Default Ocean Rooms at CSA ... Answers please!

Hi there,

This is my first posting and would be grateful for an answer from those seasoned travellers that frequent CSA!

I have recently booked a week's holiday in late June to CSA to celebrate both my and my Husband's joint 40th birthdays. I was told by the Virgin Holidays Travel Agent that an Ocean Verandah Suite was one of the best rooms that could be booked at the resort. I know that the better the ocean view for my husband, the better the experience, but I have seen on Trip Advisor that some of the Ocean Verandah Suites only have partial views of the ocean. Is this your experience?

Thanks in advance.

The Ocean Verandahs sit behind the Beach Front Verandahs.

Beach fronts are the best views. Ocean front is the behind the BF and have a somewhat partial view.

If View is important, the "best" rooms at Swept Away are

Beachfront Verandah Suites
    Beachfront Suites
    Greathouse Jacuzzi Suites

Ocean Verandah Suites are in 4 buildings ( 12-13-14-15) which are partially blocked from the sea by the 4 Beachfront Verandah Suites buildings (42-32-44-45 ) ....as you can see on this map...so no, there is no guarantee of a clear view and even so, you are looking PAST or THROUGH the areas where the Beachfront buildings are...

http://images.jontara.multiply.com/a...Dec%202006.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells View Post
    . . . . I was told by the Virgin Holidays Travel Agent that an Ocean Verandah Suite was one of the best rooms that could be booked at the resort. I know that the better the ocean view for my husband, the better the experience, but I have seen on Trip Advisor that some of the Ocean Verandah Suites only have partial views of the ocean. Is this your experience?
    Check out the panoramic view for CSA to locate the general area of an ocean room. You can see that there is an entire row of room blocks in front of the ocean rooms.

The betters rooms for views are the beachfront suites, beachfront verandah suites, and Great House Jacuzzi suites.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Tru 'dat.

Some rooms will have a partial view due to the lush tropical plant life the blesses CSA. Be aware though, even if your view is partially blocked you will still be only a very short distance from the beach, literally just a few yards from the sand. If the view is critical and your budget can bare the cost, a Beach Front room may be your preferred room type. But I think if you stick to the Ocean Verandah room you will be very happy with it and CSA.

Have a great trip, you will love CSA.

For the money, the beachfront and beachfront verandah suites, are as close as you are going to get to the beach at practically any other resort. Even inb these rooms, the view of the ocean may be partially blocked by a palm tree or two. However, the view is still heavenly. The Ocean Verandah suites can be hit or miss with the view of the Caribbean. If you feel you would be disappointed by a limited view of the Sea, then go for the beachfront or beachfront verandah rooms. Notice that the "Ocean" rooms are not "Ocean View" rooms.