Default Our wedding at CTI 5/8/10

During the planning stages of our wedding, I checked this message board a lot trying to get an idea of what our wedding at CTI might be like. So, in an effort to hopefully help other brides who might be wondering, here is my review of our experience:

We arrived at CTI at about 5:30 in the evening and the coordinator Latoya was already gone for the day. At check in we received a note she had left notifying us of our time to meet with her the next day to go over all of the details for our wedding. We met with her the day after we arrived, and she was so nice, and VERY accomodating! We had several elements we wanted to incorporate into our wedding and she reassured us that everything could be worked in, no problem. She made my hair and nail appointments for me during that meeting (and my husband's also, since he wanted his hair freshly cut for the wedding) Latoya also helped us decide on the flowers and the wedding set up. We had also requested to have a pre-wedding celebration dinner with our guests and between Debbie Hall and Latoya they made it happen. We had reservations at The Verandah on Friday night. They were also able to make reservations for our "reception" dinner on Saturday at Eight Rivers. Both restaurants were set up really nice. At the Verandah they took the regular menu and customized it for our event with our names and had it at each place setting, making for a keepsake for us and our guests. The food was really good at both places too!

On the day of our wedding, I met with Tracia for my hair and nail appointments, and she did an amazing job. I was not sure how I wanted my hair done, only that I wanted it up because of the humidity and when she was done I could not believe how good it looked! She also did my makeup (using my own makeup products) and did a great job.

We hired Diana Campbell and we are SO pleased with her work! She and her son Richard were great. She actually showed up a little early and was able to get some photos and video of me in the salon. They also took photos of me getting ready, and of my guy before the wedding too. To anyone who is still looking for a photographer-we would definitely recommend Digital Memories and Diana and Richard. She was very reasonable and very willing to work with us to provide photos and video within our budget.

When it was time for our wedding, Latoya called up to our room and told me it was time, and I walked down. I hid behind a bush while the music cued, and then it was time! All I can say is that the scene was beautiful! We were married by the sea wall, near the swim up bar. Awesome views of the water from this location! After our ceremony and the signing of the documents (which lasted maybe 15-20 minutes) we enjoyed the cake and champagne reception, which was also really nice. We had a three layer cake, with the vanilla and Jamaican fruit flavors, and it was good. We did not get to eat much of it because we had to go take pics around the property with Diana, but they boxed it up and brought it to our room so it was there later that night. They also left a bottle of champagne and a fruit and cheese plate later that night, along with our "Just Married" t-shirts.

We spent maybe an hour and a half or so taking photos at different spots on the property with Diana and Richard. We are not models but they made us feel like we were! They made us comfortable and encouraged us to just have a good time.

Here is a link to a slideshow of just SOME of the photos Diana and Richard took: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1fRNXyWA7I

In all, we had a really positive experience with our wedding and our entire trip to CTI. We liked it so much we are getting ready to book a trip back next year. If anyone has any questions, just let me know and I will gladly answer if I can, based on my experience there! Thanks!

Gorgeous wedding, congratulations! I do have one question, I love how in the pictures of the ceremony it's just the two of you. Most of the pics I've seen have the minister also in the picture, which isn't so bad, except that they're usually talking and their expressions aren't the greatest. Did you request this? Where did he stand during the ceremony?

Default Congrats!!!

Thank you for sharing your special day with us! Your review was AWESOME and so informative! Your pictures were beautiful and you guys LOOKED like MODELS!!!! I have a question. Since you only spent an hour with the photographer was the price pro-rated? Or was it still full price? Thank you agian for your wonderful review and pictures! CONGRATS and may you two be happily blessed for ever!!!! -Jamie&Craig

peace & LOVE
    Jamie and Craig

What a beautiful bride! Love your dress! Congratulations!!

beautiful, love your dress!!

Congrats!!! Yoou were married right after us, we had ours there on the beach May 3rd.
    we also used Diana and Richard..and I cannot say enough. i have posted a few other times about our experience with them. I Love your slide show..and mine is perfect also..

We are also booking next year too..LOVED our stay and the people there!

You looked Beautiful!

Mary

Thank-you so much for sharing your story! Your photographs are lovely. I've been reading these boards for days, we're considering marrying at CTI about the same time next year. Congrats, I hope married life is treating you well.