Default Little worried about a 13 day stay at CSS

Hi, I'm a little worried about a stay we have booked for 13 days at CSS in Aug. We have been reading the message board and the TA posts and it seems like no one books more then 10 days. My worry is about if we are going to get bored. I have also notice that most of the people that go there spend most of there time at the SSB. I'm not saying anything is wrong with that. Were just not into that. I guess my question is should we change over to CN. We don't want to do any kind of split. We went to CN in 08 and had a great time and we were there for 11 days without getting bored. Do you think we will have the same luck at CSS.

...we once stayed for 19 days! A little too long perhaps? I think 13 will be fine if you just want to chill out...

We always stay for two weeks at Couples and its never ong enough! Our trip to CSS in 2009 flew by (we didnt even get around to visiting Dunns!).

There are lots of people who go for 2 weeks, especially Europeans. There are lots of things to do both on property and off property. You won't get bored. Also, there are lots of people who do not go to SSB, you won't be the only ones on the textile beach. Stop worrying, you will have a fabulous time at CSS just like you did at CN.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We've booked our fourth (and fifth) trip to CSS for 8 days, but that's only because my husband's business doesn't really allow us the luxury of being away longer. I can't personally imagine being bored at CSS.

We've met plenty of couples who are there for 14+ days (even a few for over a month), but they do tend to be European and generally have more vacation time. Couples from across the pond also seem to be underrepresented on the message boards.

I think the people who frequent SSB tend to be a bit overrepresented on the message boards. While we do tend to spend most of our time at SSB, I'd say it's usually near an equal split between the two beach areas.

It's true that CSS has the fewest rooms on the largest property. So in that sense, you have plenty of places to go off by yourself if you want. However, there are plenty of people who like to socialize, as well, and during the day you can find plenty of people at the pool bar and, in evening, at the main bar.

I think it's what you make it. There is plenty to do, whether it's socializing, lazing around the pool/beach, walking around the grounds, planned activities, tennis, golf, watersports, spa, etc. It usually takes people a good couple of days just to explore around the grounds, and even after that, you'll likely wander into some secluded nook you didn't know existed.

If you've never been to the north side of the island, I'd highly recommend going. Dunn's River Falls, though touristy, is very fun and pretty and definitely something to see/do (and it's included). There are also other nearby excursions (not included) that might be rather difficult to get to from Negril (swimming with the dolphins, rafting, ziplining, bobsled, dog-sledding).

Obviously only you can make the decision, but I'd say to go with your original plan. I know I always second-guess (and third-guess and fourth-guess) myself on everything, but I don't think you'll be sorry.

My husband and I only WISH we could stay that long !! ..... I dont think that we would get bored and we didnt stay on the SSB.

KruznSusan and Stan

Quote Originally Posted by KruznSusan View Post
    My husband and I only WISH we could stay that long !! ..... I dont think that we would get bored and we didnt stay on the SSB.

KruznSusan and Stan
    Absolutely!
    Hi Paul...Michele here!

You mean there is another beach at CSS other than SSB?
    ... it keepsh me shane

Unlike everyone else who replied, I can see why you're concerned.

We go for two weeks but we go outon day trips, so hopefully you plan to do that as well. I see you said you're not interested in trying two resorts - but what about at least trying a few days at Tower Isle? Even though it's only a few minutes away, it's very different from Sans Souci.
    We love Sans Souci, but being beach people who prefer Negril, a week there would be enough for me.

Well this past January we did 7 at CN and 5 at Tower Isle... I could have stayed at both longer! Don't forget as a repeater you can do a day pass at CTI...plus there are plenty of excursions on that side. You will be fine! Next year we are booked for 10 days all at CN. If we could stay longer next year, we would have probably split between CN and CSS because CSS looks stunning!!

Oh and I think the record is a couple that were at CN in January when we were there. I believe they were from Switzerland...they weren't super social. They had spent a week at CN in 2009 and this year had arrived beginning of January and weren't leaving until end of March!!!! The gentleman didn't even drink.

We also know someone that goes several times a year...not to an AI, but still, if you can stay in Jamaica for that long I say go for it!!

I'm with WandA in that you should consider a split stay at CTI for say 4 or 5 of those days. This way you won't mess up any credits for CSS, if applicable, requiring a minimum 7 nite stay. The transfer will be a snap, it's only a several minute drive between the two resorts, so you won't spend a lot of time on the road. At the very least, as previously suggested, do the TP and visit CTI for one day. That will help diversify your trip a bit. Regardless of what you decide, have a ball in paradise!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We are getting married at CSS, spending a total of 4 days there, then transferring to CTI for 3 more days. Gives us the opportunity to try both places, and all the included excursions without a long trip between resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Absolutely!
    Hi Paul...Michele here!
    Hey there! How are ya. Are y'all still going to CSS in Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by asmos101 View Post
    Hi, I'm a little worried about a stay we have booked for 13 days at CSS in Aug. We have been reading the message board and the TA posts and it seems like no one books more then 10 days. My worry is about if we are going to get bored. I have also notice that most of the people that go there spend most of there time at the SSB. I'm not saying anything is wrong with that. Were just not into that. I guess my question is should we change over to CN. We don't want to do any kind of split. We went to CN in 08 and had a great time and we were there for 11 days without getting bored. Do you think we will have the same luck at CSS.
    ....Doubt you'll get bored. And there is always off resort excursions.

Quote Originally Posted by asmos101 View Post
    Hey there! How are ya. Are y'all still going to CSS in Aug.
    No too bad. Real busy. Keeping my eye on the prize for Aug Hubby finally made reservations. I do all the planning..lol
    How are y'all?
    Tell Diana I said, hi!

Here is what I wrote in August, 2010 meet up thread...

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showpos...7&postcount=20

btw...did y'all end up doing the zip lining?

I'd kill for 13 days at CSS! Relax and enjoy!