Default Restaurants at CTI?

Hello! My hubby and I just booked our Christmas trip to CTI. We’ve been to CSA and CN (twice), but never to CTI, and I’m super excited, though it has to live up to Negril, which will be hard…

I have a question about restaurants. It looks like none of the restaurants at CTI require a more formal dress code (such as Otaheite at CN and Feathers at CSA). 8 Rivers suggests resort casual, and Bayside bills itself as a casual restaurant. Is there no fine dining restaurant here as at the other resorts?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy View Post
    Hello! My hubby and I just booked our Christmas trip to CTI. We’ve been to CSA and CN (twice), but never to CTI, and I’m super excited, though it has to live up to Negril, which will be hard…

I have a question about restaurants. It looks like none of the restaurants at CTI require a more formal dress code (such as Otaheite at CN and Feathers at CSA). 8 Rivers suggests resort casual, and Bayside bills itself as a casual restaurant. Is there no fine dining restaurant here as at the other resorts?

Thanks!
    8 Rivers is CTI's 'formal' restaurant, and I accented formal because there's been a running set of threads of late as to the continuing laxness (is that a legit word?) to the dress codes for all of the formal restaurants in the Couples chain, CTI being no exception. But when we were there last month, just about everyone was dressed per the code. There were a couple of guys with casual footwear (sandals and tennies) that my wife happened to notice in one of our two dinners there, but aside from that, the attire was in line with what you would expect.

Now while Bayside has a more casual dress code, we ate there twice and I thought most people were more gussied up than you would expect without the stricter code in force. Ditto with The Verandah too.

Bottom line: don't let the dress codes in any of CTI's dining establishments deter you and the hub unit from dressing up a bit, if that's what you prefer. The food and service are topnotch there. Enjoy!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

The fine dining restaurant is 8 Rivers. I didn't know it called for casual dress. When we were there (November 2009) you had to be dressed up similiar to Otaheite.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

8 Rivers seems to be where people really get dressed up. How dressy are you wanting?
    Brandi

8 Rivers is the fine dining restaurant. I had read that all the fine dining restaurants at the resorts now state the dress code as "resort attire".
    Vicky