Hybrid View

Default Pool life at CN vs. CTI - please compare!

Hello everyone

Just returned in April from split stay between CSA and CN and am
    already planning our next trip. We LOVED CN as it offered us the perfect combination of beach fun and pool fun! I know going into this that the beach at CTI will not compare to that of Negril...and that's fine. I know what to expect and am not going in blind. What I don't have a handle on is how the pool life at CTI compare to that of CN. So...help please! What is the atmosphere around the CTI pool like? Social? Quiet? We tend to spent more time at pools where the swim up bar is located because we like the atmosphere and fun. I get bored at "the quiet pools", just not enough going on to keep me going! So, should I give CTI a try or pay the extra and go back to CN?

As always, thanks for the help!

Cheers,
    Kris
    Kris

I don't think I've ever been in a pool at CTI! The new pool with the swim-up bar seemed pretty happening last Oct.

CTI new pool with swim up bar is what you are looking for. Very social, always a crowd of people having drinks and fun. The Old pool is quieter, if you want to relax. We actually like CTI better. Give it a try I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    Hello everyone

Just returned in April from split stay between CSA and CN and am
    already planning our next trip. We LOVED CN as it offered us the perfect combination of beach fun and pool fun! I know going into this that the beach at CTI will not compare to that of Negril...and that's fine. I know what to expect and am not going in blind. What I don't have a handle on is how the pool life at CTI compare to that of CN. So...help please! What is the atmosphere around the CTI pool like? Social? Quiet? We tend to spent more time at pools where the swim up bar is located because we like the atmosphere and fun. I get bored at "the quiet pools", just not enough going on to keep me going! So, should I give CTI a try or pay the extra and go back to CN?

Cheers,
    Kris
    I recently stayed at both CTI and CN, having enjoyed the pools at each. In fact, when I did my review for CN, I stated that their main pool is like taking the two pools at CTI and merging into them one. So if you had a blast at the CN pool, you will think likewise at CTI.

CTI's main pool is for the most part a bit quieter than its counterpart at CN, if for no other reason than it does not include the swim up bar. However, the main bar is just a few feet away, so not to worry about having access to your favorite drink. However, when there's an activity taking place at the main pool, such as a volleyball game, then it gets quite livelier.

The swim up bar pool on the opposite side is smaller but always active during its hours of operation. One of our fellow regs in here stated it does have a bit of a "Cancun-ish" atmosphere, and frankly he's right. We found the avg age at CTI to be a bit younger than that at CN, and this younger crowd tended to hang at the swim up bar in greater numbers (except for when old farts like me and Rosa showed up). We spent a lot of time there and had a blast.

You asked whether you should stay here or simply return back to CN, where you KNOW you had a great time. Unfortunately, I can't advise because I loved both resorts equally, just loving various facets of one perhaps a bit more than the other, and at the end of it all, they balanced out about equally. It's kind of akin to asking if you love one child more than another. Each has certain qualities that may be a bit better than the other, but you still love them equally.

I can say this much. If you're seeking a social-oriented resort and since you already know the OR beaches aren't quite up to par with the Negril versions, I'm guessing you'd find CTI very, very much to your liking.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Definitely give CTI a try. We have been to CN and loved the pool and swim up area. The new swim up bar at CTI is a blast. The one out on the island is even more fun. We typically stay at the one on the island until it closes and then move the party to the one on shore for an hour or two at least. When the island is closed (on occasion), we hang at the new swin up bar all day. It is always very social when we are there.

I know everyone on here has there favorite place, and while I can't speak for all four resorts, I know we love CTI and CN. I can't help but think that we will love CSS and CSA when we finally make it to those places. While it is certainly important to weigh your decisions, I just don't think you can make a bad choice with any Couples resort.
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Been to both (all 4 actually) and it seems that there is quite a bit of activity at the swim-up at CTI. our room was right over the swim up bar and there seemed to be things going on there till about 7pm. There is also the quieter pool at the other end of the resort. I am not a pool/swim-up pool person and I love the beaches in Negril and have to say that I was not disappointed with the beach at CTI, I was pleasantly surprised with it. We really liked CTI and the staff there was excellent, we are hoping to be able to return there in November.

We've been to both and were at CTI last August. I believe since they added the new pool with the swim up bar that area seemed alot more active and social. I don't think you would be bored at all and the bartenders and staff in general at CTI are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Kissed View Post
    Hello everyone
    What is the atmosphere around the CTI pool like? Social? Quiet? There are three pools on the mainland at CTI. There is an ocean side pool with swimup bar that is where the socializing tends to take place, what used to be the main pool next to the patio, where the servers from the bar will come around. It's a bigger pool, but was quieter when we were there and then there is the plunge pool at the spa. As you can probably guess, this is really quiet. There is also a pool on the AN island which is small, but has a swim up bar and is also social.

So, should I give CTI a try or pay the extra and go back to CN? Only you can make that decision. If you really don't like CTI, you can always request a transfer.

Cheers,
    Kris
    We love CTI and have our 4th trip booked for July 2010 & rth for 2011.
    Vicky

I would try CTI. CN may always be your favorite, but I'm a huge fan of trying other resorts. You'll won't be disappointed.

We spilt our trip this year between CN and CTI...our second trip to CN and first to CTI. We were there end of January, beginning of Feb....anyway I actually think the pool bar at CN is more active. Just like others have said, the main pool is super quiet. There were a couple of days I was in there all by myself! Everyone simply sunbathes...and it can be a bit of a challenge sometimes finding a lounger. I just made my hubby go get one from the beach...or the staff will of course be more than happy to do so. As far as the new swim up bar...again, pretty quiet when we were there. People tend to stake out their chairs and actually stay in them ALL day. CN has many more chairs around the pool and with the beach right there it really you have plenty of choices. I was also one of the only people bringing the floaty into the pool, but once I did, more people decided to give it a try. Beware they don't put the blue in their Miami Vice's in CTI but other than that I think you will love the bartenders just as much