Default Cocktail Wedding Reception

Hi
    Does anyone know what is included in the cocktail reception? Obviously cocktails, but whats difference between the hot or cold canapes? I've been trying to explain to my future husband but i'm not entirely sure myself!
    We definitely like the idea of a little reception with our guests after and are having the steel drum band. I'm so excited now I literally cant wait!
    Thanks so much for any advice or help you may have.

We're doing a reception as well. The hot appetizers costs $5 more per person than the cold apps. And obviously you will have different choices depending on which you go with. Also, you can choose to have this outside or inside. We're going to have it inside. Couples has told us we are allowed to have the room for one hour and we can play music from an ipod and dance. We also plan to have our cake and toast in this room as well as the best man/maid of honor speech.
    I'm super excited too!!! I hope this helps a little bit!

I emailed Debbie and she gave me a list of the cold and hot appetizers. I picked the cold, only because our wedding is at 10 a.m. I am also having the steel drum band and doing everything on the beach. I will try to find the email and post the menu on here for you.

here you go the menu
    Cold Canapees

· Chilled Gazpacho Shots with Toasted Pita Sticks
    · Smoked Marlin Ceviche with Oranges and Shaved Red Onion
    · Rare Seared Island Spiced Beef Tenderloin with Mango Chutney & Basil Feta
    · Jerk Grilled Chicken on Honey Ginger Glazed Plantain topped with Chives Sour Cream
    · Sweet Potato / Breadfruit Chips with 2 Dips (Roasted Pumpkin Jalapeno & Artichoke Asiago Cheese)

Hot Canapees

· Roasted Pumpkin Risotto Balls with Goat Cheese, Basil & Charred Tomato Scotch Bonnett Sauce
    · Saute Island Garlic Shrimp Skewers with Spicy Cocktail Sauce
    · Mini Beef Kebabs on Cucumber Tzatziki
    · Sweet & Sour Chicken Wings with Mango Glaze
    · Cornmeal Crusted Fried Fish Fingers with Herb Tartar Sauce

THanks Chris. Good to know. I'm doing 10 am and going with the cold apps as well. Great minds think alike

Thanks so much. I love this message board! Everyone's so helpful. I really am looking forward to our stay at couples and the wedding
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Ashntommy View Post
    THanks Chris. Good to know. I'm doing 10 am and going with the cold apps as well. Great minds think alike
    lol we do!

We had a cocktail party on the beach for our wedding at CSA May 29, 2010. The hot and cold appetizer menus change so you have to just look them over when you have your meeting with the on-site wedding coordinator. We decided on the hot appetizers just because they sounded better, but they ended up giving us both (which is also an option). I didn't actually get to try anything because i was too busy taking pictures and socializing (we had 42 guests) but everyone told us the food was delicious. The food at the resorts is so good, you really can't go wrong!

Also, the steel drum band was fantastic...you made a good choice there. We were also really glad we did the cocktail party because it gave everyone a chance to hang out and socialize, plus it was a good time to have everyone sign a guest book, make speeches, do the cake cutting, etc. Ours was on the beach after the sunset ceremony so the setting was absolutely beautiful and perfect.

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by 33abbie View Post
    Also, the steel drum band was fantastic...you made a good choice there. We were also really glad we did the cocktail party because it gave everyone a chance to hang out and socialize, plus it was a good time to have everyone sign a guest book, make speeches, do the cake cutting, etc. Ours was on the beach after the sunset ceremony so the setting was absolutely beautiful and perfect.

33abbie--did you post your sunset pictures? we are doing a sunset wedding on July 1 and I just wondered if I could see them...there are so few sunset wedding pictures here..
    thanks!

Our wedding was just a week and a half ago, and we used an outside photographer so we won't get our "official" pictures for a few weeks. I do have a bunch that our friends took, so i can try to pull a few together so you can see what the lighting and scenery looks like at that time of day. Send me an email at abbie05776@yahoo.com and i'll reply with some example photos.