Thread: CSS,CTI or CN?

Default CSS,CTI or CN?

Hello!
    My wife and I looking for a great place to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I think we have settled on staying at a Couples resort but we can't decide between CSS, CTI, or CN. Judging by the reviews I've read I don't think we can go too wrong at any of them, but I would love to have any advise you could offer us.

Just to tell you a little about us and what we like... We are about 30 years old, my wife is a photographer, we are not big drinkers or party animals, we are interested in excursions (Dunn's River, Catamaran, Zip Line, Shopping, water sports, snorkeling, ect.), we enjoy the beach, but are not beach bums. I would love to have a private jacuzzi or hot tub, but I don't see that offered too much. Room accommodations is important to us.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

According to your requirements here are the options:

Dunn's River is offered for free at CSS or CTI. You can take a trip there from CN, but it takes all day and isn't worth it. If you do stay at CN, YS Falls and Mayfield Falls are closer and just lovely. They are definitely picture worthy.

Catamaran is only offered at CN or CTI. The catamaran at CN has a slide where you can slide off the boat into the water. Blast!

Zip Lining can be done from any of the resorts.

Shopping, water sports etc are available at any of the resorts.

All three resorts offer categories with jacuzzi tubs as an option.

My favorite rooms of the three resorts is CSS. All of the rooms are suites and come with room service. Daily we would order a bottle of champagne delivered to the room while we got ready for dinner. It felt so decadent.

The beaches are the biggest difference. The beach at CN is to die for. Soft white sand and clear ocean (no sea grass) to wade out far into the ocean. A quiet calm sea to float on your floatie all day long. Ahhh relaxation at it's best. Plus the beach is 2.5 miles long and wonderful for strolling with your sweetie.

The beaches at CSS & CTI are small. Not much room for strolling the beach with your sweetie. The ocean is a little rough, but still doable for floating on good days. The ocean isn't quite as clear with sea grass and the sand isn't as soft, but it doesn't hurt your feet. They rake the sand each day to help it be softer and to clean up the stuff that the ocean has brought in over night.

As for the best resort to take pictures, CSS wins hands-down. It is spread out on many acres and has stairs with beautiful surroundings all around it. Every corner has a new adventure to picture. The flora and fauna there are outstanding. The views are incredible. Words just can't portray the images there. It is fabulous!

Our favorites are CSS & CN. CSS for the rooms and beauty and CN for the beach. We are headed back to both in 2011.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

CN's out if you want to do Dunn's River. We have been to all three of your choices and we love CTI the best. I'm sure you will have plenty of other people who have their favorite give their opinion also. Just look at the photo's and the prices and make your pick. You could always split betweem CTI and CSS as they are only a few minutes apart. good luck with your choice.

jtlooney24

At CN the suites have a jacuzzi in the room.

CN has areas of some fantastic lush tropical foliage.

The following site is loaded with pictures of Couples. No matter which one you select you will have a great experience.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JamaicanMeCrazy/

I would say you should go to CSS and I haven't even been there. That place seems to fit you.

Thanks for all the advise!!! It has really helped us make our decision! Penthouse Suite it is @ CSS!!! Can't wait to get there!!!
    Last edited by jtlooney24; May 5th, 2010 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    I would say you should go to CSS and I haven't even been there. That place seems to fit you.
    Other than a 6 hour visit to CSS, I'm pretty much the same as you - no direct experience from which to draw, but I still agree. Based on what he said, I'd lean toward CSS as well. It seems more of a fit for what he's seeking. The only thing they won't have, at least for free, is the cat cruise (or horseback riding if they're also interested, but since it wasn't mentioned, not sure if that even matters).
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Your wife sounds just like me! I am a 29 year old photographer who doesn't really drink and everything else you mentioned. Weird. We like CSA lol
    We are going to go to CSS next year though.

Can I ask why you eliminated CSA?

Hey Ron! We would like to do the cat cruise and maybe the horseback riding. I was concerned with trying to fit in too much for a week's stay and not getting to relax any. But I was thinking if we decided to do something that's not offered at CSS, we might use part of the $500 credit to book it. What do you think?

Default Be sure to visit CSS

Hello there!
    We stayed at CSS last August 2009 for our 35th wedding anniversary and just LOVED IT! We have travelled worldwide; love the Caribbean; have stayed at numerous top scale all inclusives; and next to Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia - my husband has NEVER cared where we returned for vacation EXCEPT CSS! So.......go for it. CTI looks lovely as well, but CSS has a greater variety of gorgeous rooms all over the beautiful property. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean verandah! It was heaven! The staff are terrific, the property is lush and beautiful; the food was delicious - I can't say enough! We enjoyed it so much we didn't go anywhere else on the trip - or go on any included excursions! We plan to return this August or May again! Any questions - don't hesitate to email me!
    Kelly

I'm not sure that you can use the $500 credit to book the excursions, since they're offered by an outside company. If that is in fact the case, however, do not be dismayed in the least. The spa at CSS is really amazing, and you absolutely can use the credit for that.

Hey Melody, There wasn't anything I didn't like about CSA. I think it was more of looking at Christine Hopaluk's photos of CN that sold me on that resort. If you haven't seen them, check them out on the thread "A Chick who Clicks of Couples Negril". As a photographer, you will appriciate her beautiful work. What month will you be at CSS next year? We booked today for June 18th - 25th. I can't wait!

Hey Kelly! It's funny you mentioned Anse Chastanet... before we decided to go to Jamaica, my wife and I were looking at that resort in St. Lucia. But that trip would've cost a good bit more, so that was the deciding factor. But I'm sure we'll make it there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by jtlooney24 View Post
    Hey Ron! We would like to do the cat cruise and maybe the horseback riding. I was concerned with trying to fit in too much for a week's stay and not getting to relax any. But I was thinking if we decided to do something that's not offered at CSS, we might use part of the $500 credit to book it. What do you think?
    The problem with that JT is you can't use resort credits to book non-inclusive activities. The horseback riding and cat cruise that you would be booking out of CSS would be with other companies. Understandably, considering the credits are issued by Couples, they are to be used on Couples-owned products and services only. It was a good idea tho!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

The 2011 $500 resort credit IS good for anything that can be charged to your room. That includes excursions that you book through the tour desk at the resort. BUT...the resort credit ended on April 15th. So if you just booked yesterday, you didn't get the resort credit.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by jtlooney24 View Post
    Hey Melody, There wasn't anything I didn't like about CSA. I think it was more of looking at Christine Hopaluk's photos of CN that sold me on that resort. If you haven't seen them, check them out on the thread "A Chick who Clicks of Couples Negril". As a photographer, you will appriciate her beautiful work. What month will you be at CSS next year? We booked today for June 18th - 25th. I can't wait!
    We are going only a few weeks later than that. I don't remember the exact dates but it is just in the beginning of Aug.