Default stocked fridge at css??

After reading several posts, I am getting the impression CSS does not stock alcohol in your fridge in the room. I thought all that was included in the price of the trip?? Am I reading things wrong or is this something I have to request after I arrive? I am not much of a beer drinker so really not looking forward to that being my only beverage of choice while relaxing on my veranda. Any advice from the ones who have already been there???

Thanks
    Lisa

Default Don't Worry

When we arrived in our room at CSS the mini-bar was stocked with pineapple juice, orange juice, Coke Light, Coke, Carib Beer, Ginger Beer, bottled water and Ting. There may have been mor, maybe soda water and tonic, too. You will have to fill out a form requesting your next day's supplies and that can include your rum, vodka, etc. We had to wait until the following day after check-in to receive our bottle of rum.

It used to be that when you'd check in, there would be three or four full bottles of hard liquor in the room. My guess is that this resulted in inventory issues (the resort is quite small). Now, when you check in, you may or may not have a bottle or two in the room, but you will get a card to check on which products you want to have stocked. Your particular "stockperson" may or may not be strict about the stated limits (something along the lines of one bottle of hard liquor a day, I think, with a couple beers, some water and some soda), but even if that's the case and you would like more, you can call room service or just bring something back with you from the bar, etc.

Again, I don't think that they're trying to be "cheap," but between four bars, 150 rooms and 300 guests, it doesn't seem to make logistic sense to have that much alcohol (or water or soda) spread out and potentially unused.

The mini-fridges do include alcohol, but they let you pick which alcohol you want in your mini-bar. You are allowed (if I remember correctly) 2 bottles of alcohol of your choosing. And they are full size bottles (like in a bar) not the mini size that are found in hotel rooms. All of this is included in the cost of your room. No need to pull out the wallet.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

You will have a bottle of rum, vodka, scotch, and I think gin in your room. If you want something else, you can request it as long as it's a reasonable request. If you ask for a bottle of somthing like Martell XO cognac, you won't get it.
    You will also have a pretty good supply of various mixers in the fridge too. There will also be wine. Enjoy CSS, it's fantastic!!

Lisa,
    When we were there in 2007 we had 5 bottles on top of the fridge. We had mixers, water and beer in the fridge and it was refilled every day.
    I hope they didn't change this as we return home to CSS in 60 days.
    If you do not have what you want all you have to do is call room service and I am sure they will provide it for you.We also like to have a drink (MAYBE A COUPLE) while we are getting ready for the evening.

Enjoy!

Ours was stocked (we were in a penthouse suite).
    Vodka, Rum, etc. I dont drink beer either.

But on the other hand ..... we were not in our room much at all.
    There was ALWAYS alcohol in the bars .

KruznSusan and Stan

We were there last week and there were sodas, mixers and beer in the fridge. We filled out a form at check-in saying what liquor we wanted (they said we could have as many as we wanted, think we ended up w/four) and it was put in the room w/in a few hours.

Thanks for all the replys!! This really helped and I can't wait for my first trip to CSS!!!

Lisa

What is the name of the gin that y'all get in the fridge?
    Thanks!

Anyone?

I just looked at a picture of the liquor bottles in our room last month & the gin is: somethingCRIST London Dry Gin. The letters before CRIST are covered by the pink sticker they put on the bottles there. I don't drink gin, so not sure what the brand would be.

Jackie

Thanks, Jackie!

Quote Originally Posted by blueizzntx View Post
    After reading several posts, I am getting the impression CSS does not stock alcohol in your fridge in the room. I thought all that was included in the price of the trip?? Am I reading things wrong or is this something I have to request after I arrive? I am not much of a beer drinker so really not looking forward to that being my only beverage of choice while relaxing on my veranda. Any advice from the ones who have already been there???

Thanks
    Lisa
    ....When we arrived at CN last Fall, the fridge was stocked with juices and soft drinks; no liquor. This was rectified the next day after filling out the "Request Card". On the other hand, my daughter's room had 3 bottles of liquor when they arrived in their room.