Thread: Cti

Default Cti

Ok, me and my husband are headed to CTI on tomorrow. I have been looking forward to this vacation for a while but for some reason I am a little nervous. This will be my first time out of the country and my stomach is turning. Hope I feel better in the morning. For some reason I am really nervous about the food, my husband and I are kind of steak and potatoe people. Does CTI offer steak, if so what cuts?

Nervous about the food???? you are from Tennesse...I have been to Tennesse and seen the things y'all eat, how can you be nervous? JUST KIDDING!!!!

While at CTI, arrange to eat at 8 Rivers. Order the steak there....without a doubt, one of the best I have ever had and I have been fortunate enough to travel the world. The food at CTI is.....well, I would like to use words like outstanding, phenomenal, a truly delightful culinary experience, but those only sell short the truth about the food. It is so far past any description. There are so many choices at every meal and in three previous trips, I have still not found anything that I did not like.

While I respect the fact that you two are meat and potatos kind of people, I would STRONGLY encourage you to allow your adventurous side to sneek out a little and sample other things. I am not saying you have to load your plate down, but a taste here and a taste there may allow you to find something you have been missing. I can tell you there are things that we eat (fruit, vegetables, etc.) in Jamaica that we can't find in Texas.

That being said, I would think most of your nervousness is from leaving the country for the first time. Like Bob Marley says "Everyting gonna be alright, Mon!!!" You will find that the Jamaican people are fantastic hosts who will cater to your every need and desire.

Go, relax, enjoy, have fun, and soak it all in. you are in for the time of your life!!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

I think it's human nature to suddenly develop second thoughts about the cuisine when you're soon heading to a different country for the first time, so it's quite understandable, especially when you are self described 'meat & potatoes' people.

Billy covered the food subject pretty well and I agree that this is a perfect opportunity to try something a bit out of your comfort zone. Hey, it's already paid for, so if you don't like what you ordered at one of the ala carte restaurants or selected at the buffet, get something else that you are more familiar with. Above all, relax and enjoy - you're soon going to be ridiculously spoiled.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

You have nothing to be worried about. I think it was the beef wellington at 8 Rivers that was amazing. And I'm from Nebraska, the home of Omaha Steaks, so I know good meat.

This is one of the advantages of going to an all inclusive resort. If you order an entree and try it and don't like it, just order another entree. It's not like you have to pay for it.

Enjoy your trip! We'll be there in 15 days and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!
    KBD

Kristin and Brian