Hybrid View

Default cti - nature walk

hi all,

i read somewhere cti has a nature walk. can anyone tell me about it? how long? where they go (on or off property) what you see?

The nature walk stays entirely on the property, but I thought it was pretty cool. Your guide will point out all the different plants, trees, and other foliage that are grown on the property. He'll also take you to their small greenhouse where a lot of plants, including a number of different orchids, are grown. One word of caution. Early on in the walk he'll point out this shrub containing a whole bunch of these tiny, innocent looking red peppers, and he'll offer one for you to taste. He'll also advise that they are hot. Let me tell you, that is the understatement of understatements! It's like a habenero on steroids! So don't say you weren't warned.

If you prefer to go off property, there is also a power walk that takes place about the same time as the nature walk. My wife opted for that one instead. The guide takes you across the road and up into the hills where there are homes and such. She liked it a lot.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Oh my goodness Ron, that's so funny about the habenero on steriods.

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    Oh my goodness Ron, that's so funny about the habenero on steriods.
    It would have been even funnier if only I wasn't dumb enough to take a bite!
    Ron

Was it a Scotch bonnet pepper by any chance?
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Was it a Scotch bonnet pepper by any chance?
    If it was, it was a super small version, at least based on my limited experience with those. The only scotch bonnets I've ever seen resemble miniature versions of bell peppers, as far as the shape of the pepper itself goes. Shapewise, these little suckers looked like tiny jalapenos. Now if that actually describes what really is a scotch bonnet, then that's what I bit into. I'm just not sure, by no means am I a pepper expert.

Oh and Vicky, no one has ever credited me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post

Oh and Vicky, no one has ever credited me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    Hey, my hubby learned the hard way to not gragle with 150 Overproof, no matter how sore your throat is.
    Vicky

Okay, so Ron hasn't seen the numerous shows that have told us that the smaller the pepper, the hotter. Okay that I aside, I did the power walk when I was at CTI and I plan to go again this summer. It was about an hour and left at I think about 8:00. Great exercise, great sight seeing.
    Vicky