Default CSA - A First Tmer Review - Oh My!

We had 4 nights in CSA and then moved onto Royal Plantation - the reason is for our first time to the Caribbean we wanted to experience as much as possible and so thought 2 hotels would do the trick. The travel was abit much - after flying to NYC from the UK for 3 nights first, then flight from NYC to Jamaica, then drive to CSA and then drive to RP mid way - but worth it I think.

CSA - well - we looked into CSA over a year ago - but were abit woried about some comments some people had made about it being abit... too risky lets say - I did my research on both TA and couples board - and everyone was so helpful from day 1 - first feeling - friendlyness! We booked an ocean verandah and although realised may not get a fab view of the sea we knew we wanted a mini bar in the room and a tv. We wanted a high quality all inclusive - adults only as late 20's and no kids and didn't want to be around running kids etc on holiday.

We were abit worried about Couples beforehand and I would guess even before we got there - because we had never been to the Caribbean or Jamaica and knew no one who had been to a couples. But don't worry - if you are feeling the way we did - you have nothing to fret about. CSA is amazing. From the chilled bubbly and cold clothes given to you when you arrive, to the service, the food, the variety, the beach, the trees, the rooms, the people, the sea and generally everything. Its all perfect!

The only thing I didn't like was when we arrived at Montego Bay ariport - I had ead to tip the baggage people so had cash. We tipped the guy who watched our bag as we had a drink, and he then told us to tip the guy who took the bags to the bus etc. We started to feel a never ending tip list. The guy who took our bags to the van must of walked 1 min to the bus and demanded a tip. He did not put the bags in the van (the driver did) so not sure why tip was needed. We did feel we had to - he stood at the bus entrance with his hand out. We tipped a few dollers. Then because 1 couple did not - he shouted at them in front of a bus of people about why they hadn't tipped him etc and really went on. We felt intimidated to see this and embarrassed for the couple. I think this maybe one off - hopefully - but is something couples should address if use these people. We then had to tip the driver but he was not forceful just mentioned once that tips are welcome. Anyway end of rant!

I burnt terrible the first day we were there and the lovely people near us the next day gave me sympothy and painkillers an were so nice. They were from the US and Canada I think - and it was nice to sit in the same spot under the trees in the shade with them a few days in a row. We had a joke and I was surprised at how nice strangers were - this is something we felt again and again in Jamaica - we were positively surprised at how lovely and friendly the guests and staff were.

The food was lovely - we liked breakfast in both the palms and patois p - also lunch at palms was nice. We loved the live music - these guys are very talented and are better than the evening entertainment we had when we went to Royal Plantation. They are truely fantastic! One day we went for lunch at patios ad ordered but my husband became suddenly ill and we had to leave as he was being sick in the toilets - so we needed to go back to our room (took a few hours and then it passed) I exlained to the staff we culd not wait for food and apologised - but they were so nice - genuinly concerned for my husbands health and even prepared our food and sent it to our room for us! Little touches like that made our stay what I wanted it to be - once in a lifetime! Loved lemongrass and feathers - the food was brilliant at both - loved the shared platter at lemongrass - you must have this. Also at feathers - liked it being air con - tok us a while to find it the first time! The lobster bisque was soooo nice there and the drinks. Service was immpecable.

The beach drink service - fantastic - one guy made me laugh - always joking about the way my brittish accent said "water" - always full of smiles and good drinks!

Beach - beautiful - clean - large - inviting! The sea - out of this world! Shade - was worried about this before went - and never did get a palapa - but the shade from the trees was good - more tropical! Did mean we had to keep moving the loungers though - my bit of excercise haha!

Beach confire - MUST DO! Brilliant pictures and so romantic. Cat trip was OK - wished we had of made the snorkling trip - but did it last day and had to cancle as husband became ill that afternoon so missed it

What else can I say - if you are new to Couples, or to Jamaica - GO!!!! Now - don't worry - you will love everything! Its the only 1 place I have ever visited I want to go back to! So thats saying something! Will advise everyone I know to go - its worth every penny!

One final thing - suggestion really - would be nice if had glasses for sparkling wine drinks etc on the beach as had to have these drinks from tumblers which wasn't the same. Mind you made up for it with the martinis and the drinks from palms! Always quality, always good and not one mosquito bite in site!!! Sprays worked then! As normally I get eaten alive - was so happy not to be covered in red spots!

Thank you CSA for making the holiday what I wished it would be - romantic - worth the money - memorable and treasured! THANK YOU!

Claire & Ady UK

Quote Originally Posted by clairebear View Post

I burnt terrible the first day we were there and the lovely people near us the next day gave me sympothy and painkillers an were so nice. They were from the US and Canada I think - and it was nice to sit in the same spot under the trees in the shade with them a few days in a row. We had a joke and I was surprised at how nice strangers were - this is something we felt again and again in Jamaica - we were positively surprised at how lovely and friendly the guests and staff were.

Claire & Ady UK
    Claire & Ady,
    Glad you so enjoyed your Couples experience, and made it home safely. Welcome to the Couples family. Now you know the reason we keep returning. We were your neighbours on the beach. (the ones with the painkillers). We're just sorry we didn't get your names before you left. Hopefully we'll run into you at CSA once again.

Best regards, cheers,
    Tom & Erin 21x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

You should not have tipped the guy looking after the bags at the Couples lounge. He works for Coulples and should not have accepted it. It is customary to tip the porter and the driver. Glad you had a great time.

Sounds like my dream vacation I tell you that. My future hubby and I will be there and I trully may have to break out the bells to wear, because honey I've waited 35 years for this vacavtion in paridise!!! yeah baby

Hi Tom & Erin!

Ah so glad I could thank you again - we did love couples and am sure we will get back one day!

You guys take care and enjoy your next hol!
    x

Clairebear I'm so glad that you enjoyed CSA as much as we did. I can remember giving you advice on some of your posts. You did seem a tad apprehensive about your trip. Now you know the meaning of the phrase, "once you go, you know!"

Chocklate you're in for an awesome time. My best advice is to relax and treat the staff as you would a friend. Talk to them and they will open up to you like you won't believe. Their smiles are infectious. Enjoy your time in Paradise. CSA rocks!

I would be curious to see your comparison between Couples and RP.

Steveg - you did indeed, seems so long ago. I never thought it would be as good as it was!
    Orv - ive put my rp review on ta - ill seeif i can post the link to it on here. If not look under rp reviews, i think my username is clairebear22. Im not 22 unfortunately but seems to be too many of us outthere haha

It wont let me save and paste the webpage on my iphone
    but its called “First Trip to Jamaica & RP Ticked 99% of the Boxes”

The review is abit lengthy as normal for me and sure there are spelling errors but anything you want to know let me know