Default We're hooked...home for less than a month and going back

I have to admit that I was extremely curious about Couples Negril prior to our visit last month, because I had been reading the message board for weeks. I could not believe it could be as great as everyone said, but it is! We returned on 4/25/2010 and have already booked a trip to stay for nine days in December.

Our trip last month was our fifth time to Negril, but it was our first time at a Couples Resort. We had stayed at one other AI and three other non AI resorts. Here's what I loved about Couples. There are so many things included: the free snorkeling, scuba diving, catamaran trip, etc. If you were paying for these, you would spend a fortune. Carolyn at the water sports hut was a doll...so sweet, so helpful, such a beautiful spirit.

The other AI where we stayed previously was very nice. We had a great time. But, here is the difference I noticed at Couples. The staff do their jobs "happily" without ever making you think you should tip them. No worries about tipping is advertised by many, but it was really true at Couples.

The food is wonderful. I loved the Lychee martini. Who knew before Jamaica what a lychee was? Not me. And honestly, I had never heard it on my previous trips there. But, this little fruit is delicious. The food at Lychee is great. The food at the main dining room is great. The food at Otaheite is great. We did not get a chance to eat at the Italian restaurant, but that will just give us something new to try when we return.

And let's talk about the beach grill. What wonderful jerk chicken. The Rasta who was preparing the food...I wish I could remember his name...was so great. He prepared a healthy lunch for me one day making some adjustments to the published menu and did it all with a wonderful smile. I loved him!

And the incredible part of all of it is that this resorts sits on such a gorgeous beach. One day I put on my earphones and walked down the beach at sunset listening to my favorite Jah Cure song. I felt like I was floating in a cloud of absolute loveliness. The view is breathtaking!

Couples...you really know how to do things right! You deserve all the praise you receive. We cannot wait to return and hope to make this our home away from home every chance we get.

I do have one question...we forgot to register into the repeater club while we were there. I believe I understood that you are required to do while at the resort. Can anyone confirm? Will we be able to be considered repeaters in December?

Thanks to everyone who posted all the wonderful comments about the resort. You were all "spot on".

You don't have to register while at the resort. You can go ahead and register now. Then just send a note on your previous travel date and they will be credited to your account.

Look on the left hand side of the page and look for "Romance Rewards". Click the link and it will take you to the registration page as well as give you the email to send your request into.

We also love CN and the Lychee Martini!!! I could drink a million of those. We went to Lychee 3 times during our last stay just so I could get another Lychee Martini.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Gingerlady, Ditto. Couples has hooked us too. Our hearts desire is CSA on 7 mile but we totally get you! Actually, we find ourselves discussing & planning our next return home while we're still @ CSA (smile)! Unfortunately for us, we were planning another trip home this December but can't return to CSA until April 2011(an entire year from our last trip) since I had to have surgery upon our return home and are paying off medical bills the insurance didn't cover... Bummer for us but we've been so fortunate w/all our visits to Couples we can't grumble. Gotta pay the man before we enjoy. Am glad you found your home in CN. It's a lovely bit of heaven... Razzl

Nice review. Thank you for your contribution gingerlady. We went for our second trip to CN in April. We were worried it was as great as we remembered from our trip in April '09. It was as great and we actually enjoyed our second visit home so much that we bookd our April '11 trip to CN less than 2-weeks after we got back to the north country.

Every week we're checking to see if we can find the right deal to get us back this fall as well.

ENJOY!!!

Can't wait to get back!
    Still waiting to get credit from last August. Hopefully soon! This Friday will be a week I sent a request email.

Coloradojuli, I want to ask u a question. When u book a split vacation, do u just book 2 different reservations for the 2 resorts of your choice? Are u able to do the love away plan for the split vacations or do u have to pay for one in advance? I am interested to know how that works because, we like that idea of visiting 2 different resorts while on vacation. Did u get the $500 resort credit twice? If so, that's neat. Thank u in advance for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    Coloradojuli, I want to ask u a question. When u book a split vacation, do u just book 2 different reservations for the 2 resorts of your choice? Are u able to do the love away plan for the split vacations or do u have to pay for one in advance? I am interested to know how that works because, we like that idea of visiting 2 different resorts while on vacation. Did u get the $500 resort credit twice? If so, that's neat. Thank u in advance for your assistance.
    Not trying to cut in on Juli here, the gal KNOWS her Couples!! But since we recently stayed at CTI & CN and paid for them separately via the Love Away Plan, I can at least advise on your questions, Spice. Each property that you book, even if it's part of the same trip, is considered a separate booking, but you can take care of both with one call. Subsequently, each is eligible for the plan as well.

Based on the eligibility requirements, each booking could include the $500 credit. Usually, to obtain such a credit, you need to book at least 7 nites. So if you book a week at both A & B properties and the credit is in effect during this period, then you'd be eligible for the credit at both of them. Very cool on Couples' part.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Well, thank u so much for your assistance Ron. You know we r going 09/2011 for our 10 year anniversary. My husband is already talking about the promotion that they will role out the beginning of next year for 2012.
    He says that we can book a split vacation and knock 2 more of the other 3 resorts that will remain. I, of course, told him to wait until after we have gone and gotten a feel and taste of Couples before planning a 2 week stay. I don't know whose more excited me or him.

Correction... We were talking last night. We're going to see about CSA January or February and not waiting till April. The husband says he can't wait an entire year... Awww, I love him even more!!! Razzl

Hi Folks - we're heading to CN first wk in July for our second visit. Can someone please explain what the Lychee Martini is? We did not get a chance to eat there our last trip. Is it only available at the restaurant? What's in it? thanks for the info.