Default cti - horseback riding

hi all, just wondering what the dress code is for the horseback riding tour. i think i read somewhere you have to wear long pants. is this true or can you wear short.

There is no required dress code. I have been riding for a long time and never would I recommend wearing shorts. You could end up getting saddle burn on your thighs and I am telling you that is not fun. I wore capris and that was good for me. One girl on our trip came dressed for the club, high heels and all. All I am saying is that horse didn't appreciate that!! LOL

If you're talking about the inclusive ride you get when staying at CTI, then whether or not to wear shorts is a non-factor, as you really don't ride so much as walk along a trail. There won't be any saddle burn issues. We wore long pants anyway, but a few others showed up in shorts and there wasn't a problem whatsoever.

However, if you're thinking of doing a private ride where the horses actually gallop along, then the saddle burn issue may indeed occur. Of course when in doubt, play it on the safe side. Better to overcompensate then under I always say.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

thank you. i think i will play it safe and wear jeans.

Anyone recall the time of day horseback riding took place?
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonwalt View Post
    Anyone recall the time of day horseback riding took place?
    It goes out twice on the days it takes place - meaning I'm not sure if horseback riding is a daily activity, but when they do schedule them, it's done twice. The first one goes out a little before 9am, the second one departs about 11am.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Last year hubby said we really didn't need to do the horseback ride as we had done it the previous two trips, so I took out the yoga pants I was taking and then the first trip he books is horseback riding. I rode in shorts, my ankles and lower legs got scratched up, not horribly, but still uncomfortable. I wear athletic shoes for travel, so I had the closed toe shoes. One trip we did a girl came in her swimsuit bottom, t-shirt and flip flops. She struggled to stay on the saddle.
    Vicky

I would wear long pants. You are riding through thick forest and sometimes the horse takes you close to branches, etc. Best to protect your legs. I would go on the 9:00 a.m. ride as it is the first of the day, not too hot, and the horses will be more lively. Bring some $1.00 bills for tipping the guides and a few others along the way. Enjoy.
    Sharon "gravysgal"

Wife and I were TOTALLY fine in shorts on the ride. Unless you are the type who never ventures outdoors, there is no need at all to wear long pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    . . . if you're thinking of doing a private ride where the horses actually gallop along . . . .
    Just so there's no confusion, there is no ride where the horses gallop. Perhaps they might trot a bit, but unless the guide recognizes you to be an experienced rider and allows you to ask the horse for a canter, I wouldn't expect much beyond a walk or trot.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

So how often does the horseback riding go? I read that it is twice a day, but is it daily, or almost everyday, or 2 or 3 times a week? I don't see it listed in the activities for CTI.