Thread: Sailing at CSS?

Default Sailing at CSS?

I've scoured the boards, but find very few mentions of anyone sailing at CSS. Do they shut it down frequently for being too rough/choppy in that area?

I'd love to hear from anyone who's been to CSS and used the cats. We just want to know what to expect before we get there.

Thanks!

CSS June 2010
    CN August 2008

Hi there,

When we were at CSS a few weeks ago there was sailing each and every day. Some days were really quite windy but the hobies never stopped leaving the beach.

You should be just fine!

We were at CSS last August, and used the CATs almost every day. I don't recall any issues with High Winds that week. We are looking forward to returning to CSS in 28 days (but who is counting) and getting back out on the CATS

Default Awesome!

Thanks, Pookie and Tom!

We just returned and I only noticed a few times they never went out because there was no wind. We went out one day for a "tame" ride as the wind was pretty weak.
    It was a first for me and I loved it!

The only issue I had about the Hobie cats when we were there in 2008 is that the main sheet cleat and the main sheet itself were worn out and would not hold very well. That's Okay in a light breeze, but was a problem in higher winds. Hopefully, they have been replace by now.

We went a few weeks ago, and except for the first couple of days, we could not go out into the water because of the choppy water. No glass bottom boats or catamaran sailing. We were disappointed because we were really looking forward to it.

LisaD, same with us. No watersports at all the whole time because of rough seas. Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaD View Post
    We went a few weeks ago, and except for the first couple of days, we could not go out into the water because of the choppy water. No glass bottom boats or catamaran sailing. We were disappointed because we were really looking forward to it.
    Lisa, thank you. That's what we're concerned about. We were able to sail every day at CN. Apparently, it's different water/weather at CSS.

*crossing my fingers for good weather!*

Rick & Susan

Default Poor equipment maintance

Quote Originally Posted by GERRYA View Post
    The only issue I had about the Hobie cats when we were there in 2008 is that the main sheet cleat and the main sheet itself were worn out and would not hold very well. That's Okay in a light breeze, but was a problem in higher winds. Hopefully, they have been replace by now.
    Yep we had the same issue plus the spines holding the rudder were not good as a consequence the rudder came of and we had a hard job getting back to shore!!

Default Not like Couples...

That's disappointing to hear.

That's just not like the typical Couples' standards that I've read about. While all of their amenities may not necessarily be "top of the line", they at least seem to maintain a good quality standard so that guests can fully enjoy the properties and equipment.

Thanks for responding!

Rick & Susan

We sailed this week and had an awesome time! I wanted to go again today but all the cats were out and winds were low anyway...but i saw them out every day!
    Sean & Bekah Walsh