Default Hire a photographer?

We are getting married at CSA 11/6/2010 at sunset. Part of our package includes a photographer. I have read different things about outside photographers and seen many pictures. I was wanting more feedback about the on site photographer & would love to see some pictures too.
    Thanks!

The photographers the resort uses are ok. They do a decent job but they don't edit the photos at all, not even to even out exposure or straiten them. Some of our photos are underexposed, some overexposed, many crooked, our skin is a weird unnatural color, etc. To many people out photos are probably pretty good looking but they could sure be a lot (LOT!)better. I really notice the difference as I am a photographer myself. I tried to get a few different photographers but since we did a last minute vow renewal I wasn't able to get one in time. The outside photographers you can hire will actually take time to process the photos and make sure everything is perfect. It would definitely be worth the extra money.

I was very happy with my photos from the resort. I guess if you are having a big reception and showing them on a slideshow maybe invest in an outside photographer. We showed ours to friends then they just sat in the book in a drawer so I am glad we didnt spend the extra money!

We were married at CSA before they charged for using an outside photographer. So we used an ouside photographer and were SO happy we did! I would spend the $500 in a heart beat. But... it all depends how important photos are to you. For us they were a way to capture forever that once in a lifetime event. They turned out amazing and creative and artistic (and I do not consider myself at all photogenic. I like to be behind the camera) They're at a level of professionalism you can only get from true pros. We made a slideshow and photobooks to give out to close family who couldn't be there. They loved it. I still go and look back at our wonderful photos and remember the special day.... <sigh>

If you want to see them and get more info about who we used, contact me. Can we PM here? I've only ever posted.

Chaseann- we are getting married at CSA on Nov 5th! The pictures were very important to me because I always want to look back on our special day and how beautiful it was....I have always dreamed of my wedding pictures. I am using Misha Earle...I love, love, LOVE her work! It's pretty expensive to get an outside photographer but I think it's worth it. I have seen the resort pictures and they are fine...a little cheesy in my opinion. They use the same poses for everyone and I heard it's a little rushed. We paid for Misha to spend at least 4 hours with us. The resort fee is built into her fees.
    We should meet up while we're out there!

jamaicanmecrazy- Who did you use? Do you have any pictures that you can share?

Quote Originally Posted by gish24 View Post
    Chaseann- we are getting married at CSA on Nov 5th! The pictures were very important to me because I always want to look back on our special day and how beautiful it was....I have always dreamed of my wedding pictures. I am using Misha Earle...I love, love, LOVE her work! It's pretty expensive to get an outside photographer but I think it's worth it. I have seen the resort pictures and they are fine...a little cheesy in my opinion. They use the same poses for everyone and I heard it's a little rushed. We paid for Misha to spend at least 4 hours with us. The resort fee is built into her fees.
    We should meet up while we're out there!

jamaicanmecrazy- Who did you use? Do you have any pictures that you can share?

We got married back in April and used Misha...awesome! I thought 3 hours of pics would take forever but that wasn't the case what so ever...we had a blast and still talk about our wedding and her. Since it was only my wife and I for our wedding it was nice that Misha sat with us and enjoyed some of our wedding cake. She was really busy in April so we haven't received our pics yet but this was not a surprise as she told us from the get go how long it would take. Wish you the best and congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNDeb View Post
    We got married back in April and used Misha...awesome! I thought 3 hours of pics would take forever but that wasn't the case what so ever...we had a blast and still talk about our wedding and her. Since it was only my wife and I for our wedding it was nice that Misha sat with us and enjoyed some of our wedding cake. She was really busy in April so we haven't received our pics yet but this was not a surprise as she told us from the get go how long it would take. Wish you the best and congrats!!!
    ChrisNDeb- When you get your pictures back I would love to see them! Has she give you any at all yet? She told me that she could have about 50 of my top shots for my reception which is two weeks later. If you have any to share, please send them to me at gish24@hotmail.com
    Thanks!

Hi chaseann & gish24
    We were married at CTI back on 3/12/10 and we hired Misha Earle to be our photographer. I can't even imagine using anyone else! She really exceeded all of our expectations and our photos are wonderful! We still talk about her all the time as she was such a warm and fun person to be around. Our 3 hours with her went by so quickly. We have awesome memories and now beautiful photos to remember our special day.

Misha will do an outstanding job for you. If you'd like to see some of our pictures, reply to this message with you email and I'll send some to you.

Thanks!
    Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Hi chaseann & gish24
    We were married at CTI back on 3/12/10 and we hired Misha Earle to be our photographer. I can't even imagine using anyone else! She really exceeded all of our expectations and our photos are wonderful! We still talk about her all the time as she was such a warm and fun person to be around. Our 3 hours with her went by so quickly. We have awesome memories and now beautiful photos to remember our special day.

Misha will do an outstanding job for you. If you'd like to see some of our pictures, reply to this message with you email and I'll send some to you.

Thanks!
    Joanne
    Please send me your pictures gish24@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Hi chaseann & gish24

Thanks!
    Joanne

Hi Joanne...we are getting married at CN on Feb. 22, 2011 & we also hired Misha. After looking at a couple other photographers, it was not a difficult decision. We love her work, especially her candid shots. We have a 3 hour session scheduled with her & can't wait. I would love to see some of your pics. Congratulations on your wedding!
    Danielle.R.RN@gmail.com
    BTW...this will be our first time at a Couples resort, we would welcome any advice you are willing to offer
    Thank you!!!
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Magenta"]Danielle
    First Date 8-28-2009
    Engaged 5-22-2010
    To Be Wed 2-22-2011

Hi jamaicanmecrazy,

I am getting married at CSA in April, 2011. Can you tell me who you used as your photographer? I am considering getting an outside photographer as well but would like info on who others have used. You can email me at sarabethsawyer@yahoo.com. Thanks so much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by bridetobepatterson View Post
    Hi jamaicanmecrazy,

I am getting married at CSA in April, 2011. Can you tell me who you used as your photographer? I am considering getting an outside photographer as well but would like info on who others have used. You can email me at sarabethsawyer@yahoo.com. Thanks so much for your help!
    Check out the wedding forum. A TON of information on this there.