Default Tough decision: CSA vs CN

My wife and I are about to book a trip for December, but are torn between CSA and CN. This will be our first trip to Jamaica, and both resorts sound so wonderful. We love the idea of the atrium room in CSA, and we are strict vegetarians, but the atmosphere of CN seems more like us. I guess I would like to know if CN has vegetarian options and if so, are they limited? We also work out, but on vacation we plan to relax. It woul be nice to have the option.

We have friends that have stayed at CN and absolutely loved it but we hear that CSA is more health centric.

We are just undecided and would like to hear your thoughts on our concerns.

The only note I'd make is that the idea that SweptAway is more "health centric" is fairly outdated. While vegetarian options are easy to come by at their restaurants, its not the norm. I've also seen many posts here in the past that indicate that these options are just as easily accessible at the other resorts.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Depending on the total length of your vacation, why not consider a split stay? It's like having your cake and eating it too, Couples style. Just make sure you're not sacrificing any additional perks or credits that would require a minimum 7 night stay at one resort.

The transfer time between the resorts will be a snap - 5 minute drive tops if I recall. Of course you do have to go thru the rituals of packing/unpacking, checking out/checking in, etc. But if you're that torn, at least you have this option.

Oh and one nice plus if you indeed decide to split your stay. You will become a repeater at the 2nd resort. Crazy as this sounds, it's true. Even tho it's your first trip to Jamaica, you'll have arrived at Couples #2 as a repeat guest, and just so long as you previously signed up for the Romance Rewards (read up on that), you'll be entitled to the 'Young Love' benefits package.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Thanks guys. Since we will have about the same food options, we have booked 7 nights at Couples Negril in a Garden Suite. I think we have made the right decision.

You should sign up for Romance Rewards so you can do a Trading Places over to CSA. I think once you see the property and the Sports Facility you will be really impressed. CN was definitely calling to you and you are gonna have a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by gruven View Post
    Thanks guys. Since we will have about the same food options, we have booked 7 nights at Couples Negril in a Garden Suite. I think we have made the right decision.
    I don't think you would have gone wrong with either selection, but having stayed at CN, even if only for just four nites, I can say without reservation that you should very much enjoy your resort of choice. Have a geat time!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Gruven, I think that you have made the best decision. CN is wonderful and you will love it.

You won't be disappointed with CN. We are leaving the AM of 5/20 for eight wonderful nights. (Our fifth consecutive year). We renewed our vows last year on on the beach on our 30th anniversary and celebrating my retirement and my much younger wife's special birthday this year. It is truly a special place!
    Baxter & Luann

Also CN is the # 2 resort in the Caribbean.
    Baxter & Luann

Quote Originally Posted by gruven View Post
    Congrats!!! Been to both resorts, there's really no wrong decision..I love them both. We are making our third trip to CN this year and we always book the Garden rooms...they're great!! Have fun guys!!!
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

I am a vegetarian and CSA was fab. Seagrapes is my favorite restaurant in the world for lunch. Plus, the sports complex at CSA is the best in Jamaica. Truly. An Olympic sized pool, tennis, basketball, handball courts, a huge gym, a big room for fitness classes, and a juice/smoothie sports bar. Fantastic.

Come visit us at CSA for a day with trading places!!!! We wanted the lush, tropical, rustic, true jamaican feeling, so CSA was our first choice. That is the one that called to us for first timers. We wil be trying CN next year!