Default CSS: Comparison of Couples Shuttle and Tim Air

I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of the shuttle to CSS versus TimAir. We are traveling to CSS in October, and we have a 6.5 flight time from Houston to MBJ given that there is no direct flight on a Monday. We might not mind paying a little extra to shave some time off of our transit. If folks could chime in with some answers, I would really appreciate it!

1. How long does the shuttle generally take from MBJ to CSS?
    2. How long does Tim Air take from MBJ to CSS?
    3. What happens when you land at the airport in Ocho Rios? Does Couples send a shuttle to pick you up, and is it reliably there waiting? Or do you take a taxi?
    4. How far is the Ocho Rios airport to CSS?

Sorry for all of the questions, but thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybear View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of the shuttle to CSS versus TimAir. We are traveling to CSS in October, and we have a 6.5 flight time from Houston to MBJ given that there is no direct flight on a Monday. We might not mind paying a little extra to shave some time off of our transit. If folks could chime in with some answers, I would really appreciate it!

1. How long does the shuttle generally take from MBJ to CSS? About 1 1/2 hours last trip.
    2. How long does Tim Air take from MBJ to CSS? not sure.
    3. What happens when you land at the airport in Ocho Rios? You go through immigration, then collect your bags, then go to customs. Once you clear customs, you go to the left and let the Couples Lounge know you are there, get drink, use the facilities and then board the shuttle. We have never waited more than 10-15 minutes. Does Couples send a shuttle to pick you up, and is it reliably there waiting? Or do you take a taxi?
    4. How far is the Ocho Rios airport to CSS? There is not an Ocho Rios Airport. Tim Air flies into an airstrip in Boschobel Bay which is about a 15-20 minute ride from CSS.

Sorry for all of the questions, but thanks in advance!
    We have considered the flight, but the fee, we would rather spend extra days at the resort.
    Vicky

We have been to couples 7 times. In our first two trips we took Tim Air on the return to the airport to try to extend our stay.

I think at best it gave us an extra 45 minutes. You can confirm this by calling the hotel and asking if you took the shuttle what time would you leave the resort, and then if you took TIM Air what time would you leave. I think you will find its not a big difference in time.

If I was to do it Tim Air again it would be for the view from the air, not the time it saves.

IMHO your better off applying the Money that you would have spend on TIM Air for an extra night at Couples resort.

We were considering flying. This is what we received from TimAir in April (so quite recent):

"Thank you for your e-mail. The current price one-way to Negril is US $107 per person; flying time to Negril is 15 minutes.

The price from MBJ to Ocho Rios is US $464 to charter the plane for 2 passengers; flying time is 30 minutes.

We only offer private air taxi charters, no scheduled flights."

They also gave us a charter rate between OR and CSS, which was aobut 45 minutes.

Default Go Tim Air

Go Tim Air if you can afford it. It is definitely worth the money especially if you are not staying real long. We took the Tim Air flight to and from Negril and LOVED it. We got to the hotel before anyone else that was sitting in the lounge..early start to enjoy paradise. All the employees that work for Tim Air are really nice and friendly. Plus the Negril "airport" is directly across the street from CN.

Taking the flight from Negril back to Montego Bay is a must for us..it allows us to spend 2-3 extra hours at the resort and were able to eat a nice breakfast without being rushed. The views are amazing..you can see the whole island. Go Tim Air..you won't be disappointed.
    Shaun & Michelle Campbell
    Ya Mon!

The OP is going to CSS and the air strip is about 15-20 minutes from the resort. In Negril it is right across the street from CN and aobut 5 mins to CSA. In travel time that is big.
    Vicky