried. I am sure they had no idea just how noisy they were, the guests at Couples that we have encountered have always been very considerate.
    I am glad you enjoyed both CSS and CTI. If you get the chance to visit the Negril side you will just love it!

Marnie

You have to go to CSA. The beach is the best! You will not find a more beautiful place to spend time with your honey. CSA is very classic Caribbean. Lots of dark wood and white linens. It is spread out and really romantic and relaxing. Good luck deciding.

Default It will be CTI for us....

CSS grounds are absolutely beautiful with pathways and stairs filled will amazing scenery. You won't get that at CTI. (Wonderfully remodeled hotel and the beach is great.) But for us, nothing comes close to the staff at CTI...or the people. We are there for the long run!

Ron, it may seem overblown, but I really believe that it depends on where your room is while you stay at that resort. Assuming most folks are being honest (you and I included, and I think we both are being), some rooms experience severe hallway noise and some experience none at all.

I'd be shocked......SHOCKED.....if anyone stayed in the room we did and told me there was little or no hallway noise. You could hear pretty much any noise coming from the hallway, including people talking.

I also disagree with people who say that CTI isn't "tropical" enough, or that it doesn't feel like Jamaica. When we pulled up and got out of the van, I had a "Wow" moment (even with being to CSS before). And then when you get that first view out of the lobby......incredible. To me, it looks VERY tropical. There are palm trees, beautiful water, the beach, etc......but, each person is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. I just don't agree.....

I too am trying to decide between these two properties. Can anyone tell me which one is more fun at night time? I am not expecting a crazy party spot but I also don't want one where everyone goes to bed at 10pm. I have been told that CSA is better at night and CTI is better during the day.

Any advice on this would be really appreciated as I am having a very difficult time trying to decide which one to go to and I don't have the luxury of doing both unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast