Default CTI or CSA - having trouble choosing

I realize they are pretty much as opposite as you can get but my boyfriend and I can't pick between the 2. I looked at someone's pictures from CTI and I feel in love with the place although it appears my boyfriend is not willing to be nude so most likely, the island will be out of the question

I also fell in love with CSA and would get a beachfront verandah because it looks amazing. The prospect of that expansive a beach is also tempting, but not necessary.

Anyone been to both? I realize everyone has different likes/dislikes but I'm interested in all opinions.

My boyfriend and I are very laid back. Not really the partying type, we are 28 & 29. I just want to feel like I'm in paradise, and be able to relax. He's a swimmer so swimable beach would definitely be preferred. Our last vacation to Punta Cana we were unable to get into the water, which was very rough.

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to book for August!!!

Based on your last 2nd to last paragraph:

My boyfriend and I are very laid back. Not really the partying type, we are 28 & 29. I just want to feel like I'm in paradise, and be able to relax. He's a swimmer so swimable beach would definitely be preferred. Our last vacation to Punta Cana we were unable to get into the water, which was very rough.

I'd say CSA. It has the bigger beach, the more swimmable waters, and the resort overall is definitely more tropical in its appearance and layout. Now there may be other factors you have yet to mention which could place CTI in the forefront, but based on the above criteria, I'd go with CSA.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

CTI is not nude. It has a small island you catch a boat to, if you want to be AN. Don't let this put you off. The resort is great. Give it a try.

I love CSA and the beach is the best of all the resorts (in my opinion). CSA is laid back and truly a tropical paradise. If you get a Beachfront Verandah Suite you will be right on the beach and CSA is the only resort that offers this type of room. Also, the water is perfect for swimming and if he is really into swimming there is a lap pool over at the sports complex that anyone rarely uses. I have not been to CTI, but that is my opinion on CSA. Good luck deciding.

Hi Nena and welcome to the Couples newbie dilemma. We've only been to CTI & CSA so we're perfectly qualified to compare the two. We travelled to CTI for our first trip so we could climb Dunns River Falls, just in case we didn't like Jamaica and never returned. Our last trip was to CSA and we fell in love with the place. It has more of that island feel compared to CTI's hotel feel. Most mornings we walked up or down the beach before breakfast at CSA to work up an appetite. You won't be able to do that at CTI. Strolling through the grounds to get to and from dinner was really nice too. We were with two other couples so we didn't need to mingle with other couples much. We parked ourselves in a perfect location on the beach near the water sports shack within reach of the bar and Sea Grapes Cafe. I took some exercise classes at the sports/spa and the facilities were excellent. Like Margi said, the lap pool is big and was empty when we sat in the shallow end relaxing one afternoon after a few games of ping pong and billards. To sum it up, we had a great time at CTI but the grounds and facilities at CSA made it perfect and our new home in Jamaica. Enjoy your time in Paradise.

I have been to both... and I will have a tough time giving you advice. We did go to CTI and never visited the AN island once. So I wouldn't worry about that. I did circumnavigate the island once with a Hobie Cat, but that's a different story

No matter what, you will probably have a fantastic time at either resort. Just show up in Jamaica with a good attitude.

I would pick one resort for this vacation and then not look back and second guess yourself... Both resorts are wonderful in their own way.

We've been to all 4 Couples resorts and IMHO, if you want to be in paradise book an Atrium room at CSA. If you need to see the sea from your room, book a Beachfront or Beachfront Verandah Suite. Negril is the place to be if you like calm water, they have far more red flag days in Ocho Rios.

Thanks to all for your input! We are definitely leaning towards CSA although CN has crept in somehow

Quote Originally Posted by nena2218 View Post
    Thanks to all for your input! We are definitely leaning towards CSA although CN has crept in somehow
    If you've been following this board for any length of time, you probably know that expression about one of the resorts calling out to you. Something tells me CN is starting to clear its throat.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

nena2218...I wouldn't be putting in my 2 cents since I haven't been to CSA but now that you've brought up CN I'll voice my opinion. You should definitely consider CN. It's has a long beautiful beach also. It is a smaller resort than CSA. We stay in the Deluxe Beachfront room and always have a beautiful view of the ocean. It is a very tropical resort. We just love it. We have been to CTI, CN and CSS. CN and CSS are our favorites. We like to switch back and forth between them each year.
    Good luck with your decision. If you decide on CSA, try doing a switch to CN for one day or vice versa. That way you can see what both resorts are like for future trips.

If you BF will not go to the island, then I would go to CSA. CTI is great, but if he has a nude issue, the CSA is for him.
    Irie Mon