Default Any advice on CSA for 1st timers?

We are looking to book a trip to CSA for our first time at a Couples Resort in April 2011. We are looking into the Beachfront Verandah Suites. Has anyone stayed in these rooms that has any information on the room? Also, is booking online ok, or would a travel agent benefit us in anyway? Any tips, tricks, or suggestions would be great! We are so excited, but just have not narrowed it all down yet.

Default tips for newbies

You are going to love CSA. We were there in Feb/March for two weeks and it was lovely. My wife would not go back to the 5 star we visited in Mexico the previous year, but is definately up for returning to CSA in 2011. I posted a feull review in TA. If you find it or pose the same question in TA then feel free to message me and ask away. It is a bit awkward to answer rapidfire question in the couples forum since it takes a full day to post up.
    There are wonderful people in here who will be glad to answer all your questions. They certainly answered all my dumb questions. We stayed in the Beachfront Verandah - in my opinion it is a great choice. The only noise is from the ocean and the sunsets are beautiful. No need to look for a good spot you will have it from your rocking chair on your verandah with a drink in hand!

Have a great time!!

Beyond what time4usnow notes, there is a great search utility on the MB for questions like yours. There are scads of reviews and postings about experiences at the various resorts that can provide you quite a bit of information, and since it appears you're a relative newcomer to the board, it should provide you with instant gratification!

As for how to go about booking, the specials that you see here are generally available through a travel agent. It then becomes a matter of your level of comfort... are you willing to "roll your own" itinerary or do you have a good travel agent you'd rather rely on to navigate all the issues that could come up?

Congratulations on your choice, and good luck with your planning!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We went for our first time last month. We also stayed in a beachfront veranda suite. I booked at cheapcarribean.com and did not have one problem. When anyone asks me how our vacation was, all I can say is Freakin Awsome. You will not want or need for anything while you are there. Might just see you there as we are planning on returning April 11.

mgolueke you are going to have a great time at CSA. We stayed in an Ocean Verandah Suite which is in the row of buildings behind the Beachfront ones. They have the same exact room layout as the beachfront rooms. We saved money and were only in the room to sleep, shower or get changed. There's way too much to do at CSA than sitting on your verandah. If you want to spend time on your verandah I hope you get a first or third floor room for extra money to be worth it. The second floor rooms are level with the foliage and if you are not lucky it will totally block your view of the water.
    My advice for a good time:
    1. Eat breakfast at Patois and have a pizza followed up by the banana stuffed french toast.
    2. Always order soup with your meals...they are awesome.
    3. Park yourselves on the beach by the bar, water sports shack and Sea Grapes Cafe. This way you can have ready access to any of them, especially the food at Sea Grapes. The meals are delicious, we loved noshing on the sweet potato chips and dips with a hummingbird to wash it down...MMMMM.
    4. Immediately sign up for dinners at Lemongrass and Feathers.
    5. Go snorkeling more than once becasue they take you to several locations and one has an old 1700s ship's cannon & anchor which is so cool.
    6. Visit the spa/sports facility across the road. They give great massages at the spa and the sports/workout facilities can't be beat. You can drink a wonderful smoothie after a workout, dip in the lap pool or while watching the big screen tv.
    7. Spend a few evenings with Ultimate Chocolate in the Aura lounge singing and playing name that tune. He's so much fun to hang with.
    Lastly...HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME IN PARADISE!

Tips and tricks? You do know how to relax, don't you?

If I can offer one single piece of advice, I'd say its this. The very last thing you should pack before leaving home, and the very first thing you should unpack on arrival, is a friendly attitude (complete with smile). It takes up NO space in your carryon.
    Chris

Default Beachfront suites

Hi, we just got back on May 10th, stayed in "Beachfront Verandah Suite". We were with friends who stayed in the (older) "Beachfront Suite". Theirs was awesome. Ours was newer, with a TV (who cares), but the verandah was small. Theirs was probably 1.5x larger room and 3x larger corner verandah, beachfront. It was awesome. That is what we are after when we come back next year (which we will for sure!).

cathy -

Good luck with that... can't blame you, though. There are only three of the original Beachfront Suites that are configured like that. Two suites up top and one on the bottom with that gorgeous wrap-around verandah!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

If I can offer one single piece of advice, I'd say its this. The very last thing you should pack before leaving home, and the very first thing you should unpack on arrival, is a friendly attitude (complete with smile). It takes up NO space in your carryon.
    Word.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I agree. The most important ingredient for having the best vacation of your life is YOUR good attitude. Otherwise, you just end up bellyaching on tripadvisor.com

You've got a long time. My advice would be to read these message boards and the TripAdvisor reviews quite frequently. For my trip last month, I was addicted to these boards and picked up a TON of tips, tricks and advice. Heck, I read them so much that by the end I was answering questions people had without even having gone on my trip yet (based on everything I had read right here).

A fine post...spot on