Default I loved CSA....BUT........

We loved CSA when we went 3 years ago....the beach....atmosphere....service...we'd like to plan a trip to Jamaica to celebrate my husbands and mine 50th birthdays January 2011, but I really dislike going to the same place twice, no matter how great.

My question is what other Couples resort would be a good one to try next? We definitely like a nice beach, romantic atmosphere and would love a slightly more luxurious updated room with a great ocean view in close proximity to the beach. I felt our Verandah suite at CSA was nice, but a little sparse in decor and moldy in areas.

Also, if anyone can PM me with a name of a great TA with good prices I'd appreicate.

thanks!

JLJRN - I highly recommend CSS, and book a beachfront jacuzzi suite. You don't get the long beach like there is at CSA, but you do get the most romantic resort in Jamaica, along with the best staff. The BFJS front onto the ocean, and they are nicely decorated. Send us an e-mail pellis4@cogeco.ca and we'll send you some pictures and answer any questions you may have!
    (Karen&Paul)

We had been to CSA, and decided to try CSS last year. At CSS, we had a beachfront room with a very nice view of the Sea, although it is nowhere NEAR as close to the beach at the beachfront rooms at CSA. The room was definitely a step up from the more rustic rooms at CSA. There is a double sink in the bathroom, and a separate jacuzzi tub from the shower stall. The separate seating area is also nice for relaxing. However, one of the reasons why we went back to CSA this year, is that the balconies in this room category are relatively small - no room for a lounger, for example. You might want to look at the Penthouse suite rooms at CSS. They have large balconies, although they are not quite as close to the beach.

I would have to say Couples Negril. Very Romantic, excellent beach, lush, tropical grounds, service second to none and just an overall wonderful experience.

I would say to upgrade from the basic room category. The standard rooms are in need of some TLC. They are very clean & functional though.

Not sure what you are looking for in a room. All of the Couples resort rooms are decorated to reflect Jamaica, which isn't marble and glitz. CN rooms are very bohemian, CTI are recently renovated and felt like a breath of Spring air to me, light and airy, CSS rooms would be the closes to 'fancy', but still not glitz and glamor.

CN is the only other Couples resort that is on a long beach were you can talk walks. CTI's & CSS's beaches are in small coves.

The best rooms (in my opinion) at CSS are the ones up on the cliffs. They have incredible views of the ocean, but are not steps away from the beach. For steps away from the beach you would need a Beachfront Jacuzzi Suite, which is nice, but has a small balcony.

Any of the Oceanview rooms at CTI have incredible views, but the buildings are like high-rise hotels and there aren't any that are steps away to the beach.

The Beachfront Suites at CN are the ones closes to the beach and are steps away, but do not have a dead-on view of the ocean as all buildings are set at an angle.

For the most romantic, CSS wins hands down. The place is amazing. Lush vegetation with winding trails with surprises around each corner. Simply beautiful and it is the largest resort with the fewest rooms so it feels like you have the place to yourself and you are treated like royalty.

We also love CN, but for romance and a nicer room I'd pick CSS.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I'm not really looking for a 'glitzy" room, just a more luxurious plush setting with a decor that appeals to me. I want to like CSS for the beautiful grounds, but the colonial style furnishings and blue & white color scheme remind me of 'gramma's bedroom', CN rooms certainly are bright and artsy looking, but don't have a romantic feel. The CTI rooms I agree are fresh and airy but I wouldn't want to stay in a high-rise like setting. The look that appeals to me most is something like the rooms at Royal Plantation-dark wood 4 poster canopy beds-flowing white linens-ceiling fans (their prices are a little out of budget). Most people probably don't give a hoot about their room furnishings half as much as me but I tend to be a 'roomie' so the room atmosphere is an important part of the whole experience. Our CSA room was nice but had a moldy bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by JLJRN View Post
    We loved CSA when we went 3 years ago....the beach....atmosphere....service...we'd like to plan a trip to Jamaica to celebrate my husbands and mine 50th birthdays January 2011, but I really dislike going to the same place twice, no matter how great.

My question is what other Couples resort would be a good one to try next? We definitely like a nice beach, romantic atmosphere and would love a slightly more luxurious updated room with a great ocean view in close proximity to the beach. I felt our Verandah suite at CSA was nice, but a little sparse in decor and moldy in areas.

Also, if anyone can PM me with a name of a great TA with good prices I'd appreicate.

thanks!
    We had the same issue. We want to go somewhere else, but I chose the opposite route. I want to go to the Ocho side, but the beach at CSA/CN are just too good to go anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by JLJRN View Post
    . . . . [T]he colonial style furnishings and blue & white color scheme [at CSS] remind me of 'gramma's bedroom.' CN rooms . . . .don't have a romantic feel . . . . . I wouldn't want to stay in a high-rise like setting [at CTI]. The look that appeals to me most is something like the rooms at Royal Plantation-dark wood 4 poster canopy beds-flowing white linens-ceiling fans (their prices are a little out of budget) . . . .
    It doesn't sound like Couples offers what you're looking for. Hope you find a resort that can give you what you want at a price you can afford.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).