Default CSA Great House Jacuzzi Suites

Hi everyone!
    We are going to be first time couples goers and are very interested in CSA. Has anyone stayed in great house jacuzzi suites? If so can you please give me your thoughts on it?

Also, is this part of the newer addition that was added?
    Thanks so much!
    We are really looking forward to couples!

My wife and I stayed in the GHJS for our honeymoon last August. It was beautiful! Yes it is in the Great House which was part of the new addition a few years ago. So the facilities were clean and very nice. The view was amazing (we were on the 3rd floor) and it was the perfect room for us.

One thing that I really liked is that there are only 4 GHJS rooms and they are all right together. So when you book a vacation way in advance and you are putting a lot of money into it, you know exactly what you are going to get and what your view will be like. And it really was amazing!

Some people talk bad about the Great House saying it is too hotel like. Yes, it is definitely more like a hotel than the older parts of the resort, but that was better for us. We really appreciated having a beautiful room to go back to and get away to be alone. The A/C worked great. Bugs were not a problem (just spray once around the edges when you first get there just in case).

It was great to have the GHJS at least once. We probably won't do it again since that was our Honeymoon and we really can't imagine topping the experience. We have already booked for 2011 and will be staying in the BFVS.

Enjoy the GHJS! I know we did!!!

Never stayed in them, but they are the newest, opening, I believe, in January of 2008.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Yes, they are in the Greathouse which is only a few years old.
    Those rooms are gorgeous and enormous...I would recommend them. There are only 4, 2 on 2nd floor and 2 on the 3 rd...with great views.
    Last edited by WandA; May 11th, 2010 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt&Tess View Post
    My wife and I stayed in the GHJS for our honeymoon last August. It was beautiful! Yes it is in the Great House which was part of the new addition a few years ago. So the facilities were clean and very nice. The view was amazing (we were on the 3rd floor) and it was the perfect room for us.

One thing that I really liked is that there are only 4 GHJS rooms and they are all right together. So when you book a vacation way in advance and you are putting a lot of money into it, you know exactly what you are going to get and what your view will be like. And it really was amazing!

Some people talk bad about the Great House saying it is too hotel like. Yes, it is definitely more like a hotel than the older parts of the resort, but that was better for us. We really appreciated having a beautiful room to go back to and get away to be alone. The A/C worked great. Bugs were not a problem (just spray once around the edges when you first get there just in case).

It was great to have the GHJS at least once. We probably won't do it again since that was our Honeymoon and we really can't imagine topping the experience. We have already booked for 2011 and will be staying in the BFVS.

Enjoy the GHJS! I know we did!!!
    Thanks so much for your reply!!!!
    I like the idea of being up off the ground with a great view... and of course the jacuzzi is my selling point
    Is it pretty close to all of the amenities? pools? etc? and how far from the beach is it?

Thanks so much!

Sorry to just now get back to you...

Yes it is extremely close to everything! You could literally jump into the pool from the balcony because it is so close...although I would not recommend it. The beach is just on the other side of the pool. Patios (our absolute favorite place for breakfast) is just down stairs as is Feathers (the more formal dinner restaurant). You also have the piano bar/aura lounge right there as well. You are going to absolutely love it!

We cannot wait to go back ourselves. We have just over one year to go!

ENJOY!!!

Matt&Tess - Was the third floor fairly quiet at night? We just got back and stayed on the second floor and it was fairly noisey. But I loved the location, so would consider just requesting the third floor next time.

MrsC-

Yes, the third floor was very quiet. We never heard anything up there. Walking up and down the steps got to be pretty tough sometimes, but it was worth the view and the quiet room.

Matt